Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried looking it up today, does Houston even have two 2’s? Plus this was from Mando so grain of salt. Bottom line is on gathering all the information I’ve seen on Twitter Texans really want Tunsil and who knows what they’ll offer.

Be a future 2 as in 2021 I’m sure plus the 2020 2

Houston thinks they are a left tackle away from legit contender status.

tunsil is far from being a star hes had half of one good season.

I guess they aren't budging on Tunsil. As in they want him. I was trying to get clowney without Tunsil or draft capital. I.e. Drake and Stills

I guess they aren't budging on Tunsil. As in they want him. I was trying to get clowney without Tunsil or draft capital. I.e. Drake and Stills
Well then, no deal. If they insist on Tunsil, then let Clowney go to Philly or Seattle like he’d prefer.

My initial thought was no way they trade Tunsil, however the more the rumor stays out there and when you consider the roster building model Flores, O'Shea and OL coach DeGuglielmo have from New England, I would not be shocked if they feel they can either find a serviceable T or draft another OT(eventually).

If you project the Miami approach off New England(which is not fair because Grier has his own ideas ...I hope) they do not pay big money to the OL, they seemingly are always replacing guys in the line with unheralded players.
Again based on this projection Tunsil is an asset they most likely dont see as a necessity and can flip him for more
draft capital with or without Clowney.

Do I agree with the idea? in theory I am ok with it .... if you have proven you can as New England has, you can find OL talent regularly this Miami franchise has not.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, I feel more likely the carrot here for Miami is not Clowney but picks.

We are quite the manic group, most are upset about trading for Clowney because “what happened to the tank for Tua plan”?

Well based on that tweet it sounds like they may be going full on Tank Mode!

If that is to be believed then trading Tunsil to Houston is all about getting value back for Tunsil in additional picks and Clowney is simply a comp pick when we don’t resign him.

Also suggests to me that they don’t see it in Rosen.

Not sure I’m on board with that.

A comp pick for Clowney which is at best a end of 3rd rounder for Clowney but you are gonna pay him $16 mil for one year?

Glad I’m not the owner

I think we need to get Washington involved.

Trent Williams to Houston
Williams isn’t playing for them and they drafted a 3rd round LT last year to prepare as Williams eventually replacement. They also need some cap relief and can’t take on Clowney’s contract.

Houston desperately wants a LT.

Clowney to Miami

We want him and are one of the few teams that can give him what he wants, $. Probably takes our defense to a whole other level.

Stills and a pick to Washington.

Maybe I’m not in the know but Washington’s WR’s look like a bunch of nobodies. Stills gives their new QB a legit deep threat, they get additional draft capital and save 4-5 million in cap space. I’m not sure Snyder would want Stills but I would think Stills would love to have that audience.

The only thing I can think of, as I said before , is Tunsil reps an MIA have talked contract extension and MIA FO thinks the amounts/years are way to high- I can't come up with anything else. (not saying I agree with it either but...).
there's nothing else to come up with. this is exactly it. their model does not involve paying OL ridiculous money. they tried to extend tunsil earlier this summer, and the numbers were way too high. at some point they will have to part ways. also, if they draft tua, RT becomes the new LT and you don't want to move tunsil nor is it likely he wants to move. he will get a max deal somewhere and it won't be miami.

Has Grier traded anyone yet?

Which qb are you concerned about with us. Fitz, Rosen?
Well obviously no one has been traded lol just that this is being debated is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure we should be evaluating Rosen who we just used a 2nd round pick on and not some journeyman QB. Don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom