Reality Check JETS fans.... | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reality Check JETS fans....

This is why I grow tired of debating you. You have a serious problem with reading and comprehension. I said:

If you only look at the record, Buff is playing winning football at 5-3. I don't just look at records when I judge if a team is good or bad. Just like I told you SD was not that good when they were 4-1. That was my opinion that can only be made a fact at the end of the season.

Again, according to your standards, a team is good if they win more than they lose, and teams are bad if they lose more than they win. Im not gonna quote you though.

A Jets kick return for a TD is the only reason Manning came back out in the 2nd half to take the lead again. When a team puts its best players on the bench for the 2nd half of a game, they are laying down. That is a fact. If you think the Jets would have won that game had the Colts starters stayed in, you are delusional. The Jets could not take care of business against 6-7 Atlanta the week before, but I'm sure they were going to do it against the undefeated Colts. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter. That team was getting shut down by like 21-0 and had no chance of coming back. And it was late in the third quarter when Palmers miserable day was ended.

Here we go again. I said:

What the Jets did the last 2 years has nothing to do with this season.

I know what you said. But u ignored playoffs completely when u were trying to prove ur pointless point.

That is why there are playoffs. :crazy: The best 12 teams play against each other to find out who is the best. How do you get in the playoffs? Hint, 1-15 (maybe good according to you) teams don't make it. I guess when people tell me that the Packers were the best team in the leauge last year, I can tell them that is just their opinion. I think the 7-9 dolphins were the best since they played so hard. It is all just opinions, and no one knows who the best team was last year since people's criteria for the best team can vary. :crazy:

Yes, its always an opinion. What if there are two teams with the an undefeated record in the regular season? Who then becomes the best? Its ALWAYS an opinion. Patriots went 16-0 in 2007 I believe. Were they the best team of the year? I think so, but they didn't win the SB. Giants did, who had a mediocre regular season.

I'm glad you think everything is just an opinion. Since that is the case, please stop giving me your opinion. I could care less about your opinions since they are always wrong. :up:

Same here, and that is also an opinion.

Again, according to your standards, a team is good if they win more than they lose, and teams are bad if they lose more than they win. Im not gonna quote you though.

I don't just look at records when I judge if a team is good or bad. Just like I told you SD was not that good when they were 4-1. That was my opinion that can only be made a fact at the end of the season.

^ At the end of the season.
It's not my standard. It is the NFL's standard. The good teams with the winning records go the the playoffs, not the bad teams with the losing records.

Doesn't matter. That team was getting shut down by like 21-0 and had no chance of coming back. And it was late in the third quarter when Palmers miserable day was ended.

Here we go again. Please, it is simple reading and comprehension.

A Jets kick return for a TD is the only reason Manning came back out in the 2nd half to take the lead again. When a team puts its best players on the bench for the 2nd half of a game, they are laying down. That is a fact. If you think the Jets would have won that game had the Colts starters stayed in, you are delusional. The Jets could not take care of business against 6-7 Atlanta the week before, but I'm sure they were going to do it against the undefeated Colts.
rolleyes.gif

I said 1 team laid down for the Jets and you know I was talking about the Colts.

Yes, its always an opinion. What if there are two teams with the an undefeated record in the regular season? Who then becomes the best? Its ALWAYS an opinion. Patriots went 16-0 in 2007 I believe. Were they the best team of the year? I think so, but they didn't win the SB. Giants did, who had a mediocre regular season.

:bobdole: Again, that is why the NFL has playoffs. The Giants were the best team in 2007. Regular season wins mean nothing once the playoffs start. Ask the Pats if they would rather have a 16-0 regular season with a loss in the SB, or an 11-5 regular season record, and be Super Bowl champions.

It is not an opinion. According to the NFL standards the Super Bowl champion is the best team in the league. If that is not true, then what is the point of the playoffs? Everyone could just crown whoever they thought was the best.

^ At the end of the season.
It's not my standard. It is the NFL's standard. The good teams with the winning records go the the playoffs, not the bad teams with the losing records.

So you can't conclude if a team is good or not during the season? According to your NFL standards, SD was a good team when it lost to the Jets and due to that loss, it started becoming bad. And I've seen teams without winning record reaching the playoffs.

I said 1 team laid down for the Jets and you know I was talking about the Colts.

You said it's a fact teams laid down for the Jets to reach the playoffs. I proved you wrong.

:
bobdole: Again, that is why the NFL has playoffs. The Giants were the best team in 2007. Regular season wins mean nothing once the playoffs start. Ask the Pats if they would rather have a 16-0 regular season with a loss in the SB, or an 11-5 regular season record, and be Super Bowl champions.

So all of a sudden, what a team did in the regular has no bearing who is the better team. Patriots were the best team in 2007(?). They lost the SB to the Giants, but they were still the better team in 2007 than the Giants. Even the best team occasionally loses. SB Champion is just that, a SB Champion. What's so hard admitting you are wrong? It's ALWAY an opinion.

Here's how Giants becoming the best team in 2007 can be a fact: fact is, Giants were the best team in 2007 based on the criteria for winning the SB. That statement is a fact, but you now have a criteria put in place. For the same season, here's another fact: fact is, Patriots were the best team in 2007 based on the criteria for winning the most games in the regular season and playoffs.

See the difference?

It is not an opinion. According to the NFL standards the Super Bowl champion is the best team in the league. If that is not true, then what is the point of the playoffs? Everyone could just crown whoever they thought was the best.

Like I said, calling someone best is an opinion. Calling someone a SB champion is a fact. SB champion is something that happened. Becoming the best team is something that's very subjective. Facts can not be subjective. I will continue this debate until u admit u r wrong and stop claiming ur such opinions to be facts.

So you can't conclude if a team is good or not during the season? According to your NFL standards, SD was a good team when it lost to the Jets and due to that loss, it started becoming bad. And I've seen teams without winning record reaching the playoffs.

No, you can't conclude with certainty if a team is good or not until the season is over. Your opinion was that SD was a very good team based on their talent, and their 4-1 record. My opinion was that they were not that good based on who they played and how they looked in those games. I told you I don't just look at records when I judge if a team is good or not. I told you that I did not think that SD was that good when they were 4-1. I had no way to prove it with certainty at that time, but it is looking like I was right. If they turn things around and win the Super Bowl, I can no longer say they are not that good. Teams might get better during the season, or they might get worse. The final win loss record, and how they do in the playoffs will be the final answer. You can think SD is a good team based on talent alone, but I don't care how much talent a team has if they lose more games than they win, or get blown out in the playoffs. The only teams that make the playoffs with a losing record are teams in a crappy division. They get weeded out in the playoffs. How many teams with a losing record have made it to the Super Bowl?

You said it's a fact teams laid down for the Jets to reach the playoffs. I proved you wrong.

Wrong again!

Here are some more facts for you. In 09 a team laid down for the Jets allowing them in the playoffs.

This is really becoming a joke. In your efforts to prove me wrong, you are proving yourself wrong. :lol:

So all of a sudden, what a team did in the regular has no bearing who is the better team. Patriots were the best team in 2007(?). They lost the SB to the Giants, but they were still the better team in 2007 than the Giants. Even the best team occasionally loses. SB Champion is just that, a SB Champion. What's so hard admitting you are wrong? It's ALWAY an opinion.

Here's how Giants becoming the best team in 2007 can be a fact: fact is, Giants were the best team in 2007 based on the criteria for winning the SB. That statement is a fact, but you now have a criteria put in place. For the same season, here's another fact: fact is, Patriots were the best team in 2007 based on the criteria for winning the most games in the regular season and playoffs.

See the difference?

Exactly! Schedules are different, and the competition level is not the same for every team. You could beat a bunch of bad teams in the regular season while another team had to play a bunch of good teams. There are no awards for regular season wins. The only thing wins get you in the regular season is a chance to compete in the playoffs. The criteria for who is the best team each season is already set. It is the Super Bowl. Therefore, it is not an opinion. The Giants out played the Patriots fair and square and were the Super Bowl Champs. They were the best team in 07. What is just an opinion is you thinking the Pats were the best in 07 when they lost the SB. You are setting your own criteria for what you think is the best (which is different from the NFL's), and that makes it an opinion, not a fact.

And by the way, the Pats won 2 playoffs games against teams with a combined 25-10 record. The Giants won 4 playoff games, against teams with a combined record of 54-13. The Pats division opponents in 07 had a combined record of 12-36. The Giants division opponents had a combined record of 30-18.

Like I said, calling someone best is an opinion. Calling someone a SB champion is a fact. SB champion is something that happened. Becoming the best team is something that's very subjective. Facts can not be subjective. I will continue this debate until u admit u r wrong and stop claiming ur such opinions to be facts.

It is not subjective. The NFL standards have already been set. Calling someone the best when they didn't win the Super Bowl (NFL standard for who the best team is) is an opinion. When they win the Super Bowl, it is a fact.

Giants were much better matched up against the Patriots in 07. But that doesn't mean they were better than the Patriots team through out the season. The best team doesn't always win the Championship. NFL has a procedure to determine who the SB champ would be. Giants were a struggling team early on in the season and there were whispers Coughlin might be gone after that season. They only started playing good in the last month and got a WC I believe. A 9-7(I think) WC team can not be the best team of the year even if they win the championship. They were barely above average, but played great football for 4 Wks in the playoffs. Patriots played great football for 18 games, plus 58 minutes.

Giants were much better matched up against the Patriots in 07. But that doesn't mean they were better than the Patriots team through out the season. The best team doesn't always win the Championship. NFL has a procedure to determine who the SB champ would be. Giants were a struggling team early on in the season and there were whispers Coughlin might be gone after that season. They only started playing good in the last month and got a WC I believe. A 9-7(I think) WC team can not be the best team of the year even if they win the championship. They were barely above average, but played great football for 4 Wks in the playoffs. Patriots played great football for 18 games, plus 58 minutes.

That is just your opinion. The Super Bowl Champs are the best team. That is why they are called World Champions! Do you know what the word champion means?

You don't get awards for how much talent is on your team, or how many games you won in the regular season.

No one cares how much talent a team has or how many wins they have in the regular season. It only matters how you play in the playoffs, and the Pats got outplayed when it mattered the most, making them the 2nd best team in 07.

at the end of the season the reality wil be this ...

the Dolphins will win a few games along the way. maybe even one this week. I don't think they'll be worse than 4-12

the Bills will be no better than an 8-8 team. people are getting giddy over a few fortunate wins, but when you have a defense like that disaster they field up there (31st overall / 30th vs pass / 29th vs run) you don't win more games than you lose. you just dont ... unless Tom Brady or Peyton Manning are taking all the snaps for you. in fact, if I had to bet my life on one thing this season it would be this ... if that final game in NE means ANYTHING to the Pats, they score at least 5 TDs against that Bills defense.

the Jets will win at least 10 games and be in the playoffs again.

all the chirping in the world won't matter because in the end, talent and coaching are what counts the most.
well well well ... three weeks later and look how things are turning out.
anyone still think the Bills will win more than 8 games? ... or the Jets less than 10? even the crappy Dolphins might get #2 today.
like I always said ... it always comes down to how much talent you have on your roster. the Jets have plenty ... the Bills don't.

The irony. The fat piece of crap rex ryan before the season goes out and says how other teams need to beat the pats aside from us( the jets). well, coming into the game, the pats had lost 3 games, including 2 in a row. 1 to a division foe in the bills, 1 to a team that plays in the same stadium as the jets, and the steelers. Well rex, u guys got to play the pats twice and how many games did you guys win? ZERO!!!

memo to you rex. dont complain how other teams need to step up and beat the pats when u guys are going to go out their and get swept.

The irony. The fat piece of crap rex ryan before the season goes out and says how other teams need to beat the pats aside from us( the jets). well, coming into the game, the pats had lost 3 games, including 2 in a row. 1 to a division foe in the bills, 1 to a team that plays in the same stadium as the jets, and the steelers. Well rex, u guys got to play the pats twice and how many games did you guys win? ZERO!!!

memo to you rex. dont complain how other teams need to step up and beat the pats when u guys are going to go out their and get swept.
Looks like its their division again ... cant turn the ball over three times and give up sack after sack and expect to win. we'll still win 10 or 11 and be a wild card. no doubt in my mind ... but we'll have to face 3 more road games in the playoffs again and that's what sucks. it is what it is.

Looks like its their division again ... cant turn the ball over three times and give up sack after sack and expect to win. we'll still win 10 or 11 and be a wild card. no doubt in my mind ... but we'll have to face 3 more road games in the playoffs again and that's what sucks. it is what it is.
ya, if u look at the pats sched, and i understand its the nfl and anything can happen, i dont see many losses on their.

they got a chiefs team at home next week where tyler pelko or whatever his name is maybe starting, not that it matters bc kc blows.

they got the colts still, the broncos, the deadskins, the eagles are prob their toughest game left and that does not even look so daunting anymore.

bad loss for u guys tonight, u guys could have put a dagger in the pats division hopes. it was all their for the taking

Jets will probably make the playoffs. If they don't then something is wrong. The only winning teams they play are Giants and reeling Bills, both at home. But the AFC kinda sucks right now. I believe Packers, Bears, 49ers, Giants, Saints & possibly Lions, Falcons are all better than the "top" AFC teams.

Have to post this picture, even Jets fans will love it:

clear.gif

Attachments

• 446884315.jpg
    446884315.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2
Jets are pretenders but I'm sure they'll be beating their chests again in no time after they beat Denver led by the worst QB to ever play the sport.

the Jets aren't Pretenders. They're defense is legit and ever since Mangold returned their offense has been reliable. They lost to a good team and there's nothing wrong with that. The Patriots lost to the Steelers and Giants who are good teams but that doesn't make NE a pretender.

the Jets aren't Pretenders. They're defense is legit and ever since Mangold returned their offense has been reliable. They lost to a good team and there's nothing wrong with that. The Patriots lost to the Steelers and Giants who are good teams but that doesn't make NE a pretender.
Of course the Pats aren't pretenders. In the last ten years they have actually made it PAST the AFC Championship game.

Trololol. Jets are not a very good football team. Their defense is always falling short when they're needed. Their OL and run game has been a huge disappointment. Mark Sanchez is still a bottomfeeder QB. When you can't score points against the Patriots abortion of a defense, you have serious problems. Even Chad Henne put up like 475 total yards against this defense. Jason Campbell put up like 400 yards too. If the Jets find a way to lose to Denver, stick a fork in them. Luckily, they have a laughable schedule the rest of the way so they should be able crawl their way into the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom