report - Miami and Detroit discussed a trade | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

report - Miami and Detroit discussed a trade

I think this OT talk is a favor to Detroit. They can negotiate with the Giants to flip picks. And, we have terms tentatively in place with detroit for either the 3 or 4 spot.

Don't forget Detroit and Miami are full of friendly faces.
Why trade to 4 if Detroit moves down 1 spot? They take their CB, we get Tua.

Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua Tua
Herbert

yes. it was a very similar situation (I remember cuz my good friend is a bears fan).

They paid late picks to move up from 3 to 2 becaust the team moving down to 3 wanted to stay in (similar to lions)

Ok again I stand corrected no doubt but my only counter would be did teams feel the same way about trubisky as a trade up target that I feel they do about tua?

We won’t ever get an answer but I know I didn’t see them on the same level as prospects.

What if Detroit agreed to trade 3 for 18 and 26 and we keep 5 you guys making that trade if your Miami and are you making that trade if you Detroit?

Anyone you do like for the RT spot, outside of Wills / Wirfs

I haven’t looked at a lot of right tackles mainly cause I think they see davis as viable but the kid Driscoll from auburn interest me as a mid round value for it. He’s got a little something going for him that I like.

If psu drops names for it I’d pay attention to him. He’s one of the better evaluators I’ve come across on this board in terms of talent.

This is left tackle but I’m higher on sadique Charles and Austin Jackson than a lot of folks. Charles may lack the ideal left tackle frame he kinda looks a little boxy to me but he gets the job done. He’s got a lot of skeletons in the closet though.

Jackson has things that need to be worked out kinks in his game etc and he absolutely must get stronger a little fleshy witb the body at the combine but I tell ya what when I watch him move he looks the part. I think he’s got as much upside as any body in this class at any position and I also think he’s going higher than projected. Like it wouldn’t surprise me if Miami didn’t get a left tackle prior if they plucked him at 18 or 26 tonight. He’s got the frame the wing span and the tools to develop into a damn good player in 2 years

What if Detroit agreed to trade 3 for 18 and 26 and we keep 5 you guys making that trade if your Miami and are you making that trade if you Detroit?
Assuming pick 3 is QB. I only make that trade for Simmons or young. If OT is the pick at 5 that trade is a huge mistake.

...if we blow significant assets to jump 2 spots
to grab a player with "off the chart" injury concerns
we deserve to suck for another 20 years!

If this happens I have to believe Ross is FORCING
the issue and reaching to appease the fan base as
opposed to doing the best thing to build the program
on a solid foundation -- that's sustainable and not
using "glass" as a cornerstone.

Seriously if some other team is willing to trade up
to #3 to do THAT then let 'em! There are a number
of very solid QB projects in this draft and there's
another draft in '21!

Grab a bunch of great players and just keep moving
forward -- don't REACH for "greatness" like some
kind of carnival act!

Stay @5 and if Tua is there OK. But for gawds sakes
wasting additional assets on such a medical red flag
is beyond "aggressive," -- it's freaking STUPID!

Thank you!!!

I don't know if reported, but Rotoworld is reporting Miami is trying to acquire #3 from Detroit without giving up #5 IN ORDER to offer #3 and #5 to Cincy for #1.

I suspect previously posted with this much attention on today.

Miami attempting "Godfather" offer

EDIT: Found it in the 2020 Draft Thread. Sorry

Last edited:
I don't know if reported, but Rotoworld is reporting Miami is trying to acquire #3 from Detroit without giving up #5 IN ORDER to offer #3 and #5 to Cincy for #1.

I suspect previously posted with this much attention on today.

Miami attempting "Godfather" offer

EDIT: Found it in the 2020 Draft Thread. Sorry
But I was told by a superior poster I was posting nonsense. :shrug:

Breer: 'I Can't Find Anyone' Who Believes Dolphins Draft Tua Tagovailoa at No. 5
SCOTT POLACEKAPRIL 23, 202020

Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa (13) throws a pass against Mississippi State during the first half of an NCAA college football game in Starkville, Miss., Saturday, Nov. 16, 2019. (AP Photo/Rogelio V. Solis)

Rogelio V. Solis/Associated Press
The Miami Dolphins may not draft Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa after all.
"I can't find anyone inside the league who believes Miami is taking Tagovailoa at No. 5—which could mean that GM Chris Grier's put up a tremendous smokescreen," Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated wrote.
Breer noted "there have been rumblings" the Dolphins and Los Angeles Chargers, who have the No. 6 pick, "may pass on the position altogether at those spots and address tackle needs instead."
On the surface, taking potential franchise quarterbacks makes sense for Miami and Los Angeles.
The Dolphins haven't won a playoff game since the 2000 campaign and have largely been afterthoughts in the AFC East while Tom Brady dominated for the New England Patriots. However, Brady is no longer on the Patriots, and there is a vacancy for a new quarterback to emerge as the top option in the division.

As for the Chargers, Philip Rivers joined the Indianapolis Colts after starting every single game for the AFC West team during the last 16 years. If there was ever a time to start over at the position with a new rookie who could occupy the spot for seasons to come, it would be now.
Bleacher Report's Matt Miller projected the Dolphins to select Tagovailoa and the Chargers to take Herbert in his most recent mock draft.
Still, Breer's suggestion that both teams could take offensive tackles is also notable.
Football Outsiders ranked the Dolphins' offensive line as the worst run-blocking unit in the league and 28th-best pass-blocking unit in the league last season. The Chargers were better but have room for improvement at 13th-best in run blocking and ninth-best in pass protection.
There are a number of potential candidates for both teams to select in the top 10, as Miller projected Iowa's Tristan Wirfs, Alabama's Jedrick Wills Louisville's Mekhi Becton, Georgia's Andrew Thomas, Houston's Josh Jones and USC's Austin Jackson in the top 20.

Back
Top Bottom