Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins locker room would “revolt” if Laremy Tunsil traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report ain't Legit. Clowney can only play with a team for a year. He can walk after the year. This move will be dumb if we cant lock Clowney up.

Reports out that Houston has offered a 1st plus Clowney but we want more

Report: Texans offering Clowney, 1st-round pick in pursuit of Dolphins' Tunsil

Report: Texans offering Clowney, 1st-round pick in pursuit of Dolphins' Tunsil
Saw this report and it got me thinking. If we trade Tunsil for a 1st, a 2nd and Clowney would that be enough?

I absolutely hate the idea of trading away the first real LT we've had since pre-injury Jake Long for the record. But everything needs to be put on the table when you're rebuilding and it sounds like Houston is desperate so we may be able to juice them?

The coach said last night and his post press conference there is no trade in place
That quote worries me. "No trade in place" just means a deal hasn't been signed. It does not mean that one isn't in the works. You do not trade a young, franchise LT unless you get a haul like the Saints gave up to draft Ricky Williams or the Vikings gave up for Herschel Walker.

Last edited:
Same from Jackson

The Houston Texans have dangled a first-round draft choice and Pro Bowl edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney in a proposed trade for Dolphins left tackle Laremy Tunsil, but the Dolphins have asked for more than that, according to two league sources.

According to one person briefed on the discussions, the Dolphins have asked the Texans for another high draft pick in addition to Clowney and a first-round pick.

Same from Jackson

The Houston Texans have dangled a first-round draft choice and Pro Bowl edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney in a proposed trade for Dolphins left tackle Laremy Tunsil, but the Dolphins have asked for more than that, according to two league sources.

According to one person briefed on the discussions, the Dolphins have asked the Texans for another high draft pick in addition to Clowney and a first-round pick.

If Tannebum was still here this would have been a straight trade or Tunsil and our 1st.

**IF** Clowney were guaranteed to sign an extension this is a freaking no brainer. A first rounder (likely to be pick 18-22) & Clowney for Tunsil?? Are you kidding me. That's too good to be true. Tunsil is good but I think some of you are overvaluing him. He's not a probowler. He's a good LT but he's not great.

Also, looking ahead to the 2020 draft, it is loaded with tackles. We aren't creating a new hole, we're shifting it & we get another first. With 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a third, & 2 fourths we'll be able to find a new LT.

Saw this report and it got me thinking. If we trade Tunsil for a 1st, a 2nd and Clowney would that be enough?

I absolutely hate the idea of trading away the first real LT we've had since pre-injury Jake Long for the record. But everything needs to be put on the table when you're rebuilding and it sounds like Houston is desperate so we may be able to juice them?
I say no. Left tackles of Tunsil's caliber are just too hard to find. Houston would have to throw in a first and second in 2020 and 2021 for me to start considering.

I say no. Left tackles of Tunsil's caliber are just too hard to find. Houston would have to throw in a first and second in 2020 and 2021 for me to start considering.
So Clowney, 2x 1sts and 2x 2nds? I mean at that point, it's an absolute no brainer but it's completely out of the realm of possibility.

For those who think the beat writers never get any inside info I have news for you. Sam Giancana once said, "you can keep a secret between 3 people if two of them are dead"

Omar sucks and mando is hit or miss but this is something I can believe.
Hey! That was supposed to be a secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom