Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano?

I see a methodical approach to developing a solid foundation of this team. You must agree outside of the QB position they have created a solid team. I am assuming with some injured o-line returning and the Pouncey addition that this line will get back in shape. The D is very solid, and the other departments are headed in the right direction. As I have listed before I just don't see any obvious errors in the QB approach outside of Ryan. The idea around here just seems to be, "heck lets get a franchise QB next" with little understanding of the difficulty in that task. With the list I compiled earlier on first round QBs available and taking a realistic approach to who we could have acquired I am almost glad we haven't gone that direction in any form. So yeah, based on the realistic outcomes I have bought in. I see many areas where we could be far worse off without a level headed approach.

no real long term stability at qb equals no real chance at being a long term contender...you might strike gold a year here or there and compete til week 17 or even get in the playoffs but most the time you'll be treading water and picking mid level in every round...not bad enough to get the franchise guy you so sorely need not good enough to get over the hump...wasting the peak years of all your other assets

the definition of mediocrity...and there's no other position in sports thats as critical as qb at the pro level...none...if this team had a franchise qb and provided sparano let him play to win its a contender...til then more of the same ole same ole

I think we will win 10 games next year. And if that is too mediocre I would say Cheese!

no real long term stability at qb equals no real chance at being a long term contender...you might strike gold a year here or there and compete til week 17 or even get in the playoffs but most the time you'll be treading water and picking mid level in every round...not bad enough to get the franchise guy you so sorely need not good enough to get over the hump...wasting the peak years of all your other assets

the definition of mediocrity...and there's no other position in sports thats as critical as qb at the pro level...none

I agree with you on the value of a QB. But there is no mistake in sports bigger than choosing the wrong 1. Ask the Texans, 49ers, Lions, Raiders, Browns, Bengals, and Titans.

Houston-Horrible D we match up a lot better against their O this time around
Cleveland-
Denver-
Giants-This team is headed in wrong direction. 4th place team in East nxt year
Washington-No QB
Bills-Gotta get one here
Dallas-Turkey day is our specialtly
Jets-last few years shows we get at least 1
Oakland-
Chiefs-Run gm is their strenght as well as ours.

List does not include a win vs Pats, 2 against Bills, or a Jets sweep.

Cleveland-
Denver-
Washington-No QB
Bills-Gotta get one here
Oakland-

optimism at its finest...we lost to cleveland at home last year...we lost 7 games at home last year...i wouldn't start counting wins if i was you against anyone

12000+ posts of wine and cheese. Man you must have a huge violin collection. I don't get how someone could blow so much time on a fan site and do nothing but complain. I understand the frustration due to the last 20 years but if you dislike what is going on so much why not move on to something else? I am here because every year we have a clean slate. If I didn't believe that (obviously you do not which is more than your right) I wouldn't be here. I guess guys like you just get off demonstrating your gloom. Or maybe you will just roll with it until things turn around and you can claim that the saving grace was a due to your great knowledge and persistant griping about the way things should be. I sure hope that happens soon for your and my sakes.

Cleveland-
Denver-
Washington-No QB
Bills-Gotta get one here
Oakland-

I wouldn't call Maimi's running game a strength at this point.

The G-Men are inconsistent as hell but they're also one of the more talented teams in the league, and I don't trust your oline against Osi and Tuck.

The Skins and Broncos are terrible, you should be able to destroy them.

Cleveland is an underrated team on the rise imo, same with the Raiders.

I wouldn't call Maimi's running game a strength at this point.

The G-Men are inconsistent as hell but they're also one of the more talented teams in the league, and I don't trust your oline against Osi and Tuck.

The Skins and Broncos are terrible, you should be able to destroy them.

Cleveland is an underrated team on the rise imo, same with the Raiders.

I meant our run D vs their running game.

12000+ posts of wine and cheese. Man you must have a huge violin collection. I don't get how someone could blow so much time on a fan site and do nothing but complain. I understand the frustration due to the last 20 years but if you dislike what is going on so much why not move on to something else? I am here because every year we have a clean slate. If I didn't believe that (obviously you do not which is more than your right) I wouldn't be here. I guess guys like you just get off demonstrating your gloom. Or maybe you will just roll with it until things turn around and you can claim that the saving grace was a due to your great knowledge and persistant griping about the way things should be. I sure hope that happens soon for your and my sakes.

:lol: :rolleyes2: weak sauce...

Quite frankly I'm sick of people like you that back this franchise's piss poor decisions and keep rooting for mediocre seasons. THIS is the season that I hope goes down in flames because I love the fins and hate losing. Winning 8-10 games without being a legit SB contender is losing IMO. It will seal the fate of this underachieving regime AND put the team in a position to draft a QB that has the potential to lead us to greatness for the next 15 years.

Have you been living under a rock these past 11 years. All we have had since Shula left is mediocre sesaons at best. Its been years and years since we went anywhere in the playoff and have seldom gotten there. First is was the dream team of Jimmy Johnson who walked away, Dave W who everyone hated but did mangage to win 1 playoff game, Nick Saban whom followed in Jimmy Johnsons footsteps and was gone in a cloud of dust leaving the cupboard bare in terms of talent, one year of Cameron and our dismal season. So ever since they kicked Shula out the door for a couple of medocre seasons thats all they have had basically since then. What on God's green earth make you believe for changing sakes that it is going to get better. I am not implying that Tony S is not on a short leash and has made what appears to be questionable game time decisions along with what I consider the most important when he lost the team at the end of last season.
BUT the guy has not been afraid to make changes. He pulled the lever on the Wildcat and Chad Pennington his first season. He fired his defensive coordinator after his second season hired Nolan and the defense went from a problem to the stenght of the team. He fired the special teams coach last year after another poor start and this year he has a new offensive coordinator. In this case I certainly do not feel as comfortable with Dabol as I did with the Nolan hire but Tony S is not treading water he is attempting to address issues. Give him his due.
I agree with most that this team is a good QB away from being very good but I also agree with most that we should have based our last 4 drafts just on the QB position and hope we finally hit on one. Right now a good/great QB can land on this team and have a very good opportunity to suceed at a high level but if we had no offensive line or running game to help the dude then it could very well turn out opposite.

Have you been living under a rock these past 11 years. All we have had since Shula left is mediocre sesaons at best. Its been years and years since we went anywhere in the playoff and have seldom gotten there. First is was the dream team of Jimmy Johnson who walked away, Dave W who everyone hated but did mangage to win 1 playoff game, Nick Saban whom followed in Jimmy Johnsons footsteps and was gone in a cloud of dust leaving the cupboard bare in terms of talent, one year of Cameron and our dismal season. So ever since they kicked Shula out the door for a couple of medocre seasons thats all they have had basically since then. What on God's green earth make you believe for changing sakes that it is going to get better. I am not implying that Tony S is not on a short leash and has made what appears to be questionable game time decisions along with what I consider the most important when he lost the team at the end of last season.
BUT the guy has not been afraid to make changes. He pulled the lever on the Wildcat and Chad Pennington his first season. He fired his defensive coordinator after his second season hired Nolan and the defense went from a problem to the stenght of the team. He fired the special teams coach last year after another poor start and this year he has a new offensive coordinator. In this case I certainly do not feel as comfortable with Dabol as I did with the Nolan hire but Tony S is not treading water he is attempting to address issues. Give him his due.
I agree with most that this team is a good QB away from being very good but I also agree with most that we should have based our last 4 drafts just on the QB position and hope we finally hit on one. Right now a good/great QB can land on this team and have a very good opportunity to suceed at a high level but if we had no offensive line or running game to help the dude then it could very well turn out opposite.

Sorry Sparano has had his chance and has shown nothing to inspire confidence that he is the right person to lead us into the future. He was unqualified to get the job in the first place. I personally can not stand his philosophy and approach. The problem with all the coaches we've had is that they have failed to make a serious all out effor to solve the QB problem.

Back
Top Bottom