Random Miami Thoughts After Conference Games | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Random Miami Thoughts After Conference Games

I hate to quote myself, but I just realized that this might not be such a big deal after all. Since the Super Bowl is rotated among only a handful of cities, the majority of teams will never have the chance to accomplish this. So, that's not exactly fair now, is it?
Seems like it should be rotated between teams, like the all-star game in baseball. I understand, the NFL doesn't want the super bowl at Lambeau Field, or and cold weather city, but the current selection process needs to be revisited.

I like that the super bowl is one game. Originally it was proposed to be three games, one at each team's home field, and one at a neutral site.

It was on GB's coach not.to go for it. Young Sheldon got exposed...

Tyreek Hill won the Buffalo game, with Mahomes and Kelce keeping them on schedule.

Josh Allen can't quite shake the ghost of inaccuracy. It showed up and it mattered.

The BS about the call at the end was there were two clear pens on TB that did not get called. The shoulder pull that led to the pick and the LB who wrapped his arm around D.Adams waist at the 5 yard line. Both plays were critical to TB's lead and would have completely changed the outcome of the game. Horrid call at the end of the game because of what they didn't call all game. Why missed calls on PI are not reviewable is beyond me. Coaches have two chances for review, they should be on anything called or missed not limited. Every year it seems like a PI call on non call is deciding the winner and that has to change.

BTW - did anyone else feel like the game was over after they announced in the first half that Billy Turner was starting at LT...I was like, keep rolling out right

GB out coached themselves, that whole offense is based off PA. They got away from the run early and even when pressure was getting to AR they still did nothing with the run or screens to slow the pass rush down. Horrible coaching. Now add the stupidity of not going for it on 4th down was as bad of a call as Seattle passing in the SB when Lynch was destroying NE's defense. Coaches out coaching themselves!

It was on GB's coach not.to go for it. Young Sheldon got exposed...

Tyreek Hill won the Buffalo game, with Mahomes and Kelce keeping them on schedule.

Josh Allen can't quite shake the ghost of inaccuracy. It showed up and it mattered.
Allen had a great year, but he still has those moments. He's also not elite in terms of processing the field. Fortunately, Buffalo's offensive line gives him a lot of time.

The BS about the call at the end was there were two clear pens on TB that did not get called. The shoulder pull that led to the pick and the LB who wrapped his arm around D.Adams waist at the 5 yard line. Both plays were critical to TB's lead and would have completely changed the outcome of the game. Horrid call at the end of the game because of what they didn't call all game. Why missed calls on PI are not reviewable is beyond me. Coaches have two chances for review, they should be on anything called or missed not limited. Every year it seems like a PI call on non call is deciding the winner and that has to change.
I agree. It was a penalty, but the refs didn't call it all game long.

I wouldn't be complaining had it not gone down that way.

Each year's championship game teams will give a somewhat different message. My preferred team building method is similar to the last 2 SB losers - Rams and Niners. No 2 teams are alike, but I think there are lots of similarities there. However I care way more about the Phins winning - regardless of how they're built.

That was one of the dumbest decisions I’ve ever seen in a football game. Hey, no guarantee Rodgers scores the touchdown and 2 pt conversion, if they went for it, but, definitely if the choice is trust your MVP to get 8 yards and score, or trust your defense to stop the greatest and most cluctch playoff QB of all time to not get a first down with the NFC championship on the line? You don’t even think about that one!

Top it off, what did that say to Rodgers? What, the coach doesn’t believe in me in that circumstance? Now, with the raw emotion, Rodgers is hinting he wants out. Even if you went for it and didn’t get it, then it’s not on you, it’s on Rodgers and he doesn’t think you don’t believe in him and you lick your wounds, come back after the off season and start again. Now what?

Incredibly dumb decision.

You add the GB FO pushing for Jordan Love and ignoring the offensive skill positions all together, and Rodgers has every right to question the GB FO commitment to their future HOF QB.

But you get here, because the HC has never been held to account by the FO. And the FO is firmly behind their HC. Rodgers is but a piece to tolerate for a few years as his successor prepares in the wings.

BTW - did anyone else feel like the game was over after they announced in the first half that Billy Turner was starting at LT...I was like, keep rolling out right

2 major injuries to that oline were big

KC just lost one of their bigs, and will put alot of pressure on Reid to compensate and ease the pressure on his replacement.

Billy Turner at LG with Bakhtiari at LT was doable. Without? Trash.

I think the NFL should try out an all automated official system. Have a couple onfield refs to line up the ball, but have people in booths do the calls. It is usually obvious after a single slowmo review if there's a penalty on a play, but we trust realtime refs who are fallible and only able to see from a single point. Hell, a ref could sneeze or blink and miss a blatant false start, punch, or hold.

Chris Jones last night got a punch in on Feliciano, something that I've seen Wilkins get ejected for against the same OL two years ago. Wilkins gives the guy a one hand shove and gets ejected, Chris Jones sucker punches after the whistle and the refs miss it.

People wonder why adult men yell at the TV during games lol, it is almost always at the refs

The Bills hung 24 on the Chiefs and the Packers hung 26 on the Bucs. That's nothing to sneeze at. The difference was the offenses of the winning teams were undeniable and had multiple threats. They delivered multiple home run plays at key moments.

Dink and dunk with players like Jakeem Grant isn't going to cut it. There have to be multiple players that defenses have to gameplan around and inspire fear. We don't need "solid", we need "scary". Sounds corny, but I'd enter the draft with that as that mentality: "Who is going to scare the **** out of opposing defenses?"

Seems like it should be rotated between teams, like thcan hold the e all-star game in baseball. I understand, the NFL doesn't want the super bowl at Lambeau Field, or and cold weather city, but the current selection process needs to be revisited.

I like that the super bowl is one game. Originally it was proposed to be three games, one at each team's home field, and one at a neutral site.

If they hold the Super Bowl in NYC/NJ, Detroit, & Minneapolis... why not Seattle, Charlotte, & KC?

That said, I will be in Vegas when (not if) the Super Bowl is there... I'm only 6 hrs way by car

Back
Top Bottom