Ranking Nfl’s Top 15 Offensive Lines Heading Into 2018 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking Nfl’s Top 15 Offensive Lines Heading Into 2018

Not sure if I would rate the Dolphins offensive line in the top 15 . Maybe in the top 20. It really depends on whether Tunsil improves in his 2nd year at LT and if James stays healthy while playing as well as he did before he got hurt last season. Jesse Davis looks like he could be very good. Sitton is a stop gap for a year or two. Hope we see a lot of Asiata in pre season. The Dolphins will most likely be drafting an OG next year. Kilgore is ok but is probably only a stop gap for this year. Hopefully Brendel continues to develop. The team may be drafting a center in the next draft too.

Neither was great last year however PFF had Daniel Kilgore ranked #23 and Mike Pouncey ranked #27.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/daniel-kilgore/6315

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/mike-pouncey/6167

Once again I reiterate, Mike Pouncey is no longer an eliter Center. Kilgore is will be an improvement simply due to the fact that he can actually practice. Prediction Pouncey's play continues to decline and he does not play a full 16 games in 2018.

upload_2018-6-20_22-32-30.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-20_22-32-30.png
    upload_2018-6-20_22-32-30.png
    337.2 KB · Views: 2

Have to do more than just pass block as a Center. His run blocking was atrocious. His pass blocking rating is also inflated do to the fact that most of the time Cutler would get rid of the ball quickly either by some quick short pass/ dump off or throwing the ball away. Cutler rarely stood in the pocket to find someone deep. Lets see how he does in an offense that wants to throw more than quick 5 yard passes.

Let’s pretend we’re talking about the Jets who lost an elite C in the passing game for a below avg C. Upgraded their LG with an all pro G that’s 32. Avg decline for an OL is 11 seasons...guess who’s 11th season this is? RG unproven. LT and RT are the same as last season. How is this unit better than last year?

I was going to do the exact same Jets analogy only with Frank Gore. No one would be worried at all if he'd signed with them. I wonder if his Miami history has anything to do with the excitement surrounding him. I mean, yeah, he does have a little left in the tank. It won't be an Arian Foster situation. But nothing to get too excited about, either.

As to Kilgore, I'm pretty sure we'll miss Pouncey before the season is over. Fingers crossed he turns out to be a lateral move. It'd be very disappointing if we shore up guard only to fold at center. Of course, it would be even more disappointing if Sitton turns out to be washed up, too.

Under Gase, RT pocket pressence will improve. Watching from the sidelines so much lately will also help his mental part of his game. He’ll be good. Not worried about him too much. Did you all know that Miami’s offense put up a surprisingly different pt differential and wins when Albert played vs when he was out hurt at LT. RT was sacked a lot less too.

Last edited:
Obviously the author has no clue to how inept Tannehill is in the pocket.

In 2015 Tannehill sacked 45 times on 586 attempts.
In 2016 Tannehill sacked 29 times on 389 attempts and Moore sacked 1 time on 87 attempts.
In 2017 Cutler sacked 20 times on 429 attempts.

3 things guaranteed in life, 1) death 2) taxes 3) Tannefans will be blaming the OL again when Tannehill takes more unnecessary sacks this year as that number significantly rises again assuming he stays healthy.
You conveniently forgot to list the OL rankings those years.

Last edited:
LMAO, our line sucked last year just like it has sucked the last decade. I saw another article about how we were rated #6 in pass protection which is a bad joke! Cutler may have only had 20 sacks, but he had more back peddling yards than any other QB in NFL history. He was consistently throwing off of his back foot due to pressure. James was like he always is, meh and Tunsil didn't lead jack. We seemed to play better when Pouncey was hurt.....and Gore will only be the starter if Drake is hurt for some reason. Ya, this article made me chuckle!

Back
Top Bottom