Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano?

I hope Tony Sporano and Ireland can stay and we have the stability at the front office level we need to be sucessful
I hope that Chad Henne turns it around and his teammates embrace him.
I hope Brian Dabol pulls a 360 with our offense compared to the stats he produced at Cleveland
I hope we do not have to start over and rebuild the team yet again though it could to turn out to be more productive than I think it will.
I expect that this will probably be Tony S and Irelands last season
I expect it will be very difficult for Chad Henne to regain his teammates cooperation as well as menally turn his game around this season.
I expect that Brian Dabol was not really brought from Cleveland to run the offense, instead was brought here so Tony Sporano could run the offense himself through Brian Dabol.
I expect a regieme change by no later than next season and very well by week 6 of this season. IF that does happen I really, really hope that we get the right staff this time to make the right decisions.
I am not sold like many other fans that all these things I just listed that I expect to happen will happen becuase I really hope that they do not. I beleive Ireland brings more to the table than most GM's we have ever had, Tony S is not afraid to make changes to make things work when they dont and we can win with Chad Henne better than we could with a Sanchez. I admit I may be wrong but thats still my opinion and I am sticking with it.
Let the miarcacle or new season begin I am tired of waiting!

i haven't seen it in 3 years...i'll believe it when i see it...

But you have seen it. You saw it when he implemented the Wilcat in the game plan when nothing Henning called worked. You saw it when he replaced Pasqualoni with Nolan. You saw it when he replaced Bonamego with Rizzi. You are now seeing it again with Daboll replacing Henning. Need I remind you that more than likely the original coaches were probably given their jobs by Parcells without much say from Sparano. So to say you haven't seen Sparano change anything that isn't working in the 3+ years as the Fins head coach is just flat out completely wrong.

But you have seen it. You saw it when he implemented the Wilcat in the game plan when nothing Henning called worked. You saw it when he replaced Pasqualoni with Nolan. You saw it when he replaced Bonamego with Rizzi. You are now seeing it again with Daboll replacing Henning. Need I remind you that more than likely the original coaches were probably given their jobs by Parcells without much say from Sparano. So to say you haven't seen Sparano change anything that isn't working in the 3+ years as the Fins head coach is just flat out completely wrong.
Yep your right. I am still not sold on Rizzi this yet until after I see what he does this season on his own. As far as Dabol I consider him a long shot as a real upgrade. Sure hope I am wrong.
But Sporano has certainly churned the staff.

It is amazing to me that anyone who is truly a fan would root for the dolphins to have a miserable season, just for the sake of getting Sparano fired and possible drafting a QB in the upper half of the draft next season. That is truly asinine and it is pathetic that you call yourself a fan. I will never root against the dolphins. I want them to win period. I would like to remind those of you rooting for this that we have had five coaches since Shula retired and none of them, I repeat NONE of them have built a championship team. One of them was even a HOF coach in Johnson and he even had Marino. Having a HOF coach and a HOF QB does not guarantee a SB team for many seasons. If it did Marino would certainly have some bling on his fingers. Championship teams need to have the core taken care of first sorry but it is true.

Despite what some of you might think, the regime has done a decent job as a whole in rebuilding this team from the debacle that was Cam Cameron. We have a top ten (probably five) defense. Our offense should be improved (simply for getting rid of Henning) with fresh legs at RB and finally adding a receiver that has a true top gear to stretch the field. The o-line really regressed last season but hopefully Pouncey will help that and it will return to form. There was not a single QB in this draft that deserved to be a top pick. Almost all of the QBs taken were reaches. Some may pan out but I have a feeling that none of them will be better than Henne this season or the next. We need someone to compete with him and if he does not show any improvement from there then it is time to move on.

why does tony sparano get credit for the implementation of the wildcat in 2008...wasn't that david lees baby...the oline was no better last year...special teams still stunk... sparanos placed the blame on everyone but himself for the shortcomings on this team but now at least there's no one left to blame or to take the fall but himself...we'll see

it hasnt come in the way of wins and losses but we're a much better team year in year out

why does tony sparano get credit for the implementation of the wildcat in 2008...wasn't that david lees baby...the oline was no better last year...special teams still stunk... sparanos placed the blame on everyone but himself for the shortcomings on this team but now at least there's no one left to blame or to take the fall but himself...we'll see

You and I both know that Sparano talked to his coaches on the flight home from Arizona about them having any good ideas how to improve the offense. Yes it was Lee who brought up the idea but it was Sparano as the head coach who gave the go ahead to implement it in the game plan. It's just to bad after 2009 Henning used it as a cruch for his total lack of offensive ingenuity and teams then quickly/easily figured it out.

The oline regressed because of injury.

I like how you blame Sparano for all the problems but don't give him credit for trying to fix them. It's a head coaches job to supervise his coordinators and when their scheme doesn't work or they can't teach the players what is trying to be implemented they need to go. Sparano was actually doing his job, which is surround himself with capable coordinators, and yet you continue to criticize him for it.

You can ***** about Sparano being a conservative coach who has shown that during critical times of games he can make the wrong decision, but don't complain about him trying to fix the offensive, special teams and defensive philosophy on this team because from what we've seen he has tried to do exactly that.

You and I both know that Sparano talked to his coaches on the flight home from Arizona about them having any good ideas how to improve the offense. Yes it was Lee who brought up the idea but it was Sparano as the head coach who gave the go ahead to implement it in the game plan. It's just to bad after 2009 Henning used it as a cruch for his total lack of offensive ingenuity and teams then quickly/easily figured it out.

I like how you blame Sparano for all the problems but don't give him credit for trying to fix them. It's a head coaches job to supervise his coordinators and when their scheme doesn't work or they can't teach the players what is trying to be implemented they need to go. Sparano was actually doing his job, which is surround himself with capable coordinators, and yet you continue to criticize him for it.

You can ***** about Sparano being a conservative coach who has shown that during critical times of games he can make the wrong decision, but don't complain about him trying to fix the offensive, special teams and defensive philosophy on this team because from what we've seen he has tried to do exactly that.

what exactly has sparano fixed??? the oline stunk despite the change the special teams still was garbage just not as lose your lunch dreadful...he may have helped hire nike nolan as dc...hooray...mike nolan was a proven dc well before sparano brought him on board...thats a flippin no brainer

when he "fixes" something i'll give him credit for it...

We most certainly can blame Sparano. We don't blame him for "trying" to fix it, we blame him for failing to fix it. Fixing the offense is not something new, weve been trying to fix it since Jimmy Johnson was here. And the failings of the offensive line are not something that just cropped up out of left field, we have spent alot of money and draft picks on it...and its still a team weakness.

Its year 4 people. Its not like fans are knee jerking and begging for a new regime after a single draft. These people in particular sold us on 4 years...and we still have the same problems we had when they came into office. And lets not act like special teams is fixed, what did we do this offseason to prevent the blocked kicks that plagued us last season?
What is going on? Why don't more people have a problem with this? If they didn't fail now then they failed in the past. Something hasn't worked and the failure is on these peoples shoulders 100%.

As for Henning and Sparano: who let Dan Henning use the wildcat as a cruch? Who let Dan Henning run his own show when he clearly was incapable? Who publically supported Dan Henning at the expense of our offensive players? Tony Sparano and company failed to fix the problems that they inherited(the specific job they were hired for), they failed to adapt to new situations, they failed to get the most out of some very capable players(Brandon Marshall comes to mind), and they threw the players under the bus in a effort to save their own jobs.
As the man in charge, the man who does get credit when we do win, who's clearly at fault for letting all this happen: Tony Sparano.

We most certainly can blame Sparano. We don't blame him for "trying" to fix it, we blame him for failing to fix it. Fixing the offense is not something new, weve been trying to fix it since Jimmy Johnson was here. And the failings of the offensive line are not something that just cropped up out of left field, we have spent alot of money and draft picks on it...and its still a team weakness.

Its year 4 people. Its not like fans are knee jerking and begging for a new regime after a single draft. These people in particular sold us on 4 years...and we still have the same problems we had when they came into office. And lets not act like special teams is fixed, what did we do this offseason to prevent the blocked kicks that plagued us last season?
What is going on? Why don't more people have a problem with this? If they didn't fail now then they failed in the past. Something hasn't worked and the failure is on these peoples shoulders 100%.

As for Henning and Sparano: who let Dan Henning use the wildcat as a cruch? Who let Dan Henning run his own show when he clearly was incapable? Who publically supported Dan Henning at the expense of our offensive players? Tony Sparano and company failed to fix the problems that they inherited(the specific job they were hired for), they failed to adapt to new situations, they failed to get the most out of some very capable players(Brandon Marshall comes to mind), and they threw the players under the bus in a effort to save their own jobs.
As the man in charge, the man who does get credit when we do win, who's clearly at fault for letting all this happen: Tony Sparano.

buy yourself an ice cream...well said

I agree that he is to blame when they lose. But at the same time you must also give him credit when they win and when he tries/does fix things.

Just wondering but how many years has it been? Oh that's right three, so why don't you quit complaining and give them their 4 years. A fourth year that has yet to even have free agency. They have also increased the talent level on the roster from top to bottom drastically but why give him credit for that.

The o-line play was great in 2008 and good in 2009. We all were expecting much better play until the injury bug hit last year. Is that Sparano's fault? Sure it'd be nice if all of our backups were pro bowl caliber players but they aren't so deal with it. We have also added a great piece to the line with Pouncey and who knows what else they will do in FA.

I find it funny how you compain about Sparano not holding Henning accountable and yet he is now unemployed and has been replaced by Daboll. Time will tell if replacing him with Daboll was the correct move but to say Henning wasn't held accountable is wrong. You also say Sparano backed Henning publically at the players expense. He does that with everyone, even Henne. When has Sparano ever come out and publically reprimanded anyone in the Fins organization? Never, because he keeps it in house which is what a head coach is susposed to do.

How has the defense played since he replaced PP with Nolan? Much better, but we can't give Sparano any credit for bringing in a capable DC because it was a no brainer. And yet if he brought someone else in you would be bitching about them not being good enough.

As far as the blocked punts and kicks go once Bonemengo was fired and Carpenter was released they didn't happen anymore.

How can you chastise him for one but give no credit for another? It makes no sense.

I agree that he is to blame when they lose. But at the same time you must also give him credit when they win and when he tries/does fix things.

Just wondering but how many years has it been? Oh that's right three, so why don't you quit complaining and give them their 4 years. A fourth year that has yet to even have free agency. They have also increased the talent level on the roster from top to bottom drastically but why give him credit for that.

The o-line play was great in 2008 and good in 2009. We all were expecting much better play until the injury bug hit last year. Is that Sparano's fault? Sure it'd be nice if all of our backups were pro bowl caliber players but they aren't so deal with it. We have also added a great piece to the line with Pouncey and who knows what else they will do in FA.

I find it funny how you compain about Sparano not holding Henning accountable and yet he is now unemployed and has been replaced by Daboll. Time will tell if replacing him with Daboll was the correct move but to say Henning wasn't held accountable is wrong. You also say Sparano backed Henning publically at the players expense. He does that with everyone, even Henne. When has Sparano ever come out and publically reprimanded anyone in the Fins organization? Never, because he keeps it in house which is what a head coach is susposed to do.

How has the defense played since he replaced PP with Nolan? Much better, but we can't give Sparano any credit for bringing in a capable DC because it was a no brainer. And yet if he brought someone else in you would be bitching about them not being good enough.

As far as the blocked punts and kicks go once Bonemengo was fired and Carpenter was released they didn't happen anymore.

How can you chastise him for one but give no credit for another? It makes no sense.

What have we won recently? We have losing records the last 2 seasons. We haven't been higher then 3rd in the divisional standings. We haven't made it to the playoffs. Does Tony Sparano deserve praise for losing to the Browns and Lions while they were using backup quarterbacks? What do you expect? "Hey Tony, great job losing more games then you won!", "Hey Sparano, you are very deserving of that raise and extension we gave you because you almost broke even!". Honestly, how sad is it if our fans are expecting people to praise losing efforts.

If the offensive line was that dominate, why did Sparano replace those players? He continued to tweak the offensive line and it fell apart. How is that not his fault? How is it not his fault that he didn't find adequate replacement players? How is it not his fault that this team seriously lacked depth despite burning draft pick after draft pick and free agent cash after free agent cash in one position group? 4 drafts now and 3 free agency periods and those positions are still unsettled. But hey, we haven't had that 4th free agency yet! This time they will get it right!!!

This front office announced they would build through the draft. It has been 4 drafts. Thats 4 offseasons. If they are truly counting on the abbreviated free agency that might occur, then they have failed at their own stated goals. Plus, they have relied on free agency to improve our offensive line in the past...and failed miserably. So, they have failed at that already. Why in gods name should we give them the benefit of the doubt this time? "Hey, you screwed the pooch 3 times, but 4th times a charm!!!!".

Sparano benched his chosen franchise quarterback. He publically expressed displeasure about his performance. He then publically loathed the lack of speed on offense(the offense he spent 3 years building no less). He continuesly stated it was not Dan Henning fault. He publically agreed with the excuses Henning was giving the press. How is that accountability? What part of that is acceptable to problem solving? He was throwing people under the bus and the players finally got disgusted during week 17 and started changing routes on the field(not surprising, they had more success). Again, what part of this situation is good? What part of that screams "Tony Sparano is getting it done!"?

And many on this board gave Sparano alot of credit in bringing in Nolan. Last offseason, when he brought him in, many(myself included) thought it was a coup. But that was in the past. Despite that, we had a losing season. When are people going to stop looking backwards and try to move forward? "Oh yeah, well, Sparano once brought in a good coordinator a couple seasons ago and it was awesome so we shouldnt blame him for the multiple losing records!". Absurd.

And yes, Sparano fired his special teams coach. Many around the league either bemoaned the move or outright raged against it. The Jets special teams coordinator publically pointed out just how they took advantage of us and how we didnt correct the problem. After the Patriots took advantage of what the Jets coordinator saw and spoke about, we then released Carpenter. Either 1) Sparano needed other people to point out a glaring flaw, 2) he thought Carpenter was a good player when he really wasn't, or 3) he was trying to protect himself as he was the one that brought in Carpenter in the first place but eventually had to release him when it became glaring obvious.

And your correct, i do not see the point of praising Tony Sparano for winning 7 games when he also loses 9. I do not see the benefit of praising Tony Sparano for actions taken in previous years when our current situation is leading to defeats.

Back
Top Bottom