Redskins Taylor anybody? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskins Taylor anybody?

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Let's see...

* One year into a seven-year rookie contract and already demanding that the Redskins renegotiate

* Multiple run-ins with the law, including a potentially lengthy prison sentence

* Joe Gibbs saying publicly that Taylor isn't the type of person he wants on his team

Sounds like a real gem to me!

:roflmao:

:roflmao:

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Let's see...

* One year into a seven-year rookie contract and already demanding that the Redskins renegotiate

* Multiple run-ins with the law, including a potentially lengthy prison sentence

* Joe Gibbs saying publicly that Taylor isn't the type of person he wants on his team

Sounds like a real gem to me!

1. Demanding more money because he and his agent both know that Redskins have $$ and is the best player on their Defense

2. Name 30 great NFL talents since the 1990 era that haven't had run-ins with the law

3. Not his type of player? Gibbs wasn't saying that when Taylor was pumping up the fans with his amazing talent and smashing whoever caught the ball near him....Ricky Wiliiams is not my type of player, but is a great runner, so I want him to be a great runner on this team, not another.

Phinz1972 said:
1. Demanding more money because he and his agent both know that Redskins have $$ and is the best player on their Defense

2. Name 30 great NFL talents since the 1990 era that haven't had run-ins with the law

3. Not his type of player? Gibbs wasn't saying that when Taylor was pumping up the fans with his amazing talent and smashing whoever caught the ball near him....Ricky Wiliiams is not my type of player, but is a great runner, so I want him to be a great runner on this team, not another.

1. see lavar arrington

2. that is a weak excuse

3. he has had one year to evaluate him and he obviously is looking outside the box and not just focusing on on-the-field behavior

MelbournePhin said:
1. see lavar arrington

2. that is a weak excuse

3. he has had one year to evaluate him and he obviously is looking outside the box and not just focusing on on-the-field behavior

1. See the age of Arrington and then look at Taylor and tell me who on paper has more years left them.

2. Weak excuse? Why can't you answer it then....hmm because there aren't.

3. Gibbs thinking out of the box? LMAO!! Gibbs only thinks out the box when he realizes he made a mistake coming out of retirement when he had no idea how football coaching works now'a'days....Gibbs is thinking out of the box to the times where he was a GOD football coach.

Phinz1972 said:

Even assuming BOTH teams wanted it to happen, it WON'T......

because of the salary cap hit for Washington & Miami (Both).

It'll work on Madden though......... :roflmao:

TarHeelFinFan said:
We don't need or want him. No more convicts/questionable characters. We have a reputation for being a classy program, let's keep it that way.

Classy?

What a f'n joke!

There is nothing classy about the game of football!

Sean Taylor has the talent/upside to be the best S this game has ever seen!

If Saban could get him (very doubtful) believe you me he would pull the trigger!

I don't want him. Redskins will be asking a lot, Taylor wants a lot of money, criminal charges, and Taylor's, i'm better than everyone else attitude will not land him on the Dolphins.

How come whenever a team has a problem with a player someone perceives that somehow means that opens an opportunity for the phins?

I think that there may be something seriously wrong with Taylor and this scares me alot. It's not just him getting busted but how he went about everything since he came here to DC.

First, he refuses to talk to the media from the first day he came to the Redskins, then he goes through the agent hiring and firing fiasco, then he gets really upset with his contract and doesn't report to the Skins for the work outs this spring. There are also quotations from friends (such as Clinton Portis) who say that his heart is not into football atm (this really scares me because I still have Ricky memories), he won't return his coache's phone calls, and finally, he seemed to have snapped and made a very stupid mistake which got him arrested...and I forgot to mention that, I think that I remember that he was alittle hard to coach last year because he would get ticked off when coaches tried to correct rookie mistakes that he made and would become really depressed when he made mistakes on the field.

He's been a pressure cooker since he got into the league and he may get to the point where he really blows up - and soon. The guy needs a psychological assessment and possible treatment - really. He's behavior is more dangerous than Ricky Williams' because if he blows up and says F everything, he may do something far more destructive than Ricky did. Ricky never did anything violent. This is my fear and my opinion of course. I don't know him so I'm probably missing alot of data but his behavior suggests that he needs help.

Void said:
they always report the sentence they can get, and they plea to some mist. charge like unregistered handgun or something and give them 2 years probation, 50hrs community service, and 500.00 fine.

True to an extent. His plea to a misdemeanor will depend on how much evidence the prosecutors have and if they are willing to give him a plea offer. I don't have any details about this incident so I can't comment but if there are enough witnesses around (and/or other evidence), and he did point a gun (it may not matter whether it was real or fake) at someone, then Mr. Taylor is gonna be in a bind. He may get probation anyway, but it's way to early to start making predictions. We'll have more info in the near future.

I thought I read that he fired the gun into the house after chasing the guys that stole whatever they stole? If thats the case 3 years is a joke compared to what he is looking at. In the state of Florida we have the 10-20-Life law. If you commit a crime in which a gun is fired you get a MANDATORY 20 year sentence. If you continue under the ad in the link provided earlier it confirms what I am saying. They say Taylor was wanted in reference to a shooting, and they go into the 10-20-Life thing

<<<<I thought I read that he fired the gun into the house after chasing the guys that stole whatever they stole? If thats the case 3 years is a joke compared to what he is looking at. In the state of Florida we have the 10-20-Life law. If you commit a crime in which a gun is fired you get a MANDATORY 20 year sentence. If you continue under the ad in the link provided earlier it confirms what I am saying. They say Taylor was wanted in reference to a shooting, and they go into the 10-20-Life thing>>>

He was not in the process of commiting a crime. The crime WAS that he shot off the gun. It is not like he was robbing someone at gunpoint, which is what the law is used for.

Back
Top Bottom