Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection

I don’t know why people here are obsessed with comparing players based on their statistics with zero context. Maybe it is due to how easy it is to find the information with minimal effort; I don’t know. Pitts and Chase are on teams that, frankly speaking, don’t even have a shot at winning their divisions. I don’t care what numbers they put up in garbage time blow outs. I care how our rookies help us win games. Waddle will help the team win games just being on the field and forcing the opponents to respect his speed.
Waddle wasn't my first choice but I liked your post because you make a great point. People rely too heavily on stats with no context.

I can't believe people are already stating what's a bad trade based on what a rookie does his first year. Each situation is different. Chase is going to a place to replace AJ Green, so he's already set up to get more passes. Smith is the same, no competition. Waddle is coming to a team who have established vets, and then some. This year we just want waddle to establish himself, learn the game and make some plays when they're available.

I could say the same thing leaving out the situational aspect. There is a rush to crown a rookie as hof or label him a bust after 1 year. The internet is like an eternal toddler, everything has to be instant gratification.

This trade has huge ramifications for Grier. He didn’t just pass on Sewell, Pitts, and Chase. He passed on Fields and Lance. If these guys become Mahommes and Watson it’s a major red flag on his evaluation of college talent. They weren’t married to Tua. The Cardinals already proved that concept to be true.

Who said they aren't married to Tua? What do the Cardinals have to do with anything? They aren't exactly the archetype of a successful organization. Why would what they do be at all relevant to what the Dolphins do?

For that matter, what the hell does any of your post mean? Just out of curiousity, every GM that passed on Brady, is their ability to evaluate college talent suspect as well? Based on your reasoning, any GM that passes on what you perceive to be the best draft pick in any draft has suspect evaluation talent.

Like it or not, it appears the Dolphins drafted who they wanted and picked up extra draft capitol in the process.

Nobody has a crystal ball and nobody can say if any draft pick will pan out. Even if Waddle is a bust it is still a good pick and a good trade because we got the guy we wanted and we got extra picks. That is a win.

Same thing with our next four picks. We wanted Phillips, Holland, Liam, and Long. On the Dolphin's board they were all clear cut BPA and were also positions of need.

Just because some of you had a different board it doesn't change the facts.

For those of you that can, go read the latest Chamber's file if you haven't yet.

“If waddle is a bust it’s still a good pick”

wtf is wrong with y’all? It’s pick 6 for gods sakes

this front office got folks right where they want em...walking planks

“If waddle is a bust it’s still a good pick”

wtf is wrong with y’all? It’s pick 6 for gods sakes

this front office got folks right where they want em...walking planks
Yeah Im really not sure how passing on you can defend Grier if D. Smith looks like an all pro and Waddle is injured constantly

Yeah Im really not sure how passing on you can defend Grier if D. Smith looks like an all pro and Waddle is injured constantly
The same Smith that many here wouldn't touch in the 7th round because he's too skinny?

What about Waddle says injury prone?

The same Smith that many here wouldn't touch in the 7th round because he's too skinny?

What about Waddle says injury prone?
The injury card on this site is ridiculous. It is basically if it wasn't the player I wanted I will find a way to but the injury card in the other guy.

The fact is none of the top 4 pass catchers fall under injury prone types. It is funny that most the people that bring up Waddle and say well I hope he can stay healthy loved Pitts but then the concussion was just bad luck. Don't like Smith well he is a twig and can't handle the NFL despite studies that say size doesn't correlate to injury.

The injury card on this site is ridiculous. It is basically if it wasn't the player I wanted I will find a way to but the injury card in the other guy.

The fact is none of the top 4 pass catchers fall under injury prone types. It is funny that most the people that bring up Waddle and say well I hope he can stay healthy loved Pitts but then the concussion was just bad luck. Don't like Smith well he is a twig and can't handle the NFL despite studies that say size doesn't correlate to injury.
For some they come here to bitch and moan regardless of what the Fins do or don't do.

Could never watch a game with some of these people.

Pick 6 an

d we already building in excuses for potential lack of consistent production at wr

😂
Hasn't taken a snap yet and we're already looking for reasons to say he's a bust

;)

Some of you are a joke. Saying crap like a rookie WR should lead the team his first year or he's a bust. You have no clue how the NFL works and your "knowledge" comes from ESPN or Cowherd. But for some reason your voice gets to be as loud as everyone else's. This forum needs a thumbs down or "eyeroll" reaction so maybe some of these retard hot take artists can realize they aren't quite as smart as they think they are. It really makes coming here obnoxious sometimes.

Fit matters. For example, IMO Chase is a much better fit in Cincy than he would have been in Miami. Whatever Chase does there (and my guess is that he'll play well), I don't believe he would have done as well here. Pitts is tough b/c so much will depend on how well he's used. I think it's impossible to project how he would do elsewhere. Smith, though, is one guy who I think might have been a better fit in Miami than in Philly. Waddle is a great fit in Miami, but his impact will be about more than just his catches and yards. It will include what the rest of the offense does. And obviously how well Tua plays will affect that as well. So I don't think it's as simple as saying X number of catches = good pick, or fewer catches than whatever other player = bad pick.
Great post. Fit totally matters for most players. Specially QB's and WR's.

Raekwon as well!

Also, Waddle could be our faster, twitchier, Nat Moore. He runs great routes, has great hands, he thinks he is the best (Alpha), and I hear that he is a team guy.

We shall see, but I think he is going to do very well.

Agree.

He got injured & could have opted out.

However, he worked like a demon to get back to help stomp mudhole in theeeee osu

Hasn't taken a snap yet and we're already looking for reasons to say he's a bust

;)

Some of you are a joke. Saying crap like a rookie WR should lead the team his first year or he's a bust. You have no clue how the NFL works and your "knowledge" comes from ESPN or Cowherd. But for some reason your voice gets to be as loud as everyone else's. This forum needs a thumbs down or "eyeroll" reaction so maybe some of these retard hot take artists can realize they aren't quite as smart as they think they are. It really makes coming here obnoxious sometimes.
:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom