Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano?

Yet, no real long term stability at Head Coach does?

i think what you'll find if you look around the league is most head coach situations that have long term stability also have franchise qbs...you get a franchise qb and an average head coach becomes a genius it seems...

of course if your a dumb *** like josh mcdaniels you trade your young franchise qb and you pay for it with your job

i think what you'll find if you look around the league is most head coach situations that have long term stability also have franchise qbs...you get a franchise qb and an average head coach becomes a genius it seems...

of course if your a dumb *** like josh mcdaniels you trade your young franchise qb and you pay for it with your job

I don't disagree with that. I was a huge proponent of drafting MALLET... and I hate, HATE the fact that we didn't draft him. It totally pisses me off and makes me question WTF our front office was thinking. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to root for our team to lose this year. I'm going to "hope", not "believe", but hope, that our coaching staff can come together in a way that most people don't expect and give us a good season.

I do however, agree that stability at the Head Coach and QB are VERY important to having a successful team. Which is exactly why I think, in light of not landing Harbaugh, keeping Henne and Sparano this year was the right thing to do.

Look, if Henne can return to '09 form with our 2010 defense, there is no reason we can't have a good season.

I also agree Josh McDaniels was a dumb ****, but he got fired for more than just trading his franchise QB.

Look, if Henne can return to '09 form with our 2010 defense, there is no reason we can't have a good season.

4 years in and the best we can hope for *if* everything comes together is a GOOD season. This team is going nowhere fast.

4 years in and the best we can hope for *if* everything comes together is a GOOD season. This team is going nowhere fast.

You fire the coach and qb and you are still banking of "IF" you can get a better coach and QB.

The fact is, it's all how you choose to look at it. YOU choose to hope your team loses so they will replace the coach and QB because of the fact that they are losing. Do you not see the cuircular logic there?. Where as I choose to hope our team wins thereby eliminating the need to replace anyone, simple.

You accuse me of "blind homerism" and yet, I have stated repeatedly that I would have rather had Harbaugh than Sparano. It didn't happen. I would have rather had Mallet than Henne, that didn't happen either. I would rather have Palmer than Henne. Which might happen but is not likely. But no matter what happens, I will NEVER, EVER HOPE for my team to lose on the off chance that we MIGHT get something better.

I don't disagree with that. I was a huge proponent of drafting MALLET... and I hate, HATE the fact that we didn't draft him. It totally pisses me off and makes me question WTF our front office was thinking. But that doesn't mean that I'm going to root for our team to lose this year. I'm going to "hope", not "believe", but hope, that our coaching staff can come together in a way that most people don't expect and give us a good season.

I do however, agree that stability at the Head Coach and QB are VERY important to having a successful team. Which is exactly why I think, in light of not landing Harbaugh, keeping Henne and Sparano this year was the right thing to do.

I also agree Josh McDaniels was a dumb ****, but he got fired for more than just trading his franchise QB.

of course i'm hoping for this team to win...i don't have as madmic likes to point out 12k plus posts on this site cause i'm not a fan...i'm just not expecting anything this year...but i'll root for them right up until the season is lost and then i'll start praying for a new front office and as high a draft pick as possible to try and land a franchise qb in a loaded top end qb class

i will tell you however that i count the days til sparano is gone and a new hopefully more go for the jugular mindset takes over...you got to be explosive to win in todays nfl...i just don't think explosive or risky is even in sparanos dna

as for josh mcdaniels he traded franchise caliber in their prime wr and qb and has jack squat to show for it...kyle ortons garbage john elways knows he's not good enough that wr kid demarious thomas just tore his achilles and is out the entire 2011 season...tim tebow??? terrible...they got hozed...you don't trade young franchise caliber qbs and skill position players in their prime...unless you want to take a walk on the plank

of course i'm hoping for this team to win...i don't have as madmic likes to point out 12k plus posts on this site cause i'm not a fan...i'm just not expecting anything this year...but i'll root for them right up until the season is lost and then i'll start praying for a new front office and as high a draft pick as possible to try and land a franchise qb in a loaded top end qb class

i will tell you however that i count the days til sparano is gone and a new hopefully more go for the jugular mindset takes over...you got to be explosive to win in todays nfl...i just don't think explosive or risky is even in sparanos dna

So then count the days till the season starts and if Miami fails miserably as you expect, then count the days until Sparano is replaced. As for Sparano not having the mindset for an explosive offense, see the 2006 Cowboys. I believe Sparano's biggest mistake was letting his offensive scheme be run by a guy that had been in league since Sparano was in diapers. But then again, with Parcells around, I don't know how much choice he had.

I expect to see a lot more deep balls and agressive playcalling this year than in any of the previous Sparano years. If not, I will be counting the days right there with you bro.

So then count the days till the season starts and if Miami fails miserably as you expect, then count the days until Sparano is replaced. As for Sparano not having the mindset for an explosive offense, see the 2006 Cowboys. I believe Sparano's biggest mistake was letting his offensive scheme be run by a guy that had been in league since Sparano was in diapers. But then again, with Parcells around, I don't know how much choice he had.

I expect to see a lot more deep balls and agressive playcalling this year than in any of the previous Sparano years. If not, I will be counting the days right there with you bro.

did you watch brian dabolls offense in cleveland the last 2 years??? it was anything but aggressive or over the top...check the te and check the rb in the flat...rinse repeat...

did you watch brian dabolls offense in cleveland the last 2 years??? it was anything but aggressive or over the top...check the te and check the rb in the flat...rinse repeat...

I see your point, but you do the best with what you have and Daboll had next to nothing for WRs. Hartline would be their number 1... I think a young offensive coordinator trying to make a name for himself in this league is a lot more likely to be aggressive than an old set-in-his-ways codger who thinks that QBs are a liablilty and field goals are just as good as TDs.

To assume that this team's offensive philosophy is not going to change this year is to assume that Sparano thinks what he was doing last year works. I don't think he's a genius, but he's smart enough to realize that if what he was doing last year worked, he wouldn't have almost lost his job. I truly BELIEVE that Sparano KNOWS he has to get agressive this year.

The bigger question to me is not will they TRY to be more agressive? The question to me is will they SUCCEED at being more agressive?

I see your point, but you do the best with what you have and Daboll had next to nothing for WRs. Hartline would be their number 1... I think a young offensive coordinator trying to make a name for himself in this league is a lot more likely to be aggressive than an old set-in-his-ways codger who thinks that QBs are a liablilty and field goals are just as good as TDs.

To assume that this team's offensive philosophy is not going to change this year is to assume that Sparano thinks what he was doing last year works. I don't think he's a genius, but he's smart enough to realize that if what he was doing last year worked, he wouldn't have almost lost his job. I truly BELIEVE that Sparano KNOWS he has to get agressive this year.

The bigger to me is not will they TRY to be more agressive? The question to me is will they SUCCEED at being more agressive?

thats where we disagree...i don't think sparanos got a clue...and this daboll hire reinforces it for me...yeah the browns wrs were garbage i get it...but the real offensive minds find ways to get the most out of the talent they have and bottom 5 offenses the last 2 years from dabolls units don't get me giddy about what he'll bring to the table here...and neither does that love for the played out cat that comes with the package and is right up these guys alley...

thats where we disagree...i don't think sparanos got a clue...and this daboll hire reinforces it for me...yeah the browns wrs were garbage i get it...but the real offensive minds find ways to get the most out of the talent they have and bottom 5 offenses the last 2 years from dabolls units don't get me giddy about what he'll bring to the table here...and neither does that love for the played out cat that comes with the package and is right up these guys alley...

Then perhaps we can at least both agree to "HOPE" that you are wrong.

I actually think he has started to figure it out. Here's an excerpt from an interview with him over Fins weekend.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/30145019

As for what Sparano's looking for next season, Jackson writes, "…better accuracy on deep balls (he was 10 for 40 on passes thrown 20 yards or more); higher completion percentage in the fourth quarter than last year’s 58.6; and better production in the red zone, where 'we have to get into a mentality,' Sparano said, 'where you’re thinking about the big play first' and not a field goal.'"

If that doesn't say we are going to be taking more chances on offense compared to the past 3 season I don't know what does.

its funny, these fickle fan bases that probably weren't around during the 1-15 season, these fans expect super bowls year in year out from the FO that came in after a 1-15 season lmao,

doesnt anyone realize how far we've come? We had NOTHING in that 1-15 year, now we have pro bowlers on both sides of the ball

its funny, these fickle fan bases that probably weren't around during the 1-15 season, these fans expect super bowls year in year out from the FO that came in after a 1-15 season lmao,

doesnt anyone realize how far we've come? We had NOTHING in that 1-15 year, now we have pro bowlers on both sides of the ball

:lol: I think the problem is we do realize how far we have come, and now we expect to keep progressing... but that hasn't been the case as of late.

YOU choose to hope your team loses so they will replace the coach and QB because of the fact that they are losing..

I don't mind some losing if there is light at the end of the tunnel. That light from 2008 is getting dimmer, not brighter. He has had his chances. If I agreed with Sparanos philosphy and if he has shown he is a dynamic leader then I would cut him slack. He has shown he is stuborn and mired in the boring conservative 'old school' ways. He is not the right person to lead this team to greatness IMO. I can not believe that everyone doesn't see that.

All of this teams focus and resources should be directed towards making sure we are in a position to draft the QB we want in this upcoming draft, period.

Back
Top Bottom