Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report sheds new light on Miami Dolphins’ bold offseason, Jaylen Waddle selection

I could care less about madden or any of that other bs. If you take a wr at 6 and he’s not producing at a high clip on a weekly basis in terms of consistency of production than you got hozed.

point blank period. And I don’t care if gesucky or any of these other “retards” want to tell ya any different.

wake the f up. This is pick 6 if you aren’t getting tyreek hill return here you failed with that trade out and pick investment in the player. Even then tyreek hill himself probably doesn’t go top 6 in a draft redo. A guy that played on the boundary and made a living there like Steve smith yeah maybe but miamis already got true boundary types in dvp and Preston williams in-house and has to make room for one year rental right now at least will fuller (assuming he doesn’t get popped for peds again or the peds did a lot of the driving prior to him getting popped...kids had a lot of soft tissue injuries in his pro career)

and steve smith was a whole nother level of mean and nasty and enforcer than your freshly minted built like a kick returner slot wr add at 6 mind you.
So youi're saying if he's not playing at a Tyreek Hill level, but his play is helping the team win and the offense is clicking at a high level it was a bad trade. And that it was a bad trade even if he turns out to be more impactful than Chase or Pitts, but is still not at the Hill level they made a bad trade? Not arguing with you, just want to be clear that that's what you're saying. The trade is graded by how he compares to other players in the league not how he impacts the team or how he compares to player selected ahead of him in this draft.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put it as blankly as Hoops, but look, your 6 pick better be good.
When you consider:
1) Where predominantly slot WRs are usually drafted and how much they are paid
2) The crowded WR room Miami has already
3) The characteristics of the player prob not lending themselves to him carrying a receiving offense on his back
4) How rare it is to have the 3 pick in your hand
5) The performance of your QB being something of an unanswered question to date
6) Miami's long experience of getting stuck in the middle-of-the-pack treadmill

Anyone who thinks this draft in particular won't be analysed constantly after the event for possible better choices is CRAZY.

The best way to mitigate that is for Waddle to have a great career.

So youi're saying if he's not playing at a Tyreek Hill level, but his play is helping the team win and the offense is clicking at a high level it was a bad trade. And that it was a bad trade even if he turns out to be more impactful than Chase or Pitts, but is still not at the Hill level they made a bad trade? Not arguing with you, just want to be clear that that's what you're saying. The trade is graded by how he compares to other players in the league not how he impacts the team or how he compares to player selected ahead of him in this draft.

if you taking a wr top 6 you need high level consistent production period. Tyreek hill went what undrafted or something? He wasn’t no top 10 pick i know that much. He even took 2 years to really show out but a top 10 pick is under a lot more scrutiny. They will nitpick what you can’t do not what you can. Remember Ted ginn at pick 9 years ago? They aren’t the same player thank god but that dude was run out of here cause he never lived up to the pick investment.

waddle will get his 2 or 3 years but if he’s producing like a day 2 slot/returner draft pick in that time frame he may well get the Tavon austin treatment (understanding that I know he’s more talented and polished as a wr than austin ever was) Miami not picking up tbat 5th year option.

which with a top 6 pick after a trade out from 3 where you could have had any skill player in the draft period would be a flat fail.

If Waddle is injured for more than 4 games this season. It was bad trade. Unless he leads the team in receiving while he is in.

If he does not lead the team in receiving. It was bad trade and pick. Please convince me otherwise if you disagree.
Wow another post of the type : he’s a bust of he’s not a hall of famer by year 1

I wouldn't put it as blankly as Hoops, but look, your 6 pick better be good.
When you consider:
1) Where predominantly slot WRs are usually drafted and how much they are paid
2) The crowded WR room Miami has already
3) The characteristics of the player prob not lending themselves to him carrying a receiving offense on his back
4) How rare it is to have the 3 pick in your hand
5) The performance of your QB being something of an unanswered question to date
6) Miami's long experience of getting stuck in the middle-of-the-pack treadmill

Anyone who thinks this draft in particular won't be analysed constantly after the event for possible better choices is CRAZY.

The best way to mitigate that is for Waddle to have a great career.

1. Why is the entirely made-up "positional value" metric suddenly the be-all end-all means of evaluating a pick? Miami has had the number 1 pick in recent memory and had their hands tied because of "positional value" (at the time, OT was worthy of a No 1. That really worked out for Miami, didn't it?)
2. Its a room full of average-at-best WR's. Who cares if its crowded. You could blindly pick one of half-a-dozen of them to lose and it would barely impact the team. Non-issue
3. Characteristics of a player? What does that even mean? Is this one of those "he's not a winner" arguments?
4. Rare? With the Dolphins? Jake Long and Dion Jordan say hi.
5. Granted. But they still aren't drafting a QB at 3 or 6 or 12 when no one after Lawrence is considered a better option than Tua was last year. Maybe Fields but my guess is a high percentage of Finheaven posters would still question that pick because "doesn't have the look of a prototype QB"
6. Again, what does this have to do with the price of rice? Miami has done so many things wrong on and off the field that they could have drafted the second-coming of Jerry Rice and probability would still indicate they will finish middle-of-the-pack. A very small percentage of NFL teams consistently draft near the end of a round. This isn't the NBA where you can draft last one year and top 5 the next.

Is there pressure for Waddle to perform? Absolutely. Does that have anything to do with where he was drafted? Again, absolutely. But how others players within this draft play offer absolutely no value when evaluating Waddle where their circumstances are entirely different. If Waddle gets hit by a bus and Chase gets bit by a radioactive spider it does not mean the Waddle pick was "bad." It means Miami/Waddle have extremely bad luck and Cincinati/Chase have extremely good luck. If Chase catches 75% of the balls thrown to him for 800 yards and Waddle catches 95% of the balls thrown to him for 650 yards, whose the better receiver? Does that say more about the receiver or does it say more about the QB (or maybe, just maybe, it says a dozen thing about a dozen disperate things without sufficient analogues in both Cincinati and Miami?)

All the comparisons are meaningless now. We made our choice and we went all in on Waddle. Now, I can't wait to watch him score TDs. He's like a faster Mark Clayton and there is no doubt that he'll ball out for us! What Chase and Pitts and Smith do, it doesn't affect us. What matters is that Waddle is a perfect fit for our team and he gives Tua what Allen got with Diggs. The difference Diggs made in Buffalo is huge, I'm hoping Waddle is the perfect receiver to counter the advantage the Bills have had over us. We owe that team some beatings!

Wow another post of the type : he’s a bust of he’s not a hall of famer by year 1

When did I say that? I said it would be a bad pick compared to how the others produce. Stop making excuses before they even happen. Apparently Waddle can do no wrong no matter what he does and neither could Chris Grier. They deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything and everything they could possibly do wrong. See how you don't like people putting words in your mouth that aren't exactly what you said?

Sorry I don't believe you should have to wait until 3 to 4 years for a #6 pick to produce at an average level.

When did I say that? I said it would be a bad pick compared to how the others produce. Stop making excuses before they even happen. Apparently Waddle can do no wrong no matter what he does and neither could Chris Grier. They deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything and everything they could possibly do wrong. See how you don't like people putting words in your mouth that aren't exactly what you said?

Sorry I don't believe you should have to wait until 3 to 4 years for a #6 pick to produce at an average level.
Is Chase a bust if he doesn't lead the Bengals in receiving? How about Pitts if he doesn't lead the Falcons or isn't a top 10 TE?

You're the guy who set out ridiculous expectations on wether or not he's a bad pick. I guess it's easy enough to criticize a pick when you get to play the entire field from pick #3 on against 1 selection.

Back
Top Bottom