Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection

People act as if every draft slot comes with some kind of guarantee or predetermined "performance certification."

There's ZERO guarantee a player selected #6 is going to be a superior pro to a player selected #26.

Sometimes it's just like -- it's pick #6 and you have to take somebody but the odds are (historically) there's a better pick!

Folks need to let things develop and stop all this formula driven nonsense!

The infatuation with immediate superstar performance is...misplaced. Pitts and Chase will be good. Just get that in your heads. The success of the trade will be fine UNLESS Waddle doesn't suit up, catches 1 pass or fights dogs. As someone who wanted Pitts/Chase badly I didn't want to miss out on either but....

The more I thought about Waddle the more he was my 1c. He fits what Miami does better than Pitts who replicates Giesecki (albeit potentially more game changing I admit), and Chase who replicates Parker (albeit Chase got Alpha written all over him). Waddle and Fuller alone add more dimensions to the DOLPHINS than any we've had in years. Years!

I say wait until more than just this year to deem the trade a success or failure. But then again, Tua is already a...Nevermind. We wait. 😂😂😂

I won't admit anything for probably 3 years unless it becomes very apparent we either struck gold or busted out. For the record, are you saying it was a bad move? If so will you change your tune if he outperforms the guys selected ahead of him or is on par? We still do have another 1st round pick from moving back.

I think it was the riskiest pick out of all the pass catching options we had at that spot and at #3. If Waddle plays anything like Tyreek Hill, I will gladly admit he was the best choice and that I was wrong and it was a good trade.

I think it was the riskiest pick out of all the pass catching options we had at that spot and at #3. If Waddle plays anything like Tyreek Hill, I will gladly admit he was the best choice and that I was wrong and it was a good trade.
The thing is they all have elements of risk. We mitigated risk by acquiring another 1st.

I'd say if anything, if Pitts busts out or doesn't become a top 3 TE within 3 years then trading back was absolutely the correct move regardless of what Waddle does.

This trade has huge ramifications for Grier. He didn’t just pass on Sewell, Pitts, and Chase. He passed on Fields and Lance. If these guys become Mahommes and Watson it’s a major red flag on his evaluation of college talent. They weren’t married to Tua. The Cardinals already proved that concept to be true.

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.

So he has 300 yards and misses 6 games next year...and then is an all pro the next 5...bad trade right lol

The thing is they all have elements of risk. We mitigated risk by acquiring another 1st.

I'd say if anything, if Pitts busts out or doesn't become a top 3 TE within 3 years then trading back was absolutely the correct move regardless of what Waddle does.

I think Waddle and D. Smith will always be the comparison regardless of what Pitts does. Because we had the option to get D. Smith even after the trade and he was the consensus to be picked a few months ago. If D. Smith does not pan out, Waddle will have less to prove.

So he has 300 yards and misses 6 games next year...and then is an all pro the next 5...bad trade right lol

I literally said if he outproduces the other WRs then no. If he at any point has very good games than he at least has potential. But if he is injured 6 games and only cracks 100 yds receiving in 1 game and has like 2 TD's then it was a horrible pick and it all has to compare to what his draft mates do as well.

It is funny how many of you want to compare Tua to Herbert but then refuse to compare Waddle to Smith, Chase or Pitts. Cherry picking those arguments. Some of you.

Waddle was the player I wanted with the pick at 3. So getting him at 6, along with an extra first in 2023 and 3rd in 2022 just makes his selection that much better. I expect Chase and Pitts to be very good players in the NFL but I would rather have Waddle than either of these two players.

This trade has huge ramifications for Grier. He didn’t just pass on Sewell, Pitts, and Chase. He passed on Fields and Lance. If these guys become Mahommes and Watson it’s a major red flag on his evaluation of college talent. They weren’t married to Tua. The Cardinals already proved that concept to be true.
So you would have drafted a QB? The beauty of hindsight is there's always something to be critical of. It's been years since we've had a young ascending team with such a bright future so I guess I don't understand all the negativity. If Tua succeeds then all the kudos the FO gets is "well they should have drafted him, easy pick" . If they draft a QB and trade away Tua and he succeeds elsewhere it's an even bigger shitshow.

Back
Top Bottom