Report: Dolphins have done the most work on Oregon QB Justin Herbert | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins have done the most work on Oregon QB Justin Herbert

I think Fromm is more suited to what the 'Phins will probably run. Quick early reads and short passes out of a spread. Late 2nd/early 3rd.
I've got the same basic round grade on Love, but I think some FO will fall in love with his more physical profile and overdraft him.
Personally, I think he's been a turnover magnet.

I've mentioned this before... but I worked his games in HS, and to be honest, I just dont remember him being better than what Liberty (or Centennial) had almost every year. Cody Kessler looked better at that level.

As a point of reference... I also worked Derek and David Carr games, as well as Josh Allen... and all of those guys looked like stars during their school boy days. Love? I just dont really remember him... now that was my last year on the field, but I dont even remember there being a buzz on him.

Maybe he's gotten better... but really... hes only faced a very low level of competition and hasn't been especially stellar.

I think Fromm is more suited to what the 'Phins will probably run. Quick early reads and short passes out of a spread. Late 2nd/early 3rd.
I've got the same basic round grade on Love, but I think some FO will fall in love with his more physical profile and overdraft him.
Personally, I think he's been a turnover magnet.

I've mentioned this before... but I worked his games in HS, and to be honest, I just dont remember him being better than what Liberty (or Centennial) had almost every year. Cody Kessler looked better at that level.
Wait, you have a late 2nd, 3rd round grade on Fromm?

When you reach for a player with a less than perfect record in an area of the draft where players are less questionable... just because you NEED that position, that is overdrafting.

Like throwing up a three point shot from halfcourt when you are down by 2...

Your pick is based on wishes, rather than pedigree.

I think Herbert is a gun slinger. Soooo no he’s not tannehill let’s make lazy comparisons just cuz we don’t like a guy
Tannehill can be a sniper on a rollout, & a 4-month old newborn climbing up the pocket. Maybe Herbert with actual more QB experience entering the NFL will curb his development?

Burrow... one good year
Tua... fragile
Herbert... sporadic production
Fromm... underwhelming year
Eason... raw, bounced around
Love... too many turnovers, low level competition.

Sure... all of them COULD work... maybe, but none of them scream bulletproof... they just don't.

Hell... maybe Costello's the guy.

I'm not gonna reach. I'm gonna figure out which 2-3 I like and then see if they fall.
If they start to fly off the board, I got 14 picks and plenty of ammo to move up.

But I'm gonna start in patience mode... maybe trade down from 5 while the nervous GMs start to trade up.

But that's me, your milage may differ.

You gave me a 9 min clip. What exactly do you want me to see? If you want to talk shiz about fromm...ok I can post 100 clips of him throwing NFL passes...So what the point.

I’d like to see Fromm’s NFL level passes vs ranked defenses. All I have see is mediocrity.

Find the QB you like and pick him at 5...

Don't try to be fancy and end up with the ugliest girl at the party when you came looking for the prettiest one.

Find the QB you like and pick him at 5...

Don't try to be fancy and end up with the ugliest girl at the party when you came looking for the prettiest one.

When you do this, you get the 5th best Edge instead of the 2nd best; the 8th best Offensive Lineman instead of the 3rd best, etc...

You weaken your hand at 3 or 4 positions in order to go for the half court 3 pointer.

Again... picking on wishes, rather than actual production or pedigree.

If there were a slam dunk guy... sure... but all of these candidates are flawed. Dont let your wishes overrule your logic.

Same story appeared last year before he decided to stay at Oregon. Blah blah blah.

When you do this, you get the 5th best Edge instead of the 2nd best; the 8th best Offensive Lineman instead of the 3rd best, etc...

You weaken your hand at 3 or 4 positions in order to go for the half court 3 pointer.

Again... picking on wishes, rather than actual production or pedigree.

That's a great position to take if you are speaking of 8th best/5th best etc., you are excluding the fact that the 3rd best QB in this draft (in many people's eyes) was actually considered the #1 pick by the same "many people's eyes" last season, who actually had a better season this year than the year he was considered foolish for going back for his senior year and this is with his best WR declaring for the NFL last year and his best receiving threat (TE) lost early to an injury. I don't want Herbert, but there is actually no logical argument against picking him at 5 (skill/production wise) against the BPA, whomever that may be.

Back
Top Bottom