Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Remember when...the Miami Dolphins hired Tony Sparano?

I think us fans have every right to be frustrated and question every move of this franchise. This isn't the good ol' days anymore boys. Most of my life has been filled with phin misery, and the remedy is as easy as running a card to a booth in the first round that reads qb...

I think us fans have every right to be frustrated and question every move of this franchise. This isn't the good ol' days anymore boys. Most of my life has been filled with phin misery, and the remedy is as easy as running a card to a booth in the first round that reads qb...

Seriously? That is the problem with a lot of people on this board. Just as easy as pulling the trigger and picking a QB in the first round? If you saw my list earlier there were not many available and the ones since 2008 have been nothing too special. Ever heard of Leaf, Carr, Harrington, Smith, Russel, and Smith, and so on? Its a 30-60 million guarantee that won't really produce the first 2 years and has a huge chance to completely bust. It is shocking how so many of you think it is a guarantee! Do you really think that the most important position in sports comes that easy. The #1 reason it is so important? You guessed it! Because it is EXTREMELY difficult to acquire! And the smart man doesn't pull the trigger unless he is very confident.

Don't get me wrong. I am dying for the heir to Dan's thrown. But recently the pickings have been very slim. And at this point the evidence of success sides with that idea.

I hate when people try to question fan hood..

Thank you. Questioning your team doesn't make you a bad fan. Hell, if it anything it shows that you truly care. Being overly optomistic is fine as well, but I'm NOT going to be the kind of person that just buries my head in the sand and just blindly accepts what is handed to me. The right free speech is one of constitutional rights that I have as an American citizen, and I choose to exercise it.

As far as Tony goes, I think his offensive philosphy and his conservative nature will be his own undoing. It's just a matter of time before the axe finally falls.

It is shocking how so many of you think it is a guarantee!

I am dying for the heir to Dan's thrown. But recently the pickings have been very slim. And at this point the evidence of success sides with that idea.

Uh, actually not 1 person has said that anything is guaranteed. We just aren't afraid to fail and have decided the rewards far outweigh the risks. We have tried your way of just waiting for a decent QB to drop in our laps. Well time to do something different and make it happen via any and all means necessary.

This upcoming draft is going to be a good one for top QB prospects. Lets make sure we do whatever is necessary to be in position to aquire the one we want. Trade whatever picks and whatever players to move up, nobody is untouchable at this point.

Rx for the whole mess is a QB.

Lombardi couldn't win squat today without a QB!! Everyone would be pissed at his Offensive Coordinator!!

It's the fans who put the man plated in gold after the first year. Blame it on yourselves ;). I like Tony..I think he's caught some bad breaks, but he needs to work on stuff just like anyone else. Not sure why everyone thinks we should be in the AFCE Championship after 3 years. It would probably take longer than that to turn a Honda into a Ferrarri..and that's what we are trying to do...in a sense. I remember how Ross was a genius for going straight after Harbaugh and flying to him and all that jazz. 24 hours later you would think the guy is Satan.

Is the lockout even close to over yet? I've stopped paying attention.

Thank you. Questioning your team doesn't make you a bad fan. Hell, if it anything it shows that you truly care. Being overly optomistic is fine as well, but I'm going to be the kind of person that just buries my head in the sand and just blindly accepts what is handed to me. The right free speech is one of constitutional rights that I have as an American citizen, and I choose to exercise it.

As far as Tony goes, I think his offensive philosphy and his conservative nature will be his own undoing. It's just a matter of time before the axe finally falls.

I'm officially a fan of pac :hclap:

Houston-Horrible D we match up a lot better against their O this time around
Cleveland-
Denver-
Giants-This team is headed in wrong direction. 4th place team in East nxt year
Washington-No QB
Bills-Gotta get one here
Dallas-Turkey day is our specialtly
Jets-last few years shows we get at least 1
Oakland-
Chiefs-Run gm is their strenght as well as ours.

List does not include a win vs Pats, 2 against Bills, or a Jets sweep.

We have never beaten Houston, and Wade Phillips is known for getting immediate results out of new defenses(much like Nolan). And its not like Houston lacks talent on defense.

The Giants won 10 games last season without starting wideouts or offensive lineman(or so it seemed, alot of injuries). This team would have been in the playoffs had their punter not made a moron move. Players returning from injury and a stellar draft means this team will be fierce and making a playoff run.

Dallas will start the season with better results then they did last year, for the simple fact that they fired Phillips. Add in Rob Ryan to defense and they could be contenders. They are certainly in a better situation then Miami.

Cleveland defeated us last season, but its a push, there offense should be better with Colt McCoy playing in a friendlier system.
If Denver keeps Kyle Orton, they will have a good offense and their defense will be improved with the return of Elvis Dumervil.
Oakland and Bills, no comment other then they play tough from time to time.
Chiefs should regress because their offensive coordinator left, but its far from true that our running game is our strength.

And finally Washington...well, they have the same level of quarterbacking that we do. Which is to say: not much. We have a better team, but they have a better offensive coaching staff.

You dont offer much proof with your opinions and yet you say someone is whinning when they disagree with you. Sorry, but some of us do not consider it logical to assume a win just because "its thanksgiving". And in all honesty, if people are assuming we will win just because a game falls on a certain day or the other team is moving backwards with no evidence of that, then what does that really say about our expectations for this team?

It's the fans who put the man plated in gold after the first year. Blame it on yourselves ;). I like Tony..I think he's caught some bad breaks, but he needs to work on stuff just like anyone else. Not sure why everyone thinks we should be in the AFCE Championship after 3 years. It would probably take longer than that to turn a Honda into a Ferrarri..and that's what we are trying to do...in a sense. I remember how Ross was a genius for going straight after Harbaugh and flying to him and all that jazz. 24 hours later you would think the guy is Satan.

Is the lockout even close to over yet? I've stopped paying attention.

Because "24 hours later" he gave Tony Sparano a contract extension with more power over front office decisions.

Seriously? That is the problem with a lot of people on this board. Just as easy as pulling the trigger and picking a QB in the first round? If you saw my list earlier there were not many available and the ones since 2008 have been nothing too special. Ever heard of Leaf, Carr, Harrington, Smith, Russel, and Smith, and so on? Its a 30-60 million guarantee that won't really produce the first 2 years and has a huge chance to completely bust. It is shocking how so many of you think it is a guarantee! Do you really think that the most important position in sports comes that easy. The #1 reason it is so important? You guessed it! Because it is EXTREMELY difficult to acquire! And the smart man doesn't pull the trigger unless he is very confident.

Don't get me wrong. I am dying for the heir to Dan's thrown. But recently the pickings have been very slim. And at this point the evidence of success sides with that idea.

Mad the last time we drafted a qb in the first he ended up being the best their ever was, we have gone every other route BUT that since his retirement and now are in a perpetual loop of mediocrity. Wouldn't you like to be excited about a player under center again, and then actually have their play match up? I'm just saying who knows what happens if we take Aaron Rodgers, Matty Ice, Joe Flacco... we have no clue; but it would feel nice if we did something that took a pair sometime.

Any head coach that fires all his coaches should be fried as well...i've thought that years before Tony was here and will think that years after he's gone.

Thank you. Questioning your team doesn't make you a bad fan. Hell, if it anything it shows that you truly care. Being overly optomistic is fine as well, but I'm NOT going to be the kind of person that just buries my head in the sand and just blindly accepts what is handed to me. The right free speech is one of constitutional rights that I have as an American citizen, and I choose to exercise it.

I totally agree that "QUESTIONING" your team does not make you a bad fan, not at all. ROOTING FOR YOUR TEAM TO LOSE, however, does.

Back
Top Bottom