Reasonable outside look from media | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasonable outside look from media

Dont care what term, any person can get bigger in the NFL pretty easily in the weight room. He is skinny now for sure, but he has massive speed. Conditioning will be a thing for him, but thats his only missing piece IMO and that can be fixed fairly easily is all im saying.
So your his agent. Good for you.

I think I get the argument AGAINST the choice. Pretty obvious.
My point is counter ----- the pick is a GIFT and there's absolutely nothing wrong with investing additional resources into the MOST CRITICAL position in football.
Actually, there is plenty wrong with the scenario you are presenting.

..... it would be such a waste of a high pick. You want some competition? Fine draft someone like Ridder later on, but not the #3 pick. I'm on board with Parsons, or Sewell if not, or trading down to keep building value.

Why draft a QB just for the hell of it? You want the #3/4 qb in this draft? Because Fields is likely a Jet. If you some of you guys are so obsessed with adding a shiny new 1st round QB to challenge (or immediately overtake) Tua, why not wait a year or two, see how Tua progresses and develops, AND THEN, you can consider drafting a new qb.

Youre not going to know in this new guys rookie year if he is the answer or not either. FFS, nothing is set in stone yet on anyone. Herbert, Tua, or Burrow.
I just disagree with your core assertion that it would be a waste. That's absolutely illogical!

Highest VALUE position is QB!

You don't think it would piss the league off we have a stock of 2 high-grade developmental QBs?

You don't think that commodity is in demand? And that's NOT even factoring in the VALUE of serious legit competition.

Not some developmental scrub we all hope might be a backup in 3-5 years!

Treat the position like the priory it is. I have no issue with that.

Problem is who do we take with that super premium #3?

A WR? And OT?

Not enough for me. I want us to be ruthless and greedy!

Only player who deserves that value is a QB.

Or trade the pick for a bounty and get a QB there.

I think folks are seriously discounting the immense lucky gift we have @3.
Yeah I agree WR might be too early. I wouldn’t hate OT but I understand your thought process. What would you prefer if you have the choice of Fields, Wilson or a trade down to 8 to score an extra first and second?

That's your take. I think the kid looks too fragile (lacking in body mass) to withstand NFL level punishment.

Would you rather I term him "thin?"

What PC term would be OK?
It's been stated over and over how that is such a non issue. Was Marvin Harrison (the dude's best comp) too skinny and fragile? Desean Jackson?

I just disagree with your core assertion that it would be a waste. That's absolutely illogical!
Highest VALUE position is QB!
You don't think it would piss the league off we have a stock of 2 high-grade developmental QBs?
You don't think that commodity is in demand? And that's NOT even factoring in the VALUE of serious legit competition.
Not some developmental scrub we all hope might be a backup in 3-5 years!
Treat the position like the priory it is. I have no issue with that.
I think youre the one being illogical personally, to argue so vehemently that we must draft a qb with the 3rd pick. What guarantee do you have any of these dudes are better than what we have? Did they show that in college?

mayor make best decision franchise. sign lot udfa. calm down try relax

1d1ca449dff50829d5d14455f482abdd.jpg

Yeah I agree WR might be too early. I wouldn’t hate OT but I understand your thought process. What would you prefer if you have the choice of Fields, Wilson or a trade down to 8 to score an extra first and second?
I get the feeling Wilson goes to the Jets --- and that's the kid I'd certainly like to see in our developmental MIX!

Fields would also hit spec for me --- he certainly is the type of athlete you need in today's game.

Again --- he would be an excellent developmental talent to have on the roster.

The big OT is great but he's NOT going to change our destiny.

And the draft is deep @WR and RB which we will target but again #3 is way too rich!

I think youre the one being illogical personally, to argue so vehemently that we must draft a qb with the 3rd pick. What guarantee do you have any of these dudes are better than what we have? Did they show that in college?
I didn't say must ----- but if we use the pick and not trade it that's what I'm in the market for.

Best value. Swing for the effing fence! Think big! >>> it's a freaking bonus pick!

Like a lottery ticket. So I want to be aggressive with it and not play it safe.

I didn't say must ----- but if we use the pick and not trade it that's what I'm in the market for.

Best value. Swing for the effing fence! Think big! >>> it's a freaking bonus pick!

Like a lottery ticket. So I want to be aggressive with it and not play it safe.
Didnt say must, sure, then what the hell exactly have you been clamoring about?

It's not the best value. Not even close

Back
Top Bottom