Random Miami Thoughts After Conference Games | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Miami Thoughts After Conference Games

After yesterday, I dislike Brady even more!!! Why, you ask? Not because in one season he took an average Bucs team to the Super Bowl after so many SBs with the Pats; that's not it. No, the reason I hate him more now is that because of him, Tampa Bay will be the FIRST team to play in a Super Bowl in their home stadium! With so many SBs played in Miami, I wanted the Dolphins to have that honor!

:frown
Playing the super bowl at home seems like such an unfair advantage, although maybe it's a little different this year with Covid.

I read that Bellichick is 60-71 without Brady. Maybe it was Brady all along? I mean that's not a good record and that's a substantial number of games.

Playing the super bowl at home seems like such an unfair advantage, although maybe it's a little different this year with Covid.
I understand that, but my point had nothing to do with home field advantage. It's a "record" thing. There will only ever be ONE team to be the first to play in a Super Bowl at home. Tampa Bay will forever be recognized as being the first, and when the next team does it, it won't be as special. My only hope is that Tampa loses, and Miami becomes the first team to WIN a Super Bowl in their home stadium; that would be an even greater honor!

Last edited:
KC has a master schemer in Big Red. Absolutely not surprised they handled BUF. Their defense will show up when needed and their HC will always put their offense in a position to win.

GB was put on notice by Rodgers last night. His HC is a novice with Absolutely NO understanding of Tom Brady or situational awareness at half. Where were the adjustments?

Matt LaFleur is a bum.
That was one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen in a football game. Hey, no guarantee Rodgers scores the touchdown and 2 pt conversion, if they went for it, but, definitely if the choice is trust your MVP to get 8 yards and score, or trust your defense to stop the greatest and most cluctch playoff QB of all time to not get a first down with the NFC championship on the line? You don’t even think about that one!

Top it off, what did that say to Rodgers? What, the coach doesn’t believe in me in that circumstance? Now, with the raw emotion, Rodgers is hinting he wants out. Even if you went for it and didn’t get it, then it’s not on you, it’s on Rodgers and he doesn’t think you don’t believe in him and you lick your wounds, come back after the off season and start again. Now what?

Incredibly dumb decision.

I'm still tryinng to figure out why GB was plodding along in Q3. Sure, Keep Tommy Boy off the field ad long possible.

Still... a littler more urgency would have been nice

As for the AFC, they could have flagged Felicano & Dawkins for holding alot more.

That was one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen in a football game. Hey, no guarantee Rodgers scores the touchdown and 2 pt conversion, if they went for it, but, definitely if the choice is trust your MVP to get 8 yards and score, or trust your defense to stop the greatest and most cluctch playoff QB of all time to not get a first down with the NFC championship on the line? You don’t even think about that one!

Top it off, what did that say to Rodgers? What, the coach doesn’t believe in me in that circumstance? Now, with the raw emotion, Rodgers is hinting he wants out. Even if you went for it and didn’t get it, then it’s not on you, it’s on Rodgers and he doesn’t think you don’t believe in him and you lick your wounds, come back after the off season and start again. Now what?

Rodgers is, what 1-5 in conference games?

I read that Bellichick is 60-71 without Brady. Maybe it was Brady all along? I mean that's not a good record and that's a substantial number of games.

Please do you know how many times the Super Bowl was played in Miami? If the Dolphins were only good enough...........They are now betting the Palm Trees on Tua!!!

I understand that, but my point had nothing to do with home field advantage. It's a "record" thing. There will only ever be ONE team to be the first to play in a Super Bowl at home. Tampa Bay will forever be recognized as being the first, and when the next team does it, it won't be as special. My only hope is that Tampa loses, and Miami becomes the first team to WIN a Super Bowl in their home stadium; that would be an even greater honor!
I hate to quote myself, but I just realized that this might not be such a big deal after all. Since the Super Bowl is rotated among only a handful of cities, the majority of teams will never have the chance to accomplish this. So, that's not exactly fair now, is it?

Rodgers is, what 1-5 in conference games?
Yep, maybe because he doesn't

Incredibly dumb decision

So the GB coach is getting the heat for not going for it on 4th and goal from the 8. But how about this? Why can't GB get few yards when it's 1st and goal? Much easier when it's 4th and goal from the 3. For that, I blame Rodgers. That's his history. Always looking to make the big play. Guess what, he's pissed they didn't go for it? Well, how about you don't suck for 3 plays so you can go for it. Guarantee, Brady would've worked the ball till they got on the goal line. That's why he's been to 10 bowls and Rodgers is 1-5 in conference championships. Just my two cents

I think all 4 of the teams prove the point that your OL doesn’t have to be “special” if the defense has to respect your QB and offensive weapons. Buffalo only sacked Mahomes 1 time, mind you he is playing through turf toe which is 1000 times more painful than it sounds, because they had to respect Hill and Kelce on every single play. The Chiefs OL is in shambles, but it’s almost impossible to take advantage of it with their weapons.

Please do you know how many times the Super Bowl was played in Miami? If the Dolphins were only good enough...........They are now betting the Palm Trees on Tua!!!
Just looked it up. Played in Miami 11 times. New Orleans is second most with 10.

Rodgers has no reason to be upset, he could have taken the decision out of LaFleur's hands if he had simply ran it in on 3rd down. It was wide open.

Back
Top Bottom