Rapid Fire: Rate the Miami Dolphins draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rapid Fire: Rate the Miami Dolphins draft

Your draft grade for Miami's 2012 draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B- with the wild card being Tannehill.

Overall good. Filled needs. But interestingly enough I Don't real see more than 1 starter in J.Martin (Tannehill being the 2nd).

Vernon, Egnew, Miller, will all see action. Don't really like the 5th rd LB (would have snagged M.Jones or Givens, WR, or even Massaquoi OLB) or the 7th rd DT (would have snagged C.Johnson DE or J.Brown OG) picks.

The 2 WR could surprise, but will be fighting Moore and Wallace for the 4th and 5th (if not, PS). I think Pruitts gone.

I give this draft a solid B. This draft was based on Philbin's philosophy, WRs can be found in the latter part of the draft. I was on the fence about taking Ryan Tannehill in the first round because I expect a player picked that early should come in and make an immediate impact, we all know that won't happen, but I trust the new regime, they know Tannehill better than his own mom does so I'm fine with it.

They addressed a glaring need at RT by drafting a player graded out in the first round.

The third round was decent, I feel Oliveir Vernon will surprise people. I am not a big fan of Michael Egnew because I like a more complete TE, but this is the new NFL and Egnew will have a specific role (catch passes).

All I can say about the fourth round is WOW. When it was our pick, I was saying Lamar Miller but did not think they would do it because it was not a need for us, but I agree with switching to the BPA strategy because he was too good of a player to bypass.

Josh Kaddu, I don't know that much about him but NFL Network Draft Analyst, Charles Davis said Kaddu is his favorite player in the draft, Kaddu has a motor to get after the QB, and a great tackler.

I like BJ Cunningham and Rishard Matthews, both productive WRs who got better each year. Good late round finds.

Kheeston Randall will provide good depth at DT.

They aren't the sexy, big name receivers we wanted, but both had very good production in their last years of college...2600+ yards and 20 TDs between the 2 of them.

College production means little when determining NFL production. If that was the case guys like Kellen Moore and Casey Keenum would be drafted already. Both are what they are. Slow possession WR's. No different than everything else we have. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the 2 didn't make the roster.

Giving credit where due: masterful maneuver on Ireland's part: burning a few low potential low picks to trade up 2 slots and grab Miller, an A level talent, potential home run hitter from behind the LOS and on STs, for the price of a high 4th. Making amends for that disgusting Teblow clusterfork shouldn't and likely wasn't a contributing factor, but it's not gonna hurt with the fanbase either. Impressive move.

Everyone we drafted fits our new schemes almost perfectly. WC QB, RT, 4-3 DE, seem busting TE, great value explosive RB, pass rusher, and two late WRs who catch the ball and run solid routes. we cant fill every hole in the draft. we did a good job.

Overall good. Filled needs. But interestingly enough I Don't real see more than 1 starter in J.Martin (Tannehill being the 2nd).

Vernon, Egnew, Miller, will all see action. Don't really like the 5th rd LB (would have snagged M.Jones or Givens, WR, or even Massaquoi OLB) or the 7th rd DT (would have snagged C.Johnson DE or J.Brown OG) picks.

The 2 WR could surprise, but will be fighting Moore and Wallace for the 4th and 5th (if not, PS). I think Pruitts gone.

It's honestly hard to take you seriously considering Givens was taken a full 1.5 rounds before the "5th round linebacker"

Everyone we drafted fits our new schemes almost perfectly. WC QB, RT, 4-3 DE, seem busting TE, great value explosive RB, pass rusher, and two late WRs who catch the ball and run solid routes. we cant fill every hole in the draft. we did a good job.

Question....why do you have Wes Welker, a Patriot, in your avatar? :ponder:

That 5th round Lb made your starting T look bad with a sack on Luck inside the redzone.

A++++++++++++++ ireland stays for 5 more years cause of this awesome draft!!!! Parcells sucks

College production means little when determining NFL production. If that was the case guys like Kellen Moore and Casey Keenum would be drafted already. Both are what they are. Slow possession WR's. No different than everything else we have. Wouldn't surprise me if one of the 2 didn't make the roster.

Quarterbacks are different, Other Sebastian. Ireland (and Philbin) didn't target the big, fast, flashy guys. Miller in the backfield, Bush in the slot, Egnew and Fasano creating matchup problems. And Bess/Hartline are not to be scoffed at. It's tough for me to say anything bad about this draft.

Back
Top Bottom