Report: Waddle Unhappy With His Role (?) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Waddle Unhappy With His Role (?)

I didn't see anything in his play or comments throughout the year to indicate he was unhappy. Waddle plays hard and while he gets banged up a bit more easily than I would like, he is an excellent receiver who would be the #1 on many teams.

I also don't believe Hill was unhappy in KC for a second. He was highly featured in that offense and won a championship. That sounds like Hill just being Hill. If we trade him to someone, he will say / do / comments they same things about us. It is his nature....

Now, if someone is getting traded (not sure that is going to happen, but speculating) it is a hell of a lot easier to trade Waddle than Hill due to Hill's contract. However, due to age, it would be smarter to build around Waddle.

I said midseason that I wouldn’t be surprised if waddle was traded this off-season

Pumpkin? Hill says all different stuff on podcast and Twitter. And by the way the main BS was the part about McDaniel agreeing to any deal about getting the ball Hill. The biggest issue was straight up money. If KC caved to his contract demands there would never be any "usage issue", which h came out way after the fact. Then Hill came up with that narrative, to deflect from he want big money and KC wouldn't do.

Funny that Hill complains about not getting targeted enough in his last year in KC. Which was his highest targeted year ever in KC at 159. I guess he is happy with the whopping 12 more targets he gets with Miami.

Just to make clear I am calling BS on Hill claims of he didn't like his usage and that had anything to do with the trade. It was 99% about money. And saying BS to your theory of Miami/McDaniel having a deal to make sure he gets X targets or whatnot.
While I think he’s a great player / talent, he seems to be a bit of a knucklehead.

One "down year" and he's still be a #1 anywhere else.

Jesus, you people.
I don’t think he’s a no 1 on that many teams - and I thought that last year as well. He’d be no 1 on teams like the Patriots but not the Bills or Jets in our division for example.

I like him a lot. I don’t even think he had a down year considering he missed some time. Nothing wrong w 1,000 yards and 72 snags.

Don’t care if Waddle is or is not happy. Do more with the opportunity you get and stay out of the blue tent. Nice player. Not irreplaceable. Obviously fantasy land but if I can get a top 10 pick and get Bowers , Waddle is Gonzo.

Pumpkin? Hill says all different stuff on podcast and Twitter. And by the way the main BS was the part about McDaniel agreeing to any deal about getting the ball Hill. The biggest issue was straight up money. If KC caved to his contract demands there would never be any "usage issue", which h came out way after the fact. Then Hill came up with that narrative, to deflect from he want big money and KC wouldn't do.

Funny that Hill complains about not getting targeted enough in his last year in KC. Which was his highest targeted year ever in KC at 159. I guess he is happy with the whopping 12 more targets he gets with Miami.

Just to make clear I am calling BS on Hill claims of he didn't like his usage and that had anything to do with the trade. It was 99% about money. And saying BS to your theory of Miami/McDaniel having a deal to make sure he gets X targets or whatnot.
Just clownin on the pumpkin! All good! I'm just saying I knew I seen it somewhere and heard about it at the time. Also just to be clear, yes I did say that was my theory and I acknowledge that Hill did want to get paid also. For me, I just also think he did want to get the ball more and they werent doing that in KC. And that there's gotta be something to why he's getting fed so much here. Even in double and triple coverage. Im not saying its in his contract. Yes my theory but I think it's a good one.

Last edited:
I have said it before.

Miami may need to seriously consider moving on from either Waddle or Hill, if they intend on keeping their current scheme. Personally, I would rather move on from Hill if they can.

It's not a knock on either player, or hating. This might be a case of too much good things don't lead to good results. Hill is a hall of fame and a big reason for our success. I like Waddle too. Him and Tua, prior to this season had amazing chemistry. Just rewarch the 2nd Jets game.

I posted the Stats this season, can't find them now.

Tua and the offense did not play well with BOTH Hill and Waddle on the field.

But they were excellent when only Hill ( explosive) or only Waddle ( efficient) wason the field

With both Hill and Waddle on the field, Tua was at his worst.
286 dropbacks
168 of 265 (63.4%)
2,138 passing yards
10 passing touchdowns
8 interceptions
8.2 yards per attempt
89.8 rating
Total EPA: 34.1
Pass EPA: 49.8

With Just Hill on the field:

180 dropbacks
119 of 168 (70.8%)
1,323 passing yards
14 passing touchdowns
4 interceptions
8.4 yards per attempt
112.9 rating
Total EPA: 28.90
Pass EPA: 31.70

With Just Waddle on the field
97 dropbacks
72 of 89 (80.9%)
713 passing yards
4 passing touchdowns
0 interceptions
8.4 yards per attempt
116.6 rating
Total EPA: 32.86
Pass EPA: 19.33

Tyreek dropped more tds than Waddle dropped passes,lets be real Hill has not been
prime time player.I would trade him and his bloated salary in a heartbeat to get
a more balanced offense in a second.just my thoughts not a popular take
I think this is whats wrong with Tua and the offense against great teams.

I have said it before.

Miami may need to seriously consider moving on from either Waddle or Hill, if they intend on keeping their current scheme. Personally, I would rather move on from Hill if they can.

It's not a knock on either player, or hating. This might be a case of too much good things don't lead to good results. Hill is a hall of fame and a big reason for our success. I like Waddle too. Him and Tua, prior to this season had amazing chemistry. Just rewarch the 2nd Jets game.

But they were excellent when only Hill ( explosive) or only Waddle ( efficient) wason the field

286 dropbacks
168 of 265 (63.4%)
2,138 passing yards
10 passing touchdowns
8 interceptions
8.2 yards per attempt
89.8 rating

180 dropbacks
119 of 168 (70.8%)
1,323 passing yards
14 passing touchdowns
4 interceptions
8.4 yards per attempt
112.9 rating

97 dropbacks
72 of 89 (80.9%)
713 passing yards
4 passing touchdowns
0 interceptions
8.4 yards per attempt
116.6 rating
I like em both but if I am choosing I am keeping Hill. We be in a window now right?

Hill, despite his flaws/age/salary is a dog to get off the field.

I have said it before.

286 dropbacks
168 of 265 (63.4%)
2,138 passing yards
10 passing touchdowns
8 interceptions
8.2 yards per attempt
89.8 rating

180 dropbacks
119 of 168 (70.8%)
1,323 passing yards
14 passing touchdowns
4 interceptions
8.4 yards per attempt
112.9 rating

97 dropbacks
72 of 89 (80.9%)
713 passing yards
4 passing touchdowns
0 interceptions
8.4 yards per attempt
116.6 rating
So this is what this thread had turned in to.

Getting rid of one of our two best receivers.

So this is what this thread had turned in to.

Getting rid of one of our two best receivers.

I mean, you can look at it that way sure.

Can you explain why the offense was not effective when both were on the field?

The first season, it worked brilliantly.

This season, it didn't work at all. The numbers show that.

I am asking an honest question. Can you explain why the offense didn't work well when BOTH were on the field. Yet worked perfectly when only 1 was on the field?

I don't know the answer. Which is why I said it needs to be looked at.

Waddle is a playmaker.....he's also missed some time and he's has some drops as well......we deal with the drops because he makes plays. I think most WR's want the ball all the time which is fine.....he just needs to make the most of his opportunities

Back
Top Bottom