Reasonable outside look from media | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasonable outside look from media

I saw both plenty of positives and negatives from Tua. Just like I saw it from MANY other players on our team.

Which is exactly why I would like to see if he improves and builds on his incomplete rookie season while throwing to someone other than undrafted free agents/7th round picks.

And when he doesn't have a 7th rounder as his best RB. Also maybe when we don't have 3 rookie o-linemen starting.

All I'm saying why don't we actually wait to evaluate him versus claiming he's a bust after 10 games

Yeah, and of course positional competition (depth and development) is "unreasonable!"

Hogwash! Folks don't want us to be loaded at that position. Plain and simple.

Burn the #3 pick on a super skinny WR! Now that's "reasonable!"

:oops:
Being optimistic with the kid doesnt mean we arent worried. he needs time to develop, that is all we are saying. if im wrong i will be the
first to eat crow. I think when you watched him with actual nfl wr's he was playing really well. When he had nothing but practice squad guys he struggled.

Two things needed and we will be cooking with fire:

- rebuild the WR room with legitmate NFL bodies, incluing a bonafide 1 (we will know this has happened when Dolphin WR's are actually drafted in a fantasy draft)
- get an o-coord to run a system parallel with Saints and Brees (is there not an offensive position coach on Saints staff we can poach?)

This antiquated Chan Gailey crap needs to go, and quickly.

Yeah, and of course positional competition (depth and development) is "unreasonable!"

Hogwash! Folks don't want us to be loaded at that position. Plain and simple.

Burn the #3 pick on a super skinny WR! Now that's "reasonable!"

:oops:
And your competition is what, Justin Fields? Even starting from there you'd have to be making the argument that Fields is even good, let alone worthy of being picked #3. There are far more unreasonable things about that conversation than there is to actually fix the ****ing playmakers on offense which are bottom of the league in every category that has nothing to do with who's throwing them the ball.

Last edited:
I am going to have to step away from this site. It is going to be a long offseason of Tua haters. Here is a good idea, since Tua sucks so much why dont we just trade him to the Patriots?

Off-season physical improvement will tell the tale. If Tua does not show improvement in athleticism/arm talent, the Dolphins will look to draft a Qb in the 1st or 2nd round.

Have to look at the big picture.

I think the most optimistic fans would admit that Miami's skill positions players are among the worst in the NFL.

There is no one on offense who is keeping defensive coordinators up at night. Geiski can be a matchup problem and Parker had some nice moments.

But the point is the Dolphins need more talent on offense.

I am going to have to step away from this site. It is going to be a long offseason of Tua haters. Here is a good idea, since Tua sucks so much why dont we just trade him to the Patriots?
Then they'll sign up with new user names and blast Grier for trading our franchise QB.

I'd spend at least 5 of our draft picks on the offensive side. It's clearly the side of the ball giving us the most trouble, but this does not mean that I'm spending 1a, 1b, 2a, AND 2b all on the offense. If there is a star available on the Defensive side, you have to consider this.

So many have claimed to be BPA drafters for years and suddenly they are wetting themselves and crying that we have to draft for need. The hypocrisy is astounding...

And your competition is what, Justin Fields? Even starting from there you'd have to be making the argument that Fields is even good, let alone worthy of being picked #3. There are far more unreasonable things about that conversation than there is to actually fix the ****ing playmakers on offense which are bottom of the league in every category that has nothing to do with who's throwing them the ball.
Golly that's a spin I've never heard before! Poor li'l Tua didn't have anyone to play with!

Of course blame everything and everyone else for poor production, wounded ducks and

none of that nonsense changes the FACT (1) competition makes players better and (2) we

have OODLES of draft capital to get you a shiny new WR and RB and what else does li'l Tua

need to be comfy! I get the feeling some folks are actually scared of competition at the QB

position! Don't know why? If Tua is indeed the answer and he's up to the challenge then

I would think folks would have a "bring it on!" kind of bravado. And of course we have ZERO

additional development talent at the MOST CRITICAL position in football. So let's just pretend

we're stocked @QB and busting at the seams but of course malnourished everywhere else!

We have a unique opportunity this year ----- literally a GIFT pick! Don't be stingy with it!

Invest in the POSITION that's by far the most critical and most in demand!

I'd spend at least 5 of our draft picks on the offensive side. It's clearly the side of the ball giving us the most trouble, but this does not mean that I'm spending 1a, 1b, 2a, AND 2b all on the offense. If there is a star available on the Defensive side, you have to consider this.

So many have claimed to be BPA drafters for years and suddenly they are wetting themselves and crying that we have to draft for need. The hypocrisy is astounding...
100% agree on this, value is important but based on this draft we should be able to get 3 solid players to push the needle on offense.

Back
Top Bottom