Report: Martin had drug issues (Pouncey too?) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Martin had drug issues (Pouncey too?)

Incognito was high? Oh nooooo! Cmon man. Who doesn't smoke weed?

I don't think anybody cares about the weed, outside of the impact it has on the team due to suspensions and whatnot. The references to much harder drugs are the issue.

Great, so Pouncey's the god damn drug lord on the team. Awesome.

He'll talk about how it was the old him and the Dolphins will recommend him to go into a rehab center or something like that, and 4 months later it's all forgotten. Everyone goes back to Pouncey's for drug parties. Ugh....this team sometimes.

And for all the people that think getting good guys on this roster is a bad thing. There is a difference between guys with integrity and *******. You can see what a guy that behaves like Pouncey can do to a team, especially its young and impressionable players. Not defending Martin, but you want leaders and players that live and breath the game not live and breath the opportunities the games money gives them.

Bad leaders are real leaders.

Sometimes, the most "real" kind.

IT's what makes them seductive and destructive.

Very true.. we need the right kind of leaders on this team because drug lord Pouncey isn't cutting it! And I bet that stuff you had (allegedly) back in the 80's was the dankidy dank! Haha if stuff today was still around today I would have one lit up right now!

And for all the people that think getting good guys on this roster is a bad thing. There is a difference between guys with integrity and *******. You can see what a guy that behaves like Pouncey can do to a team, especially its young and impressionable players. Not defending Martin, but you want leaders and players that live and breath the game not live and breath the opportunities the games money gives them.

Well said! Lets hope we can get that team with players that live and breath the game! See ya later Pouncey!

LOL@ at those who ever thought we could get a draft pick for Martin...............

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Do yall really think Martin felt bullied, please will you all let go of that fantasy. Martin NEVER felt bullied, this was made up from his agent and PR team to save his contract after quitting...

LOL@ at those who ever thought we could get a draft pick for Martin...............

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Do yall really think Martin felt bullied, please will you all let go of that fantasy. Martin NEVER felt bullied, this was made up from his agent and PR team to save his contract after quitting...
I actually believe Martin when he says he felt "trapped". I think after two years of trying to "fit in" with the vulgarity, drugs, etc. he broke down and quit. "Bullied" might not be the right word - maybe "peer group pressure" is. At any rate, he's done - but the fallout, if nothing else, has given us a view into the Dolphins world that I almost wish I hadn't seen.

I think we need to sign a bunch of married old guys for OL so they will stay focused

Not a bad agenda for Hickey to pursue. Hard to get "high character" guys with talent to come down to the land of Crockett & Tubbs, but it's a necessity. The environment of Miami MUST factor in to personnel decisions.

South Florida and New Orleans are TOUGH places to keep the guys "focused". My youngest brother used to have some contact with former Saints players a while back and I have heard it's not pretty. All the $$$ they could ever hope for and literally EVERYTHING one can imagine to spend it on is a BAD combo.

And if you all think the heat are immune...

Sherman went to school with Martin so its not surprising

I shudder to think of the exotic chemistry that must be available in NoCal.

I am kind of surprised that the 9ers and raidahs don't have issues like this. The raidahs seem to have these things happen but it gets lost in the general nihilist persona of the team and fan base.

Meh...

Martin is no longer on the team and likely out of the NFL. Not a Dolphins issue.

Incog is no longer on the team and likely out of the NFL. Not a Dolphins issue.

Pouncey will need to walk a clean path for the next year or so and lay off the trees.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Lay off the trees? The gist of those messages suggest that Pouncey is into some HARD drugs that even Incognito wouldnt do. Thats bad. Pouncey needs to go.

molly is such a garbage mainstream drug. i could get a better experience for less money than that crap.

Back
Top Bottom