------ REPORT: Jake Long #3 LT in 2009 NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------ REPORT: Jake Long #3 LT in 2009 NFL

Mile High Fin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
ProFootballFocus.com
This is the most complete, unbiased source for player evaluation in the NFL (outside of NFL personnel departments, ha):

They have a team of people watching EVERY PLAY for EVERY PLAYER on tape.
This is as close to a true SCOUTING REPORT/EVALUATION as anyone will every get:

NOTE: As of today (Monday, 11/23), they don't have yesterday's games completed yet, but they DO have Miami's Thursday game included, so Jake Long has 10 games evaluated, whereas all others have 9 games evaluated.

2009 NFL Season-to-date:
Jake Long ranked #3 LT (behind Joe Thomas & barely behind D'Brick)
Ryan Clady ranked #6 LT

Note: all tackles shown here, with games played at LT or RT indicated.
Also, great to see Vernon Carey by FAR the #1 RT.

Link:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=T&stype=r&runpasteamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

Ferguson is the second best LT in the league? Lol.. where did that come from?

our guards are MIA (missing in action) and yeah grove is listed as the number 3 C.

So according to these stats.

• Will Vernon make his first Pro Bowl?
  • How the hell is Fasano the 2nd best TE in the league? All his boxes are red.
  • Lou Polite-The best FB.. Of course.. :up: He's one of the most underrated players in the NFL
  • Starks 2nd best DE..
  • Taylor 5th best OLB..

I don't know about this thing, but according to it, we have 3 of the top 14 3-4 DE's in the league, and two of the top 7.

Will Vernon make his first Pro Bowl?

He absolutely should....

90% of Dolphins fans don't even realize how good our 2 Tackles are playing this year....
They'll say, yeah, our tackles are good....
However, they are BOTH absolutely playing LIGHTS OUT compared with other tackles this year. And, to boot, they're BOTH young....

site is ****ing awesome!!

not to go off-track, but according to this site, Cameron Wake is 3rd to only D.Ware and J.Harrison as far as 3-4 OLB go!!!!!

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi...stype=r&runpasteamid=-1&numsnaps=0&numgames=1

Remember, Cam Wake is evaluated on only the time he's played.

Maybe Wake wouldn't maintain that high of performance if he was playing full-time.... (Fatigue, etc).
Just a thought, but still awesome to see him evaluated so well.

This site KNOWS what it's doing....

Cool site...Definitely verifies what we know are our strengths and weaknesses. Some things look a bit off though. WR has Cotchery and Bess ahead of Randy Moss. I love Bess, but come on now!

So strictly based on pure running performance, Adrian Peterson is only the 15th best in the NFL... hmmmm

OK...site is addictive! Wonder how they compile these stats, but they have Joe Thomas and Jeff Backus in the top 3 for run blocking, yet their teams are in the bottom third of the league in rushing yards and are both ahead of Jordan Gross and Jake whom have teams in the top 3 in team rushing.

OK...site is addictive! Wonder how they compile these stats, but they have Joe Thomas and Jeff Backus in the top 3 for run blocking, yet their teams are in the bottom third of the league in rushing yards and are both ahead of Jordan Gross and Jake whom have teams in the top 3 in team rushing.

This is not a contradiction necessarily.

Joe Thomas could be dominating HIS man, but the rest of Cleveland's OL is crap, so the other 4 OL screw up the play....
This bears out, when you see that Cleveland's 2 Guards are ranked #51 and #76 (dead last overall, and dead last in run blocking).

The TEAM performance in rushing relies on EVERYONE being good and/or average (ie, no glaring weak links), not necessarily ONE awesome blocker. And, a stud FB, stud blocking-TEs, good WRs (taking heat off stacking box), etc, also contribute to TEAM rushing.

I'm telling you one of the biggest unsung heros in our pass prot has got to be vernon. Ppl never give the man credit on here but he's a beast! Watching tape on this guy I have always seen him take his man out of the play.. I know ppl on here love Jake but Vernon is our best olinemen by far, I can't wait to see them smash the pats @home!! Cheers boy..

Back
Top Bottom