Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report ain't Legit. Clowney can only play with a team for a year. He can walk after the year. This move will be dumb if we cant lock Clowney up.
I believe that's 2 years. We could franchise him for 2020. Of course that wouldn't be the preferred course of action.

The coach said last night and his post press conference there is no trade in place
And to me that seemed to be a very percise statement. Which to me means there prob is a deal, but it is not in place. "in place" is a very tricky statement IMO.

I just had a thought, and forgive me if it's already been brought up, but what if this trade rumor is a negotiation tactic by the Dolphins to get a cheaper extension for Tunsil? It would give the team a bit more leverage with the player if they knew he really didn't want to go to Houston. Once again, just a thought.

It not like we going be good...if u get 2 player for one go do trafe.

I just had a thought, and forgive me if it's already been brought up, but what if this trade rumor is a negotiation tactic by the Dolphins to get a cheaper extension for Tunsil? It would give the team a bit more leverage with the player if they knew he really didn't want to go to Houston. Once again, just a thought.
Not that Tunsil needed the validation - but I think all this rumor has done is get people talking about how he is the best young LT in the league. If anything it drives his value up, but realistically we were going to pay a pretty penny either way.

I was thinking the opposite. Maybe Miami was informed how much guaranteed money Tunsil wants.

I think it's all been quite clear no? Tunsil isnt being shopped but when asked we are asking for everything and the kitchen sink, so if Houston is that desperate to give you that and then some you make the move.

I love Tunsil and dont want him to leave but for the right package with the draft's that are coming up? I'd listen

Paying for value is acceptable....in the case of Tunsil, he shows up each game, does his job well and causes no embarrassments of the the field. Furthermore he plays one of the critical positions OLT that are difficult to fill even with high draft picks.

What I cannot tolerate of contracts like R. Jones (A box SS) and K. Alonzo (ILB/OLB with minimal pass rush skills and prone to foolish coverage mistakes)

Made little sense even at the time of signing and far less today.

I still believe football games are won in the trenches, run and shoot and arena ball be damned.

These leaks from Clowney's people that he doesn't want to play for Miami are probably a good thing, in that it probably kills any potential mega-trade deal. I sense that Bill O'Brien is/was really desperate and prepared to make any trade to get Tunsil. Houston are without a GM (and it shows). However, there is zero point in continuing any trade discussion if we can't get the Big Clown on a long term deal (and he doesn't want to be here). Paying Clowney top $, in this situation is a likely disaster averted (plus we keep Tunsil).

The unspoken assumption here is that....

Beasley knows more about the Dolphins locker room than the head coach & GM...

& that he has inside info on

what is being discussed between the Dolphins & Texans.

My money says that those are not 2 good assumptions :p

I suspect that if a trade like this did occur and some players complained; our new staff would replace them too.

The idea that the "locker room would riot" is childish. Unfortunately there are players who behave like spoiled brats. Good programs don't tolerate that nonsense or those players for long.

Ref: Brandon Marshall, one among many. Many tried him, but then tired of him. The more he talked, the less he seemed to play.

What’s the chances of something going down today or do this linger on into the season ?

Good job he isn't being traded then.
serveimage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom