Report: Dolphins Told Ryan Tannehill He’ll Start If They Draft A First-round Qb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins Told Ryan Tannehill He’ll Start If They Draft A First-round Qb

I have a problem with this way of thinking. In your scenario, we have RT that has a very solid season and we are going to dump him for a player with unproven abilities? That makes little sense.

Instead, if we get a developmental QB that progresses well and RT has a mediocre (or worse) season, we are then more comfortable moving on and see what we have in the youngster.
Well, I said solid season. That would mean as a 30 going on 31 year old QB in 2019 he's got a few solid seasons under his belt -- NONE elite. And a history of knee injuries. I wouldn't have a problem "dumping" that at 31 years old for unproven but potential to be great.

Dolphins need star QB. Too make gm and head coach look good....thill17 need to many pieces to win in nfl.. we do not have front office or coaching staff to help thill17 out. His clock is ticking in Miami... drafting a young QB buy time for coach and gm from getting fire as hc and gm...

Dolphins need star QB. Too make gm and head coach look good....thill17 need to many pieces to win in nfl.. we do not have front office or coaching staff to help thill17 out. His clock is ticking in Miami...

Too bad those are the hardest things to come by. We need to stop acting like its soooooo easy to just pick up an elite QB.

Shades of Rivers and Brees. How did that work out for SD?
Not terribly for either team. What about Smith and Kaepernick? SF got picks for Smith but nothing for Kaepernick. What about Smith and Mahomes? Apparently a single decent start is enough to annoint Mahones. Poor Alex Smith--he always gets traded after his best (by far) seasons.

Too bad those are the hardest things to come by. We need to stop acting like its soooooo easy to just pick up an elite QB.
man we have not had QB sense 1999.trent green,mat Moore,thill, Pennington. They are avg.they have given us good hope....

Last edited:
It nothing wrong w trying..we are not Superbowl team....if we want won u got to take chances.... thill17 is avg at best....if u want be in 6 to 9 win a yr. Than u should keep thill17...it not like coach job is safe w him....

So it should be, he's a starting caliber QB in the NFL, whomever we draft, if we draft one, will not be ready next year, certainly shouldn't be ahead a 7 year starter. That doesn't mean we shouldn't draft a QB tonight because using a 3rd day pick on a guy, as a lot of folks on here want to do, is not a good solution to our needs, we'll forever be a .500 team if we persist in the current status quo.

It nothing wrong w trying..we are not Superbowl team....if we want won u got to take chances.... thill17 is avg at best....if u want be in 6 to 9 win a yr. Than u should keep thill17...it not like coach job is safe w him....

Well I think there is harm in trying. If your mortgaging the future and miss, you're making matters worse. Not to say we should never take chances, but you definitely need to be very certain on what you're getting.

We are rock bottom. We have not been to SB in 35 yr. I don't think they are going draft QB in first 2 Rd. But they are going draft QB within next 1 to .3 yr. Thill17 replacement .. It going happen soon...

Last edited:
We are rock bottom. We have not been to SB in 35 yr. I don't think they are going draft QB in first 2 Rd. But they are going draft QB within next 1 to .3 yr. Thill17 replacement .. It going happen soon...

I agree. It could happen tonight too.

Drafting a lb... That not going help us won game.. you think a rookie is better than Suh. He tried and fail. It still go take this guy 2 to 3 yr to be good. If he is good after 5 yr. He go want big contract... Dolphins will be too cheap and let him walk .

Sure......Tanny starts at least for those first 4 games that he consistently comes out flat in, then they'll be starting the rookie.

Sure......Tanny starts at least for those first 4 games that he consistently comes out flat in, then they'll be starting the rookie.
the bottom line dolphins is not going give thill17. no big contract again. They will draft 1st rd qb to take his place

Back
Top Bottom