Report: Tannehill lost confidence in Mike Sherman | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Tannehill lost confidence in Mike Sherman

Sherman has zero offensive creativity. I don't care what the talent level is on the team, at the snap of the ball everything is exactly the same and when I look at alignments, calls, counts etc... Sherman has lost the touch. He is living on what he did and not what he can do.

I'd fire Mike Sherman today if I was Philbin, there will be a host of much better OC's available after this **** storm of mass cannings. Even if you think Tannehill is a flop who gives a ****, go draft a QB this year, the CBA makes it possible so why worry about it (your wasting a pick if you do draft a QB).

Ireland needs to go as well, I thought he pulled a masterful performance off last off season and frankly on paper it was but at the seasons end it wasn't, the same thing killed the team that killed them the last three years, depth and overall quality. This team has a handful of stars and a roster full of players who fill a need but don't fix the need. People say "oh the LB's suck and it was a mistake" it wasn't a mistake, the LB's were never good and all Jeff did was trade two older average LB's for two younger average LB's. It's a wash anyway you slice it except you have a younger roster. WR's will be fine if they get an OC in that can actually produce a mismatch from a formation but the O-line situation is unacceptable, 100%. I mean this O-line could be completely **** canned and end up better off and that is a monumental whiff.

I find it funny that for years fans have blasted Miami for drafting and singing linemen and now all they do is clamor for them, the team needs TE's and for ****s sake please put a true FB on the roster.

1) fire Sherman
2) fire Ireland

do what you will from here but that will help monumentally.

Yea I am not a huge Sherman fan but if tanny makes that throw to Wallace we are up 14 to 0. It's a different game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do I get the feeling the scapegoat is gonna be Sherman as if that's enough for fans to feel good going forward. Ross can bring Ireland and philbin back for "1 more year" because he's clueless.

I know right. RG3 much?

Yet, the Tannefluffers will eat this up as if its something he should be doing and we should be proud of him.

If anything, Sherman shouldve lost respect for Tannehill a long time ago. Hitching his star to Tannehill's wagon killed him. I bet Sherm spent plenty of time thinking of when the exact system worked like a charm because he had a legit QB running it.
He didnt say a word to the media first of all, hence the word 'sources'. Second of all, Shermans system hasnt worked in the pros in over a decade and was just as bad in COLLEGE as it is here.

Yea I am not a huge Sherman fan but if tanny makes that throw to Wallace we are up 14 to 0. It's a different game.

Like earlier in the year when we were up on teams by 2 scores and they came back in the second half to win?

Sherman has zero offensive creativity. I don't care what the talent level is on the team, at the snap of the ball everything is exactly the same and when I look at alignments, calls, counts etc... Sherman has lost the touch. He is living on what he did and not what he can do.

I'd fire Mike Sherman today if I was Philbin, there will be a host of much better OC's available after this **** storm of mass cannings. Even if you think Tannehill is a flop who gives a ****, go draft a QB this year, the CBA makes it possible so why worry about it (your wasting a pick if you do draft a QB).

Ireland needs to go as well, I thought he pulled a masterful performance off last off season and frankly on paper it was but at the seasons end it wasn't, the same thing killed the team that killed them the last three years, depth and overall quality. This team has a handful of stars and a roster full of players who fill a need but don't fix the need. People say "oh the LB's suck and it was a mistake" it wasn't a mistake, the LB's were never good and all Jeff did was trade two older average LB's for two younger average LB's. It's a wash anyway you slice it except you have a younger roster. WR's will be fine if they get an OC in that can actually produce a mismatch from a formation but the O-line situation is unacceptable, 100%. I mean this O-line could be completely **** canned and end up better off and that is a monumental whiff.

I find it funny that for years fans have blasted Miami for drafting and singing linemen and now all they do is clamor for them, the team needs TE's and for ****s sake please put a true FB on the roster.

1) fire Sherman
2) fire Ireland

do what you will from here but that will help monumentally.

What good OC would want to come here with a lame duck HC? If we have a average yr again next yr everyone gets the ax....If I'm Chud I'm hooking up with one of the new HC getting hired this yr

Even though it wasn't a public comment, I applaud Tannehill for questioning his confidence in Sherman. Football is a team sport, and everyone is accountable, coaches and players. Tannehill has made himself accountable in many post-game pressers, so I don't think this is him trying to save face at all.
Sherman needs to be gone regardless, whether anyone on the team likes him or not.

I'd rather have a QB that understands the idea of Everyone sharing blame, rather than "Players didnt make the plays, We let the coaches down." That mentality is stuck in the Sparano Era, and I'm done with that. Perhaps RG3 took it to an extreme, but when a team with plenty of talent doesn't get it done, sorry, but coaching is the first place I'm going to look.

I know right. RG3 much?

Yet, the Tannefluffers will eat this up as if its something he should be doing and we should be proud of him.

If anything, Sherman shouldve lost respect for Tannehill a long time ago. Hitching his star to Tannehill's wagon killed him. I bet Sherm spent plenty of time thinking of when the exact system worked like a charm because he had a legit QB running it.

Look who came down from the hills, to grace us with his wisdom, of dirt.

Please, for the love of God, point to the quote that has Tannehill saying this. When you can or do, then you will have credibility, but something says you won't and can't....and your credibility here is non existent.

How was that ATL team this year, led by your 'guy'? Natty Light, was exposed this year, for the over hyped talent you made him out to be.

And if Wallace had ANY other talent than just running fast, he would have caught that perfectly thrown touchdown on the play before and the Pick would have never happened. But since Wallace is incapable of using his hands on deep routes, he missed a ball that essentially hit him in the chest. $60 Million for that? Please....

the dude got arm barred before the ball got there. clearly pi, but of course goes uncalled or if it would have been called it would have definitely been picked up

^^^^ It's hard to complain about a PI call when I know we dodged a huge on on the 3rd down play in the last seconds of the home game vs NE.

He didnt say a word to the media first of all, hence the word 'sources'. Second of all, Shermans system hasnt worked in the pros in over a decade and was just as bad in COLLEGE as it is here.

Precisely. Nepotism is the only reason he got the job here in the first place. He was Philbin's coach in college and gave him his first job in the pros, so he repaid the favor; unfortunately to his detriment.

Here is the thing I am sure Sherman can layout 100s of reasons he limits offense etc and pin blame on Tannehill. I want Sherman gone but Sherman wasn't out there making Dee Milner look like Deon Sanders!

Actually that int was Mike Wallace's fault because he slipped.

All I want to see is Sherman and Turner gone.... Bring in another WC offensive guy that actually knows what planet he's on and a line coach that can just coach. That's all.

Draft a whole new line and start fresh this year.

I find it hard to go after the offensive line coach if we're so convinced that Ireland collected a brutal bunch of stiffs at the position. We're gonna kill a guy for not being able to make chicken salad from chicken ****?
If we clean house, then he can go out with the trash but I'm not gonna single him out. Our line sure seemed to be doing worlds better in the few weeks after McKinnie came in. We ran the ball against the Bengals, we were running it well against the Patriots and in some other games. Then, we'd have a bad play and decide we needed to then pass on every down. I don't know who to blame for the snap-count situation and the Go,Go-Go situation, but if that was him, then, yeah, I could say we punt him, stat. I think that was Sherman too.

Go,Go-Go is probably the single-most retarded thing I've ever seen in the world of pro sports. "Hey defense, here comes a run play!" Just jaw-dropping stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom