Reasons why Gus should start! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reasons why Gus should start!

LarryFinFan said:
Are you forgetting about AJ ?? Are you forgetting that we gave up a 2nd round choice for him ?? Shouldn't we give him the opportunity to show what he can do ??

If Wanny and Spielman were still in charge, I'd say yes. However, Saban's got control of the new regime and like it or not Feeley isn't Saban's guy. Unless the QB is a gamebreaker, most new regimes and head coaches don't feel as much loyalty. Saban wasn't the man who ridiculously gave away a 2nd rounder for Feeley. As far as it goes, that cost is sunk to him.

Like I said though, you see it all the time in football when new head coaches step in, they want THEIR guy. Jon Gruden finally ran Brad Johnson out of town, Denny Green has really no desire to develop Josh McCown, Romeo Crennel brought in Trent Dilfer to hold the ship down, Mike Mularkey has gone to JP........ the list goes on and on. Honestly, AJ's got a massive up hill battle.

dolfreak said:
Start ROSENFELS!!!!!!

-We Traded a 4th Rounder for him
-He's played 1 game
-He's the Youngest
-He's Blonde
-This Thread Stinks!
Rosenfels was signed off waivers from Washington. He was DRAFTED in the 4th.

DonShula84 said:
It was for a 7th rounder though wasnt it?

It was undiscosed at the time of the trade.........I'm not aware of what it turned into.......couldn't have been more than a 6th........

dolfan4good said:
Why don't the Feeley bashers understand that last season cannot be used to evaluate him. The Offensive system was ashambles under that coaching staff. By Rob Konrad's own admission, they had no idea what they were doing. As per Rob:

They didn't call audibles at the line.
The routes could not be broken off
The two miniute drill was not practiced by the end of the season...

How can you possibly evaluate ANY of the players on offense based on last season. Let's give this staff the benefit of the doubt (for now during thier honeymoon time) and let them make the decision on who's best for THIS year's team and for the future of the franchise. Stop bashing Feeley for a season that was totally OUT OF HIS CONTROL!

This is complete garbage IMO. If we're not gonna use last season what are we gonna use to evaluate him? We can't use his time in Philly because that was a different system, with a MUCH more talented team, where he did not have to do much for them to win. The coaching was bad, but Aj was still awful anyway ya wanna spin it. Aj needs to win the job, he can't be handed the job because he hasn't proved anything in the NFL, he beat the Pats which is great, but are we gonna say if he has 1/8 good games he's a good QB? Besides beating the Pats, are we gonna really give him credit for beating the Browns and 9ers? Beating the Browns 10-7 really boosted my confidence in him, especially after I seen another 1st year starting QB torch them for 58 pts. I'm not a Feeley basher/hugger, I want the best player to start at each position, not just QB.

i agree that gus shoudl not start, he has never proven himself to be a good starter. i am tired of the dolphins finding a player that might get the job done. no one that they have can do anything under pressure and with the offense struggling, i dont believe that any of them can get it done

DonShula84 said:
I have no idea what Feeley can do with a good system around him and offensive line that gives him some help. No one knows what Feeley can do, and just because Gus has more experience, it doesnt mean he is better.

Yes you do, he can go 5-1...he had all that in philly and that's why everyone on this board was excited about getting him last year. Unfortunately we didn't have the horses last year to help him.

dave said:
i agree that gus shoudl not start, he has never proven himself to be a good starter. i am tired of the dolphins finding a player that might get the job done. no one that they have can do anything under pressure and with the offense struggling, i dont believe that any of them can get it done

Well they are going to have to start somebody, whether they're able to get the job done or not. Nobody on the roster has proven to be a good starter, and teams just don't let quality QB's go.

MDFINFAN said:
Yes you do, he can go 5-1...he had all that in philly and that's why everyone on this board was excited about getting him last year. Unfortunately we didn't have the horses last year to help him.

Hello!!!! McFly!!!! We don't run the system he was semi-successful in. He was nothing more than a caretaker anyways. I'm tired of seeing that.

enigmatics said:
Hello!!!! McFly!!!! We don't run the system he was semi-successful in. He was nothing more than a caretaker anyways. I'm tired of seeing that.

I agree with that. Feeley played decently with Philly, well Ray Lucas played well with Jets before he came to Miami also. I'm not gonna say Feeley will be as bad as Lucas, atleast I don't know if anyone can be, but he's gonna have to be ALOT better than he was even in Philly for the Phins to contend. This isn't just a knock on Feeley, Gus is going to have to play extremely well if he wins the job as is Sage if the Phins are gonna even come close to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom