Randy Mueller's opinions of AJ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Randy Mueller's opinions of AJ

Ed (Bills) said:
I wasn't trying to smack at all. The original poster wanted to know what Muellers opinion of the Feeley trade was. I didn't know, but I remembered him talking about the Ogunleye trade last year that involved the fins and thought some people might find it interesting since he's your new GM. So no, my post wasn't exactly on topic, but I thought it was kind of related.

Ogunleye didn't exactly become the pass rushing force that the Bears were hoping for. I konw he was hurt part of the year but when he played, he didn't exactly light up the stat sheet (6 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble and 37 tackles). If he puts up these types of numbers again, then it'll be obvious that he played well here because JT was getting so much attention...so Muller may not have been accurate in his assessment.

I'd say we evened out. No team got the best of each other in that trade although I preferred (at the time) to trade him for at least a second if not a first round pick (if we could) because I could see that we had forfeited our future too much with Wanny and Spielman's stupid decisions.

Ed (Bills) said:
I don't know about the AJ trade, but I remember Mueller critisizing the dolphins on the radio after the Ogunleye/Booker trade. He felt like the Bears got the much better end of the deal.

And rightly so, based on Muellers trade history its not hard to speculate that he would have done much better for the Dolphins had be been the GM when trading a young Pro Bowl defensive end.

KuchaMucha said:
Ogunleye didn't exactly become the pass rushing force that the Bears were hoping for. I konw he was hurt part of the year but when he played, he didn't exactly light up the stat sheet (6 sacks, 1 Forced Fumble and 37 tackles). If he puts up these types of numbers again, then it'll be obvious that he played well here because JT was getting so much attention...so Muller may not have been accurate in his assessment.

I'd say we evened out. No team got the best of each other in that trade although I preferred (at the time) to trade him for at least a second if not a first round pick (if we could) because I could see that we had forfeited our future too much with Wanny and Spielman's stupid decisions.

What Ogun did after the trade is irrelevent, what matters is the value he had at the time of the trade and based upon the contract he signed with the Bears they certainly thought he was the young Pro Bowler he had shown himself to be that season.

From that standpoint Spielman once again was taken.

BlueFin said:
What Ogun did after the trade is irrelevent, what matters is the value he had at the time of the trade and based upon the contract he signed with the Bears they certainly thought he was the young Pro Bowler he had shown himself to be that season.

yes any point that can prove you wrong is irrelevant. What matters is only the thing that proves your point.

Based on that you are a biased man.

BlueFin said:

And Saban was "taken" by KC because of the value of the contract signed by Surtain with the Chiefs (3rd highest paid CB)? Must have been Spielman again!
We couldn't get 1rst round value for either Ogun or Pat because of the question marks concerning the players. Neither team were going to invest a 1rst round pick AND the big contracts in those players. Ogun concerns were about his production w/o JT and the past injury, Surtain's was age and his knees.

Stop complaining about something that wasn't going to happen. We couldn't afford Ogun & Pat, and other teams weren't going to give a 1rst round pick for them.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
yes any point that can prove you wrong is irrelevant. What matters is only the thing that proves your point.

Based on that you are a biased man.

My point still stands as fact, regardless of your childish reaction, which obviously stems from a previous thread where I disagreed with you.

The question was could Randy Mueller have done a better job getting compensation for Ogun than Rick Spielman did? Based on Randys history of getting excellent value when trading Vets and in paying as little as possible when trading for players, my opinion would be yes, Randy Mueller being a more skilled negotiator than Rick Spielman probably would have done better, hence Randy's criticism of the Ogun trade.

Back
Top Bottom