Report: Tannehill lost confidence in Mike Sherman | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Tannehill lost confidence in Mike Sherman

I know its speculation, but I'm not a fan of the QB saying anything to anybody about his feelings on Mike Sherman. Take accountability for your own performance young man and keep the in house stuff, in house. Throwing your college coach and Offensive Coordinator, the guy who placed you in the system to get you drafted top 10 in the NFL draft, under the bus is not something you air out to the media.

Tannehill has held himself accountable. Has Sherman? Anyways, just because one of Tannehill's confidants sqeal to the media, it doesn't mean he doesn't hold himself accountable. Besides, this is another media story with no actual sources so we can't really pass judgement here because it might not have actually happened.

That's ****ing laughable Wallace had no problem catching deep balls from the likes of ****ing Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich
last year!

On second thought, if a player is sitting in the O meeting and getting this weeks game plan and it is eerily similar to last week game plan and the one before that and the one before that......it can make you lose confidence in a coach.....if this is the case then i'm ok with him saying something but once you run off your coordinator the production of the offence is now on your shoulder regardless of how bad the next OC is, no more pointing the finger....

Mike Wallace says no lack of confidence in Sherman. Ugh.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 4m
Mike Wallace says Mike Sherman did a good job of putting players in a position to succeed. Says no lack of confidence in the OC.

I know its speculation, but I'm not a fan of the QB saying anything to anybody about his feelings on Mike Sherman. Take accountability for your own performance young man and keep the in house stuff, in house. Throwing your college coach and Offensive Coordinator, the guy who placed you in the system to get you drafted top 10 in the NFL draft, under the bus is not something you air out to the media.

Please point me to a quote from Tannehill.

It's questionable whether Tannehill said this but it's clear someone wants Sherman out.

That's ****ing laughable Wallace had no problem catching deep balls from the likes of ****ing Charlie Batch and Byron Leftwich
last year!

I'm not blaming Mike Wallace -- I think he played well down the stretch -- but that's... not... true.

What bothers me is that the go route down the sideline is probably Wallace's worst route. He's had much more success on posts, deep crossing routes, and verticals down the middle of the field.

Throwing your college coach and Offensive Coordinator, the guy who placed you in the system to get you drafted top 10 in the NFL draft, under the bus is not something you air out to the media.

If anything, Sherman shouldve lost respect for Tannehill a long time ago. Hitching his star to Tannehill's wagon killed him. I bet Sherm spent plenty of time thinking of when the exact system worked like a charm because he had a legit QB running it.

The same Mike Sherman who thought that some bargain basement Terrelle Pryor knockoff was a better college QB than Tannehill?

Honestly, if I'm Tannehill and getting canned off everybody for my play because my OC keeps calling BS Daniel Thomas stretch plays, negative runs up the gut, simple dunk plays that aren't putting 30 points up anywhere and the most obvious deep plays possible, then I'm losing confidence in my OC as well. Hell, I'd be calling my own plays; 2nd and long and we dial up Daniel Thomas ?!?!??

of course the speculation mounts the day after we are done and finish on a low note...

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley
No Ryan Tannehill in today's locker room, so I didn't get the chance to ask him about @RapSheet report on losing confidence in Sherman.

When I told Philbin today that there is an anti-Sherman sentiment in the locker room (based on my and Ian's reporting), he blanched.

Not sure if Philbin was surprised to hear it or disagreed with the premise, but the reaction was unmistakable.

I'm not one for knee jerk reactions at the close of the season, however I will say that the offseason has some dark clouds rolling in with it. It's not looking bright, and I can't help feeling the coaching staff has problems that go beyond Mike Sherman. Mr. Philbin, you haven't looked very sharp down the stretch. If you don't believe in your heart that you're leading this team to the superbowl next season, please do everyone a favor and resign.

Back
Top Bottom