Remember our last Playoff Win? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember our last Playoff Win?

I remember sitting behind the end zone and on the game winning run, Smith disappeared from my view behind all the defenders and blockers. I figured he was stopped and then he bounced out and went all the way. Great day.

Took an absolute monster game from Lamar Smith to pull it off... i remember him being nearly dead in the end zone after a TD. Went in the next week and rushed for like 30 yards or something.

Just checked ... it was 3 yards. Ouch. I remembered Smith having a bad day, but not a 3 yards total rushing kinda day. Didn't help the cause that Fiedler threw another 3 int's, giving him 6 int's in two consecutive playoff games.

He ran so hard and often that the following game I think he had the classic no has in the tank syndrome that happens when a back lugs it 40+ times the week prior. Feebler was so bad in the first half.

Thanks for the good memory. I remember watching that game on TV. I also remember how great the crowd was that day. I cannot believe it has been 14 years since we won a playoff game and people wonder why we fans are so critical.

Dolphins Colts 2000.

I was at the Game. We won in OT Dude! I was wearing a Jason Taylor Jersey. Lamar Miller had a monster game running the ball. Jay Fiedler was our QB.
We were stoked leaving that game, we tailgated pre and post, our whole gang. The following week, we got smoked in Oakland. I remember Fielder's first pass was intercepted and taken back for a touchdown, and just like that, I knew that game was over, we watched it at Shula2 in Miami Lakes.

Cant believe how long it's been. 14 Years man. Watching the 49ers and Panthers now, and you realize we are not any closer to getting back there.
We have no running back, need a whole new O-Line with the exception of Pouncey. Still looking for a Tight End.

I really hope Tannehill is the real deal. 15-17 is not going to cut it. Look at the QB play already in these playoffs. We need to find playmakers, on both sides of the ball. Heading into the 2014 season are still rebuilding. We cant waste anymore time with mediocre players, no matter where they were drafted. Many of these teams turned it around, in one or two years. Sick of Chad Henne's, Daunte Culpeppers, Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, Aj Feeley types, I have suffered through all of them, Bad coaches, Cam, Tony, Dave. We need the right Coach, and right QB. Is that Philbin and Tannehill? We will find out this year, are we even close to winning a playoff game? If we can get there next year, maybe. If not starting over again, and Ill keep watching and drinking dude.

Lamar Miller would've been like 12 back then :lol:

It was the day before my birthday and it was blacked out locally, so no I don't remember it.

Had to listen to it on radio since it was blacked out locally. Last time I actually "saw" them win a playoff game was against the Seahawks in 1999.

I had just bought a larger house. I needed to buy another tv. I got a 32" and watched the game. I remember jumping up and down and screaming when they won.

Dolphins Colts 2000.

I was at the Game. We won in OT Dude! I was wearing a Jason Taylor Jersey. Lamar Miller had a monster game running the ball. Jay Fiedler was our QB.
We were stoked leaving that game, we tailgated pre and post, our whole gang. The following week, we got smoked in Oakland. I remember Fielder's first pass was intercepted and taken back for a touchdown, and just like that, I knew that game was over, we watched it at Shula2 in Miami Lakes.

Cant believe how long it's been. 14 Years man. Watching the 49ers and Panthers now, and you realize we are not any closer to getting back there.
We have no running back, need a whole new O-Line with the exception of Pouncey. Still looking for a Tight End.

I really hope Tannehill is the real deal. 15-17 is not going to cut it. Look at the QB play already in these playoffs. We need to find playmakers, on both sides of the ball. Heading into the 2014 season are still rebuilding. We cant waste anymore time with mediocre players, no matter where they were drafted. Many of these teams turned it around, in one or two years. Sick of Chad Henne's, Daunte Culpeppers, Cleo Lemon, Joey Harrington, Aj Feeley types, I have suffered through all of them, Bad coaches, Cam, Tony, Dave. We need the right Coach, and right QB. Is that Philbin and Tannehill? We will find out this year, are we even close to winning a playoff game? If we can get there next year, maybe. If not starting over again, and Ill keep watching and drinking dude.

I was there with you. I remember 2000 at Shula2's.

I was that dude wearing the Shula jersey that threw Gummy fish at you when you were doing those handstands on the bar. Those were the days

Had to listen to it on radio since it was blacked out locally. Last time I actually "saw" them win a playoff game was against the Seahawks in 1999.

I remember that one too. My grandfather had just died and we had a whole bunch of family in town. Marino's last 4th quarter comeback. I think Terrell Buckley had the game-sealing interception of John Kitna.

One week later, 62-7.

I remember that one too. My grandfather had just died and we had a whole bunch of family in town. Marino's last 4th quarter comeback. I think Terrell Buckley had the game-sealing interception of John Kitna.

One week later, 62-7.

Jimmy promptly hung it up to

[video=youtube;s2R2sH2ScBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM[/video]

Back
Top Bottom