Report: Dolphins Told Ryan Tannehill He’ll Start If They Draft A First-round Qb | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins Told Ryan Tannehill He’ll Start If They Draft A First-round Qb

I doubt we trade up for a QB. If we trade up I think it'll be a small jump to leap the teams in front of us for a LB. I think Rosen has decent a shot to be there, even though he's the best QB in the draft, IMO.

The character concerns are just downright stupid. The durability concerns are legit.

My read on this:

Miami is probably interested in at least one of those top four quarterback prospects, if he falls to 11.

However, the only reason you say stuff like this is to try to entice someone to jump ahead of you for one of those prospects.
Or they plan on possibly drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Best case scenario the rookie develops on schedule and Tannehill has a very solid season. The rookie is ready to go in 2019 and Tannehill brings in a high draft pick via trade.

This would be an ideal situation for us.

The team has to do what it has to do. We are not here to support Ryan Tannehill's career and stats. It's the opposite. He is paid to lead us to greatness. So far it has not happened. He better get his sht together real quick.

So our OL is magically fixed bc pouncy is gone? Right now I see it as it possible has improved a bit, but there's still work to do there.
Addition by subtraction. Cancer affects the whole body, not just the local organ. Removed the tumor, now the body may flourish.

My read on this:

Miami is probably interested in at least one of those top four quarterback prospects, if he falls to 11.

However, the only reason you say stuff like this is to try to entice someone to jump ahead of you for one of those prospects.

^^^So much this

Best case scenario the rookie develops on schedule and Tannehill has a very solid season. The rookie is ready to go in 2019 and Tannehill brings in a high draft pick via trade.

This would be an ideal situation for us.

I have a problem with this way of thinking. In your scenario, we have RT that has a very solid season and we are going to dump him for a player with unproven abilities? That makes little sense.

Instead, if we get a developmental QB that progresses well and RT has a mediocre (or worse) season, we are then more comfortable moving on and see what we have in the youngster.

we're not drafting a QB at 11

It feels to me like the Dolphins really want everyone to think they are going to draft a quarterback in the first round, possibly even trade up for one. Meanwhile, Armando has us trading down to draft a defensive player.

The combination of these two things leads me to believe we are not drafting a first round quarterback.

I've pulled for Tanny since we drafted him, but he's never had legit competition for the starting job. Now we are saying it's his job even if we draft a qb? I say BS, if we draft a qb tonight it's an open competition. Let it be earned whoever it may be.

Back
Top Bottom