Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Not saying the fans aren't correct about Brown dogging it but I don't like fans claiming that typically. Fans usually don't know why a player isn't full speed and sometimes don't know the difference anyway.

The criticism of Brown letting up towards season's end is valid. It's a main reason why many teams are not interested in his services.

Make the damn signing eliminate a huge need, draft the BPA between DE, FS, and G in round 1.

Chartlon, Harris, Willis, Melifonwu, Peppers, Lamp. Take your pick.
Our 43 should be Brown - Kiko - Timmons w Brown and Kiko remaining on the field in passing situations.

Make the damn signing eliminate a huge need, draft the BPA between DE, FS, and G in round 1.

Our 43 should be Brown - Kiko - Timmons w Brown and Kiko remaining on the field in passing situations.

My plan exactly.

My plan exactly.

It not a bad one :up:

If you listen to what Gase is saying and the FO is doing you can see they are not offering up big money for a strong side LB. Sounds more to me like Timmons is going to MLB with Alonso on the weak side. By that thinking, there is no need for high draft pick or high priced FA for a two-down SLB.

when asked what Timmons brings gase said speed...I don't know about you guys but when I think speed at lb it's nickel and sub...Miami was killed in both at the lb level due to lack of speed and athleticism...I think gase overrates Timmons for both in terms of what I see on the field however it seems real obvious to me that Miami feels it has its startng nickel/sub lbs in Timmons and kiko already

the base lb play last year wasn't what killed us...the nickel was brutal...Timmons and kiko and I bet they check that box off for better or worse

when asked what Timmons brings gase said speed...I don't know about you guys but when I think speed at lb it's nickel and sub...Miami was killed in both at the lb level due to lack of speed and athleticism...I think gase overrates Timmons for both in terms of what I see on the field however it seems real obvious to me that Miami feels it has its startng nickel/sub lbs in Timmons and kiko already

the base lb play last year wasn't what killed us...the nickel was brutal...Timmons and kiko and I bet they check that box off for better or worse

I think Timmons was decently speedy back in his prime, but nowadays? Idk...... really hope we still are open to drafting a lb in the 2nd or 3rd, 1st doesnt seem likely unless maybe Reddick is there which seems unlikely

I think Timmons was decently speedy back in his prime, but nowadays? Idk...... really hope we still are open to drafting a lb in the 2nd or 3rd, 1st doesn't seem likely unless maybe Reddick is there which seems unlikely

Timmons is not going to fix our coveage problems and don't be surprised if he gets passed on a lot. He was brought in to fix the run defense and nothing more at this point.

Timmons is not going to fix our coveage problems and don't be surprised if he gets passed on a lot. He was brought in to fix the run defense and nothing more at this point.

Yeah, about that. Timmons has been playing behind three 2 gap lineman his entire 10 year career. This will not be an easy transition. Let's just hope this old dog can learn new tricks.

Yeah, about that. Timmons has been playing behind three 2 gap lineman his entire 10 year career. This will not be an easy transition. Let's just hope this old dog can learn new tricks.

I'd rather have Brown over Timmons to be honest. My buddy who is a die-hard Pitt fan and very knowledgeable about football said this when I told him I heard Miami is signing Timmons "good I hope Miami signs Timmons...Good riddance to an old slowing linebacker who can't​ cover anyone".

I'd rather have Brown over Timmons to be honest. My buddy who is a die-hard Pitt fan and very knowledgeable about football said this when I told him I heard Miami is signing Timmons "good I hope Miami signs Timmons...Good riddance to an old slowing linebacker who can't​ cover anyone".

Yep. My bother in law is a Pitt fan and my wife is a former Pitt fan (waiting for Rapsitberger to leave) both essentially said the same thing. I myself have also watched plenty of Steeler's games b/c of them as well and agree.

Yep. My bother in law is a Pitt fan and my wife is a former Pitt fan (waiting for Rapsitberger to leave) both essentially said the same thing. I myself have also watched plenty of Steeler's games b/c of them as well and agree.

Well it's a good thing there's an easy out in his deal after 1 year, right? Right?

Timmons is a good tackler at least.

Timmons is a good tackler at least.

I'm not all doom and gloom. Kiko/Timmons/Brown would be better than anything we had on the field last year.

Misi would also have helped the run defense last year also.

But that unit on paper is still just average to good and not great.

Back
Top Bottom