Ray wants Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray wants Miami

With this new QB coach in Trestman, atleast one of the QB's of Ricky Ray, Sage or Henson/Rivers would shine.. I like my chances there..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
With this new QB coach in Trestman, atleast one of the QB's of Ricky Ray, Sage or Henson/Rivers would shine.. I like my chances there..

I agree 100%.

I was uder the impression that Ray had a work out with the fins. Was there any highlights or comments? Was it a closed work out?:confused:

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Well would'nt a strong sign of Sage's potential be that the organizations talk of not only brining in a veteran QB but also drafting one for the future???

Surely if the organization thought Sage had huge upside then bringing in a vet would be the only situation they'd be looking at and not also bringing in a kid for the future.

Then again.... This is the same organization that gave the Fiedler expirement 4 long years before they realized it was a bomb.

I think it's call PR, the fans are screaming for Jay's head, are we going to promote our #3, will that shut people up, no, we'd be all over the organization, saying he hasn't played and all the other baloney. They have to cover themselves with a vet. But R. Ray might be intriguging.

BTW, the price tag on RR mades him really appealing.

I just don't see us going with 3 QB's with no starting experience in the NFL at all. I think that if Jay and Griese are gone, they'll bring in a veteran to go along with 2 younger guys(Ray,Rivers, Henson or Sage)but I don't think they'll start a rookie or Ray or Sage imo.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
I just don't see us going with 3 QB's with no starting experience in the NFL at all. I think that if Jay and Griese are gone, they'll bring in a veteran to go along with 2 younger guys(Ray,Rivers, Henson or Sage)but I don't think they'll start a rookie or Ray or Sage imo.

Ozzy rules!!

We went with Jay and Ray, who only played half a season and untested number 3 when Jay first got here. If we have Sage, Ray, and Rivers, I wouldn't sweat it. They may not have a whole lot of NFL starting experience, but I think we would still excel with them if all the other talent on O is upgrades, R. Ray's price tag would allow that.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

We went with Jay and Ray, who only played half a season and untested number 3 when Jay first got here. If we have Sage, Ray, and Rivers, I wouldn't sweat it. They may not have a whole lot of NFL starting experience, but I think we would still excel with them if all the other talent on O is upgrades, R. Ray's price tag would allow that.
I wouldn't have a problem with the 3 young guys. I just don't think that Wanny'll go for that.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
BTW, the price tag on RR mades him really appealing.
:yes: I think so too
Both Staninger and his client have made it abundantly clear Ray won't be headed south without a legitimate shot at a starting or backup job.

By virtue of the salary grid, NFL teams won't be able to pay Ray anything more than the minimum for his rookie season. Just how interested any club is in securing Ray's services will be reflected by the size of the signing bonus offered.

All indications are Staninger is looking to start the bidding in the $100,000 US range.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Sage should not battle for the #1 spot, if he has been a backup that long he is not going to be good enough to even contend for the starting job all of a sudden.

I wouldn't say that. Jake Delhomme was third string on the Saints before going to Carolina.... Look how that turned out!

Player, Team Att Comp Pct. Yards TD Int Rating
Ricky Ray, Edmonton 515 348 67.6 4640 35 13 108.2

this past seasons stats

Back
Top Bottom