Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection

So you take one freak injury in his entire career so far and extrapolate that we all have to hope he's not injury prone...ok...my fingers are crossed!!
Exactly...I tend to consider such things when my team uses a top 6 pick on a guy who missed most of the previous season with a bad injury

Pick 6 and we already building in excuses for potential lack of consistent production at wr

😂
I haven't seen any excuses for the WR corps as a whole. I've just seen reasons why Waddle might not lead the team in receiving. I don't think it's a new concept that rookie WR's typically don't dominate the league.

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.
I have to agree with other posts that it is not a good evaluation of Waddle to look at his stats the first year. I do think we will be comparing Waddle to Smith and Chase throughout their careers to determine if we grabbed the best WR in the draft. We will also compare Tua and Herbert forever to see if we made the right choice. I am quietly optimistic about this years draft. I say quietly because the fins have made me cry for too many years now.

So you take one freak injury in his entire career so far and extrapolate that we all have to hope he's not injury prone...ok...my fingers are crossed!!

Do you not hope every player isn't injury prone?

Also yeah when a guy is coming off an injury you hope it doesn't cause any long term impact and/or isn't a sign of something to come injury wise in the future.

I hope it works out, Waddle needs to be really good or Pitts & Chase not so good to make this trade successful!

Grier went all in on the Alabama plan the last two years...The two very high picks used on Tua/Waddle vs Herbert/Pitts are how I see it!
Well said @BlueFin . That's it in a nutshell.

Ultimately, your QB is the biggest force multiplier a team can have. If Herbert continues his trajectory to greatness, Grier will always have that working against him. But if Tua maximizes his efficiency, we still win. Waddle has great potential ... and at 5'10 and 180 lbs. he's definitely small ... but seems to be at the minimums for acceptable NFL size, so it can work for him. If he becomes a Mark Duper type player, we'll be ecstatic. But at the end of the day, a decade of Herbert to Chase would go a long way towards restoring the Dolphins dynasty. We'll need to see Waddle really become a super star and Tua needs to step up dramatically. Let's hope they make it happen. Fins up!

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.
Disagree. His presence on the field could help other receivers more-so than himself in many situations. His impact can't be fully counted in yards.

I hope it works out, Waddle needs to be really good or Pitts & Chase not so good to make this trade successful!

Grier went all in on the Alabama plan the last two years...The two very high picks used on Tua/Waddle vs Herbert/Pitts are how I see it!
Raekwon as well!

Also, Waddle could be our faster, twitchier, Nat Moore. He runs great routes, has great hands, he thinks he is the best (Alpha), and I hear that he is a team guy.

We shall see, but I think he is going to do very well.

This trade has huge ramifications for Grier. He didn’t just pass on Sewell, Pitts, and Chase. He passed on Fields and Lance. If these guys become Mahommes and Watson it’s a major red flag on his evaluation of college talent. They weren’t married to Tua. The Cardinals already proved that concept to be true.
That is a fair point. Perhaps it is not any one given pick, but the total of 20 players drafted over the three years.
Tua’ development is crucial, but so is the OL (Jackson, Kindley, Hunt, Eichenberg, and even still Deiter), RB guys, etc

lulwut? Injuries happen and are not predictable. If Pitts misses more than 4 games is it automatically a good trade? What a ridiculous standard.

Back
Top Bottom