report - Miami and Detroit discussed a trade | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

report - Miami and Detroit discussed a trade

Here’s what it comes down to.

if we draft Tua and he’s a bust or gets hurt, we have so many other picks and will likely have a chance to get another player and will set ourselves back roughly 2 years.

if Tua is great, He’s great 10 years.

to me you take the chance

Surprised we've not heard any confirmation of this or any other trade, bearing in mind the chatter about getting these done before teams went on the clock. Maybe deals are already set up, with agreements in principle, waiting for stuff like, what does Washington do at #2 before finalising. Or maybe the NFL has told teams to wait to create more drama :)
My guess is the comish has asked them to not announce anything ahead of time, but I also think any trades are contingent of a player being there

Schefty is reporting the 18th, 26th & 39th picks for the 3rd. That's A LOT to give up to move up two slots........to get Tua
I really dont think there's a first-round talent OT available at 18. The true first-rnd-quality tackles will be gone in the top 15 and any other 1st-rnd tackles taken after that will be mild to severe reaches. If Miami can get the QB and tackle they want they still 'win'. However, it really makes those extra games they won in 2019 a very painful sacrifice.

Back
Top Bottom