Remember our last Playoff Win? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember our last Playoff Win?

SecI went to the game with my buddy Nacho who got the the tips from his brother in law..on the fifty. We kicked ass Lamar Smith ran for 200 yds on 40+ carries....Wanny ran him into the ground....it was also OJ Mcduffie last game for the fish.....we got crushed in the divisional playoff against Oakland.....that was the last time we were any good....it has been downhill since then..we have lost a whole generation of Dolphin fans.... I got to think its all cyclical or I'll lose hope ..... one thing has not changed, this town loves a winner....go Heat

I was a freshman in HS! I had just started really being a fan of the Dolphins in '99. I'm from Iowa so no local teams and most my youth I was more of a fan of certain players rather than a team. I really liked Marino and the whole South Beach lifestyle, remember I'm from Iowa so Miami seemed like a paradise to a frosh in HS in that cold boring place. I honestly can't remember this game. Man it's been a long it road. Cheers to all you older fans who were able to see our winning years!

Great game. Seems like it was 25 years ago. So frustrating it has been so long.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/09000d5d82082794/Smith-s-17-yard-TD-run-in-overtime[/video]

Still sends chills down my spine. Was in 427 (upper endzone) when he ran our way. Never have I seen such jubilation amongst all of the fellow season ticket holders and fans around me when he crossed that goal line. The stadium absolutely SHOOK that day and made me proud to be a Dolphins fan. Ugh, I truly hope that we are close to having days like this again soon. It has been too long :(

I was there with you. I remember 2000 at Shula2's.

I was that dude wearing the Shula jersey that threw Gummy fish at you when you were doing those handstands on the bar. Those were the days

Love it Dude! Playoffs and Handstands next year man!

Loved Tim Ruddy ! Lamar Smith had 40 carries for 209 !

Great game. Obviously I had a lot of fun at the game. Miss a lot of those guys. Surtain, Madison, Thomas, Taylor, Bowens, Webb, Ruddy, McDuffie, Gadsden. Still won despite Fiedler's 3 int's.

Just checked ... it was 3 yards. Ouch. I remembered Smith having a bad day, but not a 3 yards total rushing kinda day. Didn't help the cause that Fiedler threw another 3 int's, giving him 6 int's in two consecutive playoff games.

Sounds an awful lot like a certain current Indy quarterback. Man, I'm so glad the Colts took luck 2 years ago so Tannehill was still on the board for us! Just wait 'til the 2014 season. Tannehill will ball out!

I was a sophomore in College. I'm almost 33 years old now. It's threads like this that remind me how g** Damn thirsty I am for a Dolphins playoff victory, let alone a playoff game. Damn, this past season took alot out of me with all the ups and downs like a rollercoaster ride. It's memories like that playoff game vs. the Colts that keep me coming back for more even in the midst of some crappy times...

I was watching that game and on the phone with a friend. Literally. I mean LITERALLY I had just said; "Man, it would be so cool if we broke a run for a TD".....And we did.

I was, and still am living in Indiana. I took so much **** that week from the bandwagon colts fans and couldn't wait to throw it back come Monday.

Is there any YouTube video of this game? I've looked before and couldn't really find anything that great.

Back
Top Bottom