Reasons why Gus should start! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons why Gus should start!

flintsilver7 said:
I'll return to the point I made when Gus first was signed months ago: He's like Jay Fiedler, except not quite as good. If you recall, Fiedler was hammered just as badly in last year's offense as Feeley, and Feeley ended up winning the job and improving. Those are FACTS, not opinions.

i dont know know where you were, but Feeley didnt win no job. Fiedler beat him out. how said is that? and when Fiedler was in there, he played better than feeley. pretty sad. but its true, look at the numbers.

Reasons why we should hire DW back!!

1) He did nothing wrong and was railroaded.
2) His ability to spot talent is rivaled by no one.
3) His ability to get a team up for the second half of games is pure genius.
4) His ability to play the best player at every position is clearly the best I've ever seen.
5) He knows D is all you need to win in this league.
6) He has the ability to multi task....or coach both sides of the ball.
7) Jay Fiedler....nuff said!!
8) everyone here loves him
9) The word standpoint.
10) The ability to sluff off the importance of winning
11) Jay Fiedler
12) The painful look he always has on his face.
13) The ability to run his fingers through his hair as if someone missed an assingment...go figure!!
14) The ability to ignore the value of practice.
15) Being one track minded....er uhh, Ricky Williams.

You can stop me at any time!!! After this very short list of impressive atributes does anyone here see a direct link between the above list and AJ's performance last year...or is it just me?? BTW, great thread you should start many many more :shakeno:

Nasty said:
Reason to start Feeley...

-WE ARE REBUILDING!!!!
-Were not trying to contend for the Superbowl this year
-We need to find out if Feeley is capeable or not
-Even if Gus starts and does well, we still have to draft a QB next year because Gus is not the future
-If Feeley pans out, we dont have to draft one next year which would be huge
-There is no point starting Gus just to try to win a couple more games this year when we arnt tryin to win it all
-If we start anyone other than Gus... it should be Sage because atleast he has a future
-Everyone is gunna need to learn a little patience
-Winning a couple extra games this year is not worth it
-We need to stop thinking about the present and start thinking about the future!!!

Nasty
I don't think Saban would agree with your viewpoint.

Feeley played behind a porous OL last season. He played banged up and still played. He showed serious promise. We all know about the INTS but if he can get a pre season under his belt he may prove those doubters wrong. Whatever happens i say we get a QB thru the draft next season. Im not giving up on Feeley but if Gus starts then he gets my vote. Feeley must be given a fair shot. Fiedler didnt play better than Feeley last season IMO.

arsenal said:
please id rather have the AJ feeley of last year than gus...
You'd rather have a QB that last year had 61.7 rating(lowest in the NFL!)...only 11 TDs & 15 INTs...most of which went back for f***ing TDs! :shakeno:

flintsilver7 said:
Well, let me give you some reasons why Gus should NOT start.

As far as Gus knowing the system:
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIN
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/MIN/2003/regular
....looks like Daunte's system to me.

(As an aside: http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2003/regular?sort_col_1=8. Gus played against Detroit, San Francisco, and Atlanta.)

As far as...well, all your other posts, I direct you here:
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070
and for comparison, http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12363
....Is Gus capable of controlling the game? Is Gus an above-average QB? Is Gus capable of mentoring a young QB?

I'll return to the point I made when Gus first was signed months ago: He's like Jay Fiedler, except not quite as good. If you recall, Fiedler was hammered just as badly in last year's offense as Feeley, and Feeley ended up winning the job and improving. Those are FACTS, not opinions.

.............dante's system? do you even have a clue what the job of the 2nd string QB is?

Oh yay the daily gus-aj debate thread. Havent seen this 2875487378563856x already.

Well im pretty sure everyone already knows how i feel; if you dont just read my sig. If you dont like it, too bad. Its not my fault Aj still sucks.

As far as I am concerned .. there is only one reason why any QB should be our starting QB this year. Its cause Saban And Linny say so.

Personally Im pulling for Feeley because I think he has more potential.

Boone said:
You'd rather have a QB that last year had 61.7 rating(lowest in the NFL!)...only 11 TDs & 15 INTs...most of which went back for f***ing TDs! :shakeno:

You have to look at the way the whole team played and the whole team played horrible last year. Feeley showed improvement as the year went on. It would not be fair to judge him on last years performance. I say start the Kid and let him play the whole year. Then we can judge him and we will know if we need to draft a QB. We need to develope a young QB so when Saban has this team ready to make a Superbowl run which probally won't be for a couple of years we have a guy who can win. Gus Ferrotte is not the guy who is going to take us to the Superbowl, especially not a couple of years from now.

phinfan2003 said:
If memory serves me well, what we traded was no higher than a 6th rounder.

4th rounder to the Washington Redskins....Thanks Spielman!

Our QB situation will be close to pathetic unless Feeley can show one thing: CONSISTENCY. He has all the physical tools to succeed as a starter in the NFL...

Whoever wins the starting job should start. I could careless if Gus knows the system right now, if AJ outplays him in the preseason/training camp than I want him to start, and the same if Gus outplays AJ. What I don't want to see, is what happened last year in that neither QB was very good, and everytime one of them made a mistake they constantly had to look over their shoulder.

AtlantaPhin said:
I don't think Saban would agree with your viewpoint.

Does he agree with all of my points? Maybe... Maybe not... There is no way of knowing... But he definatly agrees with my last point in that he is thinking about future, not just the present which is the most important thing and the one thing Wanny was never capeable of...

Nasty

Back
Top Bottom