Report: Miami Dolphins to work out former All-SEC Linebacker Erroll Thompson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Miami Dolphins to work out former All-SEC Linebacker Erroll Thompson

Maybe Cunningham can't stand the mess that Houston is and his attitude decayed- I am not one to say we should sign every guy who gets released, but with our cap room, I'd be certainly calling his agent. Man, he'd be a sweet addition to this defense.
I would want some answers as to the reason he was being a discipline problem, obviously.

Maybe Cunningham can't stand the mess that Houston is and his attitude decayed- I am not one to say we should sign every guy who gets released, but with our cap room, I'd be certainly calling his agent. Man, he'd be a sweet addition to this defense.
I would want some answers as to the reason he was being a discipline problem, obviously.
From my understanding whoever clams him is only on the hook for 900K.

Three of the last four teams they play are in the top half of the league in rushing. Miami doesn't really have a "Thumper" in the middle. Thompson is a thumper. He may not make the team, and he may not be active, but low risk and could be that Thumper in the middle on obvious running downs, especially with them moving Baker back outside.

One Dolphins lineman is ranked 160 out of 162. You think it will be difficult to find a lineman in the top 150.....maybe? Better than top 160 :cool:
The point on bringing in new O-Linemen should not be to bring in top 150 Llinemen, they have been doing that in the offseason for ever, but to try and bring in a top 50...Maybe two.

Last edited:
Ummm..........Houston just waived Zach Cunningham. WTF?

Cunningham was top LB prospect coming out of College...This is a bit shocking.

Wondering what happened, and if Miami takes a look at him also.

What cap space? After the season they will have a lot of cap space to sign free agents but right now they don’t have enough cap space to sign my 12 year old grandson. I just checked the latest Cap for the Dolphins and right now they have a negative cap space over $800, 000.

What cap space? After the season they will have a lot of cap space to sign free agents but right now they don’t have enough cap space to sign my 12 year old grandson. I just checked the latest Cap for the Dolphins and right now they have a negative cap space over $800, 000.
Not true. Currently sit at 3.1m (if you are using Spotrac they use all contracts where only the Top 51 count against the cap). So both numbers are technically correct.

Obviously this year they'd have to work something out. But earlier it was posted his hit for this year is only like 900,000. We could probably do something.

3.1 mil according to this.

Back
Top Bottom