Reasonable outside look from media | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasonable outside look from media

Didnt say must, sure, then what the hell exactly have you been clamoring about?

It's not the best value. Not even close
You're wrong on both counts.

That's my take.

No problem. We don't have to agree.

But we both know you're wrong!

:lol:

>>> chill. It's ALL opinion. Anyway. Right?

You're wrong on both counts.
That's my take.
No problem. We don't have to agree.
But we both know you're wrong!
:lol:
>>> chill. It's ALL opinion. Anyway. Right?

It is all opinion. ...... but what is yours? Seems to be QB in round one is a must, at least from reading this thread that appears to be what ya want

Tua had an average OL, and receivers who couldnt catch. Plus, no offseason.

Then again, Fitz came in and balled out with that same OL and receivers.

If Lawrence is there at #3, do you take him? I would, not because of Tua's play, but because of his hip. Will he last 5 years in the nfl? I doubt it.

Off-season physical improvement will tell the tale. If Tua does not show improvement in athleticism/arm talent, the Dolphins will look to draft a Qb in the 1st or 2nd round.
This is the one thing that worries me (we all know he needs better weapons). He clearly was not the same player he was in college so if he doesn’t demonstrate better arm strength and accuracy then hello new QB in 2022.

I saw both plenty of positives and negatives from Tua. Just like I saw it from MANY other players on our team.

Which is exactly why I would like to see if he improves and builds on his incomplete rookie season while throwing to someone other than undrafted free agents/7th round picks.

And when he doesn't have a 7th rounder as his best RB. Also maybe when we don't have 3 rookie o-linemen starting.

All I'm saying why don't we actually wait to evaluate him versus claiming he's a bust after 10 games

I agree that It Is very early to evaluate him, however he must improve drastically because his play was pretty bad, and Fitz did put a very different performance with the same players. The problem I saw with him Is arm strenght, but I don't know if the injury affected It and the other Is very bad short throws, I hope those are the result of him being pressured and not the result of him not seeing above his OL.

I agree that It Is very early to evaluate him, however he must improve drastically because his play was pretty bad, and Fitz did put a very different performance with the same players. The problem I saw with him Is arm strenght, but I don't know if the injury affected It and the other Is very bad short throws, I hope those are the result of him being pressured and not the result of him not seeing above his OL.

Yeah I'm hoping that having a full pre-season workout, training camp etc. he will physically be stronger next season.

As someone pointed out, rehabbing from a major surgery and working out to get ready for the season is not the same thing.

We have to remember that at some point people were saying he should sit out this entire season to rehab and also learn... so he's already ahead of the curve in that aspect

Tua had an average OL, and receivers who couldnt catch. Plus, no offseason.

Then again, Fitz came in and balled out with that same OL and receivers.

If Lawrence is there at #3, do you take him? I would, not because of Tua's play, but because of his hip. Will he last 5 years in the nfl? I doubt it.
Balled out? 3-3

And a desperation Throw looking out the ear hole

It is quite clear that I like Tua. I’d say there are two primary issues I’d like to see him improve upon. One is legitimate and the other is more about the people around him.

The big one is getting rid of the football in some situations. There are times where it’s more ok to hold it. Maybe you have max protect and there is not a blitz. Other times, there might be a jailbreak type of blitz and his hot reads are covered. It’s got to be 1, 2, 3, gone. It’s from great competitiveness so he’s so stubborn to make a play, if he doesn’t see what he wants, he keeps fighting. But the smarter play is to get rid of it. I’ve seen both Saban and Tua point this out.

The second one is YPA. This isn’t about Tua but about the guys around him. The defenses down the stretch came in and compressed the field. They weren’t afraid of any of Miami’s receivers going over the top. It made the field extremely tight. If Miami can get the weapons to correct this, you will see receivers on quick hitches make plays and Tua throw down the field. Both will expand his YPA data. The notion that he can’t is absurdly false. Like pure ignorance. Unfortunately, too many media members and fans simply don’t understand what they are looking at. In a sense you can’t blame them because there are a lot of moving parts and it’s complicated. But learn your limitations and don’t spout off BS “opinions” that are asinine. Your time would be better spent learning the game.

Last edited:
Wilson had one really good season in an off year. Context is important.

Tannehill & Trubisky were IMO over-drafted and ZW in the top 3 would be too.
Kid is unlike both you refer to IMO. Has some pretty incredible arm talent and a good athlete.

He looks like an excellent developmental talent to me. But of course NONE come with money back guarantees!

Or maybe they don't care one way or the other and they are calling it like they see it?
Year 2 will answer all of our questions and concerns better...I think that Bill's,denver and oakland game got us worried about Tua.. dolphins must let Fitzpatrick go if they want Tua to develop..

Last edited:
Size can be changed easily within an NFL regime. If you have other points, use those. I'm saying that and Im not even high on Smith. Skinny isnt really a valid reason not to select a receiver. Pick 3 on a receiver, fo sho do not do that.
Some guys are skinny but no problem filling out. Smith is not like that. His lower legs are twigs. That is not going to change.

The last top rated receiver I remember who was built that way was Anthony Carter. The Dolphins had his rights but traded them to Minnesota since there was no room with Duper and Clayton. Carter went on to have several Pro Bowl seasons with the Vikings.

The build is hardly a disqualifier. But if I had to choose I'd take Chase from LSU instead. He was a young phenom and had the ideal wide receiver build from a historical standpoint...maybe 6-1 and 200 pounds.

I always like to keep the very early mock drafts as a dose of clarity. Here is one from just after the 2020 draft. It was kind of silly with Lawrence going third but you can see the pecking order with wide receivers...Chase, then Waddle, then Smith. The Clemson receiver Ross was just behind Smith but he had to miss 2020 due to a neck injury and surgery:

Kid is unlike both you refer to IMO. Has some pretty incredible arm talent and a good athlete.

He looks like an excellent developmental talent to me. But of course NONE come with money back guarantees!

Have you paid attention to where I'm from?

I've seen ZW's body of work. Its better than Jordan Love's who was over drafted this past year

The best QB in the state of Utah in 2019 was Tyler Huntley & he is on Baltimore's PS

Have you paid attention to where I'm from?

I've seen ZW's body of work. Its better than Jordan Love's who was over drafted this past year

The best QB in the state of Utah in 2019 was Tyler Huntley & he is on Baltimore's PS
So you're bullish or bearish on the kid?

Facts and data= i believe that the dolphins knew he needed more time = i believe that next year his arm strength will be better.

you agree with those opinions (yes opinions not facts) and therefore they are the reasonable ones.
You are correct, it is opinion, and not fact.

The difference is, some opinions are based in rationalality, and some are not.

Given the injury,it is logical to project that his arm, and core will be stronger next year.

99% of rookies need more than 9 games to fulfill their potential, so that is rational, as well.

Which one of those two statement do you disagree with, and why?
I believe a clear majority of fans see the good AND bad it TT's play. It isn't a question of how did he play, but is improvement expected with an OS and more weapons?
It also isn't a question of elite or bust. There's a lot of room in between.

Back
Top Bottom