Redskins Taylor anybody? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Redskins Taylor anybody?

chambers#1 said:
<<<<I thought I read that he fired the gun into the house after chasing the guys that stole whatever they stole? If thats the case 3 years is a joke compared to what he is looking at. In the state of Florida we have the 10-20-Life law. If you commit a crime in which a gun is fired you get a MANDATORY 20 year sentence. If you continue under the ad in the link provided earlier it confirms what I am saying. They say Taylor was wanted in reference to a shooting, and they go into the 10-20-Life thing>>>

He was not in the process of commiting a crime. The crime WAS that he shot off the gun. It is not like he was robbing someone at gunpoint, which is what the law is used for.

But he is also being charged with simple assault, which is a crime. It will really be up to the prosecutor as to whether they think this falls into that category of the 20 year sentence.

if ray lewis can murder somebody and not get fined , i doubt taylor will see jail time.

lol, the Redskins would never get rid of him. Want to try and get Manning and Moss while we're at it?

Nicky Napoleon said:
But he is also being charged with simple assault, which is a crime. It will really be up to the prosecutor as to whether they think this falls into that category of the 20 year sentence.

Those two charges are for the same action. You can have multiple charges for one illegal action. Plus, I don't beleive this falls into what the law was intended for. But, It is up to the prosecuter. Like you said.

marino1348 said:
if ray lewis can murder somebody and not get fined , i doubt taylor will see jail time.

Ray Lewis never muredered anybody. Someone who was hanging around him did(alledgedly). He was charged with obstructing Justice for not cooperating with the police. And was aquited.

and whats worse is that his dad is a sheriff...lol..but he'll get off with 2 yrs probabtion and a fine and prolly some community service work

I doubt Sean Taylor is going to get jail time and just use his money to get out of everything. Now as for coming to our team, I'm skeptical about bringing in someone with his behavior issues because we don't really need anymore of that for our team chemistry. The problem I see is I don't see the Washington Redskins trading or releasing Taylor. If he were released, I'd be all for picking him up and it's been seen Saban will go after a player with behavior issues. Taylor is extremely talented but I personally don't want him here in Miami unless we got him if Washington released him, I don't want to be trading draft picks or anything like that. With that being said, I don't think him coming to Miami has any chance or happening so we don't have to worry about it.

I actually think he may be facing more than a three year minimum sentence...In Florida there is a 10-20-Life law when using a fire arm during a felony...Brandish a firearm, get 10, shoot, get 20...kill...its life.

Back
Top Bottom