RB? Flo knows better. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB? Flo knows better.

Gaskin was consistently good last year. Only thing that held him back from being one of the best in the league was the injury and then Covid. Besides that we could use a bruiser. Let’s get Rhamondre Stevenson if he’s there next pick. Bruiser who can block to complement Gaskin.
You mean like Malcom Brown?

Wow, just wow. So running the ball is now only a small aspect of the Offense. The running game is what sets you up for 2nd and 3rd and short. Putting Tua in 3rd and long situations because your RBs are below average isn’t good. Hope the Oline is better cause their going to need to lead the way

Running the ball has more to do with offensive line than it does the difference between Gaskin and a top rated RB.

I'm not going to give him that much credit, but it's very clear a good rushing offense is a young quarterback's best friend. But hey, if they're comfortable with Gaskins, Brown, and Ahmed. Then that's on them.

And Gakins isn't a scrub. 972 yards from scrimmage in only 7 starts last year.

It’s not 50-50. A crappy oline making a pro bowler looks bad, shows exactly what I just said. The line dictates the running game at the NFL level more than the actual RB.
You really are going to make me do this. It’s 50-50 because a crappy RB can make a Oline look bad. It’s give an take. Just cause you have a good Oline doesn’t mean you’ll run the ball efficiently. It’s up to the RB to make the plays. If the RB can’t make the right cuts or break tackles what’s a good online for? 50-50, it’s a marriage

You really are going to make me do this. It’s 50-50 because a crappy RB can make a Oline look bad. It’s give an take. Just cause you have a good Oline doesn’t mean you’ll run the ball efficiently. It’s up to the RB to make the plays. If the RB can’t make the right cuts or break tackles what’s a good online for? 50-50, it’s a marriage

Okay. But you’re wrong. This is the NFL. It’s not pop Warner. Gaskins is not a bad RB. There are very few bad RBs at this level. Good RBs can’t make a bad OL look good. It’s not 50-50. The difference between RBs is not that great at this level.

Good RBs are a dime a dozen.

Okay. But you’re wrong. This is the NFL. It’s not pop Warner. Gaskins is not a bad RB. There are very few bad RBs at this level. Good RBs can’t make a bad OL look good. It’s not 50-50. The difference between RBs is not that great at this level.

Who said Gaskins was bad? The whole RB room needed an injection of talent. Gaskin is the only one I’d keep. Idk about brown yet

I just want to know why in the world another tight end is necessary. Who is going to play center? Are these running backs really good enough?
This TE pick, i want to hear his presser. He has some explaining to do.

If what you suggest above was anywhere close to truth, then explain why the top teams around the league that are competing for the top seeds and playing in SB‘s have taken RB’s in the first few rounds in recent years.

KC, LAR, PIT, BAL, GB, BUF, TEN, TB, etc.

Several have taken backs in the 1st round.

The above org’s are busy winning divisions, playoff games and appearing in Championships and SB’s.

Yet somehow they’re wrong and MIA is the one that’s doing it right by ignoring the position until the late rounds.

Sure, ok.

Meanwhile MIA’s rush attack continues to be in the bottom tier in the league.
Until finally broken last season, remind me how many games it was w/o a 100 yard rusher?

I call shenanigans on their current valuation of the position being proven and effective.
KC took a RB last year because they had no obvious weakness and just wanted another toy for Mahomes.

Baltimore runs a 1970’s offense in 2021 so they took a RB last year so they can run the ball into the ground because Lamar Jackson can’t beat better QB‘s with his arm.

Green Bay is doing everything it can to make life harder for Rodgers and he keeps succeeding because he’s Aaron Rodgers, and Brady could win a Super Bowl with me as running back.

Tennessee will never get to a Super Bowl with Tannehill as QB despite the numbers Henry puts up because Tannehill is Tannehill.

The Rams running game couldn’t save Goff from getting the ax.

Buffalo went RB high multiple times, but as of last year, they killed so many teams through the air the RB position was just a bonus. Plus Allen is their running game which is fine until he gets concussed.

Pittsburgh took a RB high this year because Roethlisberger is long in the tooth and they think it might take some pressure off him...see Marino when Jimmy drafted JJ Johnson, Rob Konrad and John Avery during the twilight of his career, that worked out, ha

Anyhoo....

Running the ball has more to do with offensive line than it does the difference between Gaskin and a top rated RB.
Since 2000 a Dolphins HB has gone over 1k yards in a season 8 times. Of those 8 times 3 of those seasons belong to Ricky Williams, we've had no other HB go over 1k yards more than once. It's no coincidence that our most talented HB of the past 20 years has the most seasons over 1k and the best rushing season in Dolphin history. Who was our OL when Ricky when for 1853 yards?

Your opinion means nothing to me. The fact your saying that running the ball doesn’t mean that much says enough.

there are very few bad RBs? Are you high? We had 2 last season

Back
Top Bottom