Ray wants Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ray wants Miami

Just one more thing about Rickey Ray. The team he's been playing on won the Gray Cup last year. Also, someone mentioned a couple of QBs that made the transition from CFL to NFL and had only one good NFL season. To be fair, I thought I would also mention that Warren Moon as well as Jim Kelly started their pro careers in the CFL The CFL is a pass oriented league. The field is longer and wider. We're looking for a guy who can fire the ball downfield when needed. Ray can do that.
I can't help but wonder too, if we get a guy like Ricky Ray would the FO really want to draft a QB with the first pick. Or would it be more likely for them to draft a WR or OL. I know it would be nice to get a QB in the first round as well as bring in a veteran, but I wonder if that would be a luxury we can't afford?

No Ray turned 24 in November not 25.

Originally posted by feelnoway
Just one more thing about Rickey Ray. The team he's been playing on won the Gray Cup last year. Also, someone mentioned a couple of QBs that made the transition from CFL to NFL and had only one good NFL season. To be fair, I thought I would also mention that Warren Moon as well as Jim Kelly started their pro careers in the CFL The CFL is a pass oriented league. The field is longer and wider. We're looking for a guy who can fire the ball downfield when needed. Ray can do that.
I can't help but wonder too, if we get a guy like Ricky Ray would the FO really want to draft a QB with the first pick. Or would it be more likely for them to draft a WR or OL. I know it would be nice to get a QB in the first round as well as bring in a veteran, but I wonder if that would be a luxury we can't afford?

Didn't Jim Kelly start his pro career in the USFL?

Norv did not actually draft Sage. Sage was drafted the year after Norv got fired in D.C. Sage was a Marty pick.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Favre only sat on the bench 1 year in Atlanta before he was traded to Green Bay and started immediately...and Brunell sat on the bench in 93 and 94 before heading to Jacksonville and starting immediately...Sage has been sitting on the bench for 3 years now but his first year well he was a 5th round rookie what do you expect him to do, and the next two years he was screwed over by Spurrier and the Dolphins. We haven't seen what he can fully do but I think he's shown enough in practice that if we can win with Jay Fiedler at the helm then we can win with Sage Rosenfels at the helm.

Let me add one more to your short list. Chad Pennington sat behind Vinny for what.... 2-3 years? And word was coming out of NY that Edwards was losing patience with him.

I for one have seen Sage play in training camps and he has a very good arm. He just has not had the reps. If they just up and let this kid go, I'm willing to bet he gets scooped right up, and might start immidiately for someone!

Would you be upset if Miami let Ricky Ray and Sage Rosenfels battle it out for the start?
I would....do you think any D is gonna keep 2 Ss back ag Sage or Ray at QB... no I w/expect 9 guys in the box ag and inexperienced QB

Hey 39.....I seem to remember the same argument against marino many years ago.

Talent dictates defensive strategy...if either of these guys light it up..then who knows?

Regardless, we have had the box filled for the last 2 years w/ Jay as the QB...why not go for broke? I know Ricky would sure appreciate it...LOL

Well, you can't have two inexperienced guys at QB on this team. We're a vet team with a rapidly closing window (if not already closed) you can't throw a guy out there who's never done it before if you want to be serious about winning IMO.

It does happen sometimes that a young guy leads them to the SB, but it's not expected by their teams. This team expects to win the SB.

Please don't say Delhomme or Brady either, neither was the starter at beginning of year. Neither was Dilfer.

It just doesn't happen to go into trainging camp with no vets on the roster at QB. We're going to draft a QB, so if we keep Sage and sign Ray, that leaves the other spot for the rook and that's it.

Hopefully someone takes Sage for the 4th and we sign Ray to backup Brunell and pick a QB in the draft somewhere for Trestman to groom.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Hopefully someone takes Sage for the 4th and we sign Ray to backup Brunell and pick a QB in the draft somewhere for Trestman to groom. [/B]

I like this idea... if not Ray then Henson but i have a feeling he will be too much money. But overall this is a pretty good idea.

Favre only sat on the bench 1 year in Atlanta before he was traded to Green Bay and started immediately...and Brunell sat on the bench in 93 and 94 before heading to Jacksonville and starting immediately...Sage has been sitting on the bench for 3 years now but his first year well he was a 5th round rookie what do you expect him to do, and the next two years he was screwed over by Spurrier and the Dolphins. We haven't seen what he can fully do but I think he's shown enough in practice that if we can win with Jay Fiedler at the helm then we can win with Sage Rosenfels at the helm.

Favre didn't start until Majikowski got hurt in the game against the Bengals. He didn't enter the season as the starter.

Back
Top Bottom