Ray wants Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray wants Miami

Nice. Currently I think we should sign Ricky Ray, re-sign Sage to a 3 year deal (he's an RFA I believe), and then draft Phil Rivers in the first round or get Drew Henson but Rivers is 1 to Henson's 1a on my choice list.

We could have Ricky Ray and Sage Rosenfels battle for the #1 spot. Forget Mark Brunell, he's too gun shy to put up with us getting Rivers or Henson and to me that means he's lost his committment to winning and excellence...because if Brunell was performing well and this team was winning he knows darn well there won't be any pressure for that Rookie QB to come in during 2004 or even 2005. So by saying he doesnt wanna go to a team with a 1st round QB, he's covering his butt in case he starts sucking and the team starts losing.

Ricky Ray, Sage Rosenfels, and a rookie like Henson or Rivers would be young, hungry players looking to make their name and make some money. If either Ray or Sage end up starting and performing well, all the sudden we've got a surplus at the QB position to trade to other teams, instead of us always waiting for another team to have a surplus then sending draft picks over toward them.

Is Ricky Ray that good if so we should not draft a QB but instead get a WR in the 1st round

Sage should not battle for the #1 spot, if he has been a backup that long he is not going to be good enough to even contend for the starting job all of a sudden.

I personally dont think that Sage is as good as everyone always says. He will never be the #1 QB because he just doesnt have it. He's a great guy, very nice but i just dont see him being a starter for us anytime soon. ESPECIALLY this year!

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Sage should not battle for the #1 spot, if he has been a backup that long he is not going to be good enough to even contend for the starting job all of a sudden.

Originally posted by MissMeth
I personally dont think that Sage is as good as everyone always says. He will never be the #1 QB because he just doesnt have it. He's a great guy, very nice but i just dont see him being a starter for us anytime soon. ESPECIALLY this year!

Just out of curiosity, how can either of you make these kind of claims?....I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that I've seen as much of him as both of you have, and I wouldn't even come close to saying that he CAN or CAN'T do anything...Please enlighten me as to what it is that I am missing.

ooo I can see it now. The "Ricky" double threat! Williams, and Ray. :p
Thats a catchy gimmick assuming Ray is any good.

i thought rays coach or GM said he was a year or two away from starting in the NFL? I certainly don't want sage in yet, i think a lot of people overhype him, and even if he has the tools i just dont think hes ready. just personal opinion there.

how old is ray compared to rivers/henson?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Nice. Currently I think we should sign Ricky Ray, re-sign Sage to a 3 year deal (he's an RFA I believe), and then draft Phil Rivers in the first round or get Drew Henson but Rivers is 1 to Henson's 1a on my choice list.

We could have Ricky Ray and Sage Rosenfels battle for the #1 spot. Forget Mark Brunell, he's too gun shy to put up with us getting Rivers or Henson and to me that means he's lost his committment to winning and excellence...because if Brunell was performing well and this team was winning he knows darn well there won't be any pressure for that Rookie QB to come in during 2004 or even 2005. So by saying he doesnt wanna go to a team with a 1st round QB, he's covering his butt in case he starts sucking and the team starts losing.

Ricky Ray, Sage Rosenfels, and a rookie like Henson or Rivers would be young, hungry players looking to make their name and make some money. If either Ray or Sage end up starting and performing well, all the sudden we've got a surplus at the QB position to trade to other teams, instead of us always waiting for another team to have a surplus then sending draft picks over toward them.

I must agree with this post, especially the comments about Brunell. "I want to be a Dolphin, BUT...you cannot have another QB that could beat me out...I have already lost my job in JAX to Gary Coleman!"

It really sounds like the guy folded to the competition in JAX!!!

Originally posted by inFINSible

Just out of curiosity, how can either of you make these kind of claims?....I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that I've seen as much of him as both of you have, and I wouldn't even come close to saying that he CAN or CAN'T do anything...Please enlighten me as to what it is that I am missing.

Ive gone to training camps the last two years and in both years, i saw much of nothing from him. Dont get me wrong.. i like the guy and if he really had it i would like for him to play for us. But he's been with this team for 3 years and he is STILL the #3 guy??! You would think he would be #2 by now if he really had it. We go pick up Ray Lucas and then Brian Griese instead of promoting him?! That should tell you something big guy. He plays a lot during training camps and i just dont see how he will benefit this team. Sorry... just my opinion.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
i thought rays coach or GM said he was a year or two away from starting in the NFL? I certainly don't want sage in yet, i think a lot of people overhype him, and even if he has the tools i just dont think hes ready. just personal opinion there.

how old is ray compared to rivers/henson?

I am sure that all of the:

Panther Fans were saying that about Jake Delhomme
Rams Fans were saying it about Kurt Warner and Marc Bulger
Eagles Fans about A J Feely and Koy Detmer

We need a change and a fresh start at QB. I am tired of bringing in the "leftovers". If Brunell was such a "Hot Commodity", the entire league would be lining up at his door!!

Besides...Norv really likes Brunell - he will be a Raider!!

Originally posted by inFINSible

Well would'nt a strong sign of Sage's potential be that the organizations talk of not only brining in a veteran QB but also drafting one for the future???

Surely if the organization thought Sage had huge upside then bringing in a vet would be the only situation they'd be looking at and not also bringing in a kid for the future.

Then again.... This is the same organization that gave the Fiedler expirement 4 long years before they realized it was a bomb.

they ought to sign the guy he obviously wants to be here and his workout went well we should bring in as much talent at qb as we can weve let the position go for soooo long when have we ever been qb rich? its time to turn over all the stones for quarterbacks..... i can see a brunell/ray/rivers being real sweet

Back
Top Bottom