Ranking Nfl’s Top 15 Offensive Lines Heading Into 2018 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking Nfl’s Top 15 Offensive Lines Heading Into 2018

About the only way this article could have been any more poorly informed would be if they identified Landry as the center.

Tannehill will take more sacks because he doesn't see the rush coming.

After being sacked more than just about any qb in the history of the NFL over their first 5 seasons im willing to bet you cannot find more than a handful of clips proving your claim. Meanwhile I can find dozens upon dozens of him not having a pocket at all to be aware in.....

Todd Bowles and I think Tannehills vision of the rush is lacking, that's why we both laugh and smile so much on the side lines when the jets play the fins. I guess CBs covering the slot are allowed to blitz?

Gore is a physical runner with a lot of experience so he very well could get the start, I wouldn't think that was a knock on Drake or his talent it could just be a feeling out process and a wearing out of the defense before you hit them with the speed...that wouldn't be bad way to start games, but I could see Drake going from the get-go, he was very impressive but also looked somewhat inexperienced at times. I think we put to much into starting and it really doesn't mean all that much...Number of carries is what I think counts, now days...who has the hot hand could also play into it.

Gase wants us to be a passing team so it will be interesting to see just how many carries there will be to divide, also protection and passes out of the back field to take into consideration.

Very well could come down to who Gase has the most confidence in blocking for Tannehill

Another point on Cutler. He did a nice job of feeling the pressure and stepping up. In that regard, he's further along than Tannehill, who I think made strides in that area at the end of 2016. You could see him moving more in the pocket anyway.

I agree with this 100% hopefully with RT on the bench watching Cutler maneuver in the pocket, he could learn a little

Tannehill will take more sacks because he doesn't see the rush coming.

He absolutely sees the rush.

The problem is his offensive line was poor at doing their job and Ryan had not developed the improvisational skills and was not as sharp in his pocket movements in comparison to some of his peers and would take sacks that some of those other quarterbacks would avoid and even make plays on. You could argue he dealt with more turnstile offensive line play than any QB in the NFL for a couple of years.

Adam Gase knew this coming here and in 2016 camp you saw how intense they were working with Ryan on movements drills (both inside the pocket and outside of the pocket) and as we saw it paid immense dividends during the season.

The instinct to move is not an elite trait from Ryan but he can look elite when he is moving . . . .if that makes sense.

Which goes back to my worry that he is mentally unphased by a reinjury, two long rehabs and can go back out there and continue where he left off, which was on a unquestioned upward swing.

Kdawg said it best. RT DID take a lot of sacks (just watch the games), but I think Kdawg was right in some of it is based on him not developing the improvisational skills needed to avoid the sacks. His pocket movement was not as good as others. Hopefully, watching Cutler maneuver the pocket helped his learning curve.

Ideal world Drake and Ballage split evenly. Gore gets scraps.

Timing routes were off the table with Cutler they will be back with Tannehill. Have to be willing to stand in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously the author has no clue to how inept Tannehill is in the pocket.

In 2015 Tannehill sacked 45 times on 586 attempts.
In 2016 Tannehill sacked 29 times on 389 attempts and Moore sacked 1 time on 87 attempts.
In 2017 Cutler sacked 20 times on 429 attempts.

3 things guaranteed in life, 1) death 2) taxes 3) Tannefans will be blaming the OL again when Tannehill takes more unnecessary sacks this year as that number significantly rises again assuming he stays healthy.

#10? The writer doesn't know much about Miami's offensive line woes as of late. Even with the subtraction by addition, if we break top 20 that will be a vast improvement

Obviously the author has no clue to how inept Tannehill is in the pocket.

In 2015 Tannehill sacked 45 times on 586 attempts.
In 2016 Tannehill sacked 29 times on 389 attempts and Moore sacked 1 time on 87 attempts.
In 2017 Cutler sacked 20 times on 429 attempts.

3 things guaranteed in life, 1) death 2) taxes 3) Tannefans will be blaming the OL again when Tannehill takes more unnecessary sacks this year as that number significantly rises again assuming he stays healthy.
How many times was Moore sacked last year? Once every 10 drops! Lol.. in 2016 Cutler was sacked once every EIGHT drop backs. I love how people only mention the stats that they feel prove their agenda. Hahahah.

Btw, you try to discredit Tannehill for taking sacks, how many INTs would he have thrown had he not taken those sacks? A sack is better than an INT.

How many times was Moore sacked last year? Once every 10 drops! Lol.. in 2016 Cutler was sacked once every EIGHT drop backs. I love how people only mention the stats that they feel prove their agenda. Hahahah.

Btw, you try to discredit Tannehill for taking sacks, how many INTs would he have thrown had he not taken those sacks? A sack is better than an INT.

Doesn't it make sense to compare Cutlers stats when he is playing with OUR offensive line? lol - what does his 2016 stats with a completely different team have to do with this discussion?

I mean, I'm a Tannehill fan, but if there is *one* aspect of his game he is noticeably bad, its pocket presence.

Having any kind of improvisational skills is better than taking a sack.

Back
Top Bottom