Reasons why Gus should start! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons why Gus should start!

AJ should be the starter no questions asked, we need to see if he can play. He has what 13 starts in his career and has 7 wins & 6 loses, so atleast he's a winning QB. Now 4 wins came with very good Philly team, but at the same time 5 loses came with a very bad miami team 2 worst team in the league to be exact. You find me another QB with 13 starts and a winning record not named Ben Rothesburger, there are a few but very few QB who win more games than they lose over the first 13 starts of there Career, sure he wasn't very good, but very very few are there first 13 starts that's not even a full season, holding a clip board is not the same as playing, this kid should of probably went to NFLE last year just to get some playing experience, but that didn't happen. It takes time to get adjusted to game speed, practice just isn't the same intensity.

ccphinfan said:
The Guy That Gives Us The Best Chance To Win Should Start

Aackkk! Wanny, what are you doing on Finheaven?

...Sorry, couldn't resist. Sounded like what Wanny used to say. :lol:

I think this whole debate is kind of silly. (No offense)

Now that we have a coach that actually seems like (don't really know until they start playing the games) he knows what he is doing, I have faith in him to make the correct choice. He should start who ever gives us the best chance to win games.

Oboy said:
I think this whole debate is kind of silly. (No offense)

Now that we have a coach that actually seems like (don't really know until they start playing the games) he knows what he is doing, I have faith in him to make the correct choice. He should start who ever gives us the best chance to win games.

But there is so much more to it than that IMO. Who cares about winning a couple of games in a season that you cant contend for the Superbowl? Is it great to win? Hell ya! Would I like us to win every game? Hell ya! But the point is, is that we arnt going to the Superbowl and we have to treat this season as a developmental season. We need to accept that we are rebuilding. We are gunna have alot of guys developing like our O-Line and all of our rookies and younger players (and if you think about it... our coaching staff. Saban will be developing as a NFL head coach too). Wins this season are not near as important as the development. And that progression might not directly translate into wins but it isnt what we should be focused on this season. Next season wins will mean alot more, but this season shouldnt be based on wins and losses IMO...

Nasty

Nappy Roots said:
i dont know know where you were, but Feeley didnt win no job. Fiedler beat him out. how said is that? and when Fiedler was in there, he played better than feeley. pretty sad. but its true, look at the numbers.

Lets compare each qb's performance against the champions.
Fiedler was in the red zone 3 times in the 4th quarter with the opportunity to put the dolphins in a chance to win. each time he FAILED miserably. Feely controled the ball without any turnovers and the most beautiful pass i have ever seen to derrius thompson to WIN the game on 4TH DOWN!!! In conclusion Feely defeated the super bowl champs while fiedler blew it. I personally judge a qb when he plays when the pressure is on and FEELY not fiedler is my choice. I wont even mention his lateral to damion mcintosh.

Phinz420 said:
.............dante's system? do you even have a clue what the job of the 2nd string QB is?

It depends on the team. For example, Carson Palmer's job his first year in Cincinnati was to learn the system. It looks now like that worked out fairly well for him. In Minnesota, Gus' job was simply to provide some type of safety blanket should the starter go down. Culpepper, as a younger and unquestionably superior quarterback, is the present and the future of Minnesota. Frerotte, who by all means is a career average quarterback, was not there for any other reason other than to play on the off chance Culpepper went down. His job is to learn the system, yes, but it's not tailored to him.

Any backup quarterback needs to learn the plays, but the system as a whole is (or was) tailored to the strengths of Daunte Culpepper. He's about as different from Frerotte as you can get. That said, if he outplays Feeley then he outplays Feeley. I don't think it will happen because Frerotte when not playing with Randy Moss wasn't very good.

Boone said:
You'd rather have a QB that last year had 61.7 rating(lowest in the NFL!)...only 11 TDs & 15 INTs...most of which went back for f***ing TDs! :shakeno:

Let me rephrase that.

I would rather have the QB who started the last 4 games for us last year.

arsenal said:
please id rather have the AJ feeley of last year than gus... you guys act like gus is a star, hes really not...

I agree he's not a starter, but either is AJ Feeley. :lol:

Why don't the Feeley bashers understand that last season cannot be used to evaluate him. The Offensive system was ashambles under that coaching staff. By Rob Konrad's own admission, they had no idea what they were doing. As per Rob:

They didn't call audibles at the line.
The routes could not be broken off
The two miniute drill was not practiced by the end of the season...

How can you possibly evaluate ANY of the players on offense based on last season. Let's give this staff the benefit of the doubt (for now during thier honeymoon time) and let them make the decision on who's best for THIS year's team and for the future of the franchise. Stop bashing Feeley for a season that was totally OUT OF HIS CONTROL!

dolfan4good said:
Why don't the Feeley bashers understand that last season cannot be used to evaluate him. The Offensive system was ashambles under that coaching staff. By Rob Konrad's own admission, they had no idea what they were doing. As per Rob:

They didn't call audibles at the line.
The routes could not be broken off
The two miniute drill was not practiced by the end of the season...

How can you possibly evaluate ANY of the players on offense based on last season. Let's give this staff the benefit of the doubt (for now during thier honeymoon time) and let them make the decision on who's best for THIS year's team and for the future of the franchise. Stop bashing Feeley for a season that was totally OUT OF HIS CONTROL!

You know, A.J. Feeley didn't suddenly materialize last season. Out of a genie's bottle of mediocre (or worse) QBs.

I watched him in college at Oregon and he threw mindless line drives. At Philly I evaluated him because we obviously needed a QB and he threw mindless line drives. On the day we traded for him I posted on many sites we made a mistake because Feeley has very little touch and throws mindless line drives. Last year his remarkable incompetence including 5.32 yards per pass attempt and all the INTs was due to mindless line drives. This season, unless it's Frerotte who actually has some arch, be prepared for guess what?

Boik14 said:
How about 7th rounder to the skins:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/lockerroom/teamroster/playerBio.asp?docid=9775

2002 – Was acquired by the Dolphins from Washington on August 22, 2002 in exchange for a 2003 seventh-round draft choice ...

My Bad, i was confused....He was originally a 4th round pick by the Redskins. That's why i had 4th round in my head. Regardless we still traded for him and he's a 3rd stringer. What team trades TWICE for a 3rd stringer....only the FINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom