Report: Martin had drug issues (Pouncey too?) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Martin had drug issues (Pouncey too?)

I actually believe Martin when he says he felt "trapped". I think after two years of trying to "fit in" with the vulgarity, drugs, etc. he broke down and quit. "Bullied" might not be the right word - maybe "peer group pressure" is. At any rate, he's done - but the fallout, if nothing else, has given us a view into the Dolphins world that I almost wish I hadn't seen.
Maybe the drug culture is a reason why Martin was reticent to talk to Philbin and Sherman. The name calling still sounds pretty weak but I can see pretty strong intimidation from players like Pouncey and Incognito if the bigger issue was the drugs. In terms of established O-line leadership, although younger, Pouncey was probably established as the alpha dog. Remember that the Hernandez charges had happened many months earlier, but Pouncey's friendship with Hernandez was well known.

and if they are hitting Pouncey's after the night club, and Martin says he skipped out because he didn't want to do more drugs, then chances are good he's referring to coke. Regardless of what drugs they are doing, our coach is clueless.

pot is nothing to these guys. they are getting high like rock stars.

Exactly, you don't go to the clubs in Miami (that close at 8am) and then go back to someone's house to continue to party with Mary Jane. These guys were blowing lines and doing ecstasy. Which ironically stays in your system for about 3 days....so there is less concern for violating the leagues substance abuse programs.

Although Pouncey will not be under the microscope, shouldn't be in any kind of trouble. Lots of players use drugs....prescribed or illegally, I don't care.

Back
Top Bottom