Respect One Another! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Respect One Another!

Maynard said:
so none of this :rickybrow or this :grouplaug ???

- Only if there from Buff...ahh heck, I'm already sorry for them.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Bro I am here trying to help create a better environment, friendly for all. I had a fellow memeber of the family approach me, so I just thought I would throw this out there. Same as if you would of brought it to me, I would do the same thing. ;)

I respect what you are doing. Sometimes I think there is more talk about negativity that actually negativity. But I am one of those that like to look at the problems and not just scream superbowl or bust.

It is funny really, I had an easier time just cheering when I did not study the team so hard. This year and last year are the first times I thought we could not win it all. Although if we won the AFC Championship against Buffalo, I don't think we could have taken Dallas at the time. 1993??

The jets came over Joe Robbie as the last note of the Star Spang Banner were held AND the stadium was full.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Mods, I know this is the wrong forum, but give me a little time if you would! Thanks! We are all family here, and we respect, and appreciate one another! This is what has made Finheaven one of the best sites around! If you disagree with another member of the family, dispute the post with the respect, and knowledge. Please don't dis-respect another member, remember treat them as you would like to be treated, and as family as well! I am putting out this thread in an effort to keep Finheaven as the cream of the crop, and not like the rest of the smack talking sites! Thanks for listening!:beerbang:

With all due respect, I understand what you are saying, but on the other hand respect is earned. I'm all for debate on subjects that have even a little sanity of thought behind it. Some of the posts on this site however have bee so outlandish it's a disgrace and undeserving of any respect.

Why would it bother me?
Because I do feel Finheaven has been a fantastic site but lately it is getting overrun by garbage and that upsets me.

I make my thoughts known so I probably anger some of you guys who are good posters which I respect by taking on the riff raff. Sorry, but I can't help myself.

I love all Phin fans. The best environment I've ever been in was Ft. Lauderdale while I was on vacation in Florida. I happened to be there the same weekend training camp was opened to the public for three days, and my dad and I went. For the first time in my life, I was surrounded by Dolphins fans, and it couldn't have been any better. Too many Cowboys, Eagles, Steelers, and other bandwagon fans in Arkansas, so I hardly ever get to talk about the Phins with someone who shares my passion. A random passerby even complimented me on my Dolphins shirt and hat while I was shopping, which is something that has never happened in my entire life.

To get to my point, being a fellow Dolphins fan trumps every negative quality one might have. I don't care if you're annoying, stupid, arrogant, foul smelling, homosexual, or just altogether not a likable person, whatever. If you like the Dolphins, you're a good guy in my book.

Maybe I'm just an extremist? :lol:

Trekbiz said:
With all due respect, I understand what you are saying, but on the other hand respect is earned. I'm all for debate on subjects that have even a little sanity of thought behind it. Some of the posts on this site however have bee so outlandish it's a disgrace and undeserving of any respect.

Why would it bother me?
Because I do feel Finheaven has been a fantastic site but lately it is getting overrun by garbage and that upsets me.

I make my thoughts known so I probably anger some of you guys who are good posters which I respect by taking on the riff raff. Sorry, but I can't help myself.
I totally hear you. We just need to put as politely as we can, that there post is not there. That's all I am saying. If the post is not up to par, just say bro your post wasn't up to speed, rather then degrading them.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I totally hear you. We just need to put as politely as we can, that there post is not there. That's all I am saying. If the post is not up to par, just say bro your post wasn't up to speed, rather then degrading them.

...and eat our own.

Fin Fan in Cali said:

:) you did that to me in another thread. instead of attacking me, you allowed for a reply for me to explain myself. a complete, waste of time argument was easily avoided

Maynard said:
:) you did that to me in another thread. instead of attacking me, you allowed for a reply for me to explain myself. a complete, waste of time argument was easily avoided
That's what I think AJ, and staff had in mind is where Dolphin fans could come and have great conversation!;) Bro I don't want to attack anyone, just drink beer with them, and yell for the Dolphins to Win!:)

Good night to the family! Appreciate one another, cause life is too short to fight! Just trying to spread the brotherhood out!:beerbang:

Exactly and thank you for your post Fin Fan.... I have gotten to the point where I could correctly guess or predict what a thread was going to say and what direction it was going to take simply by it's title. Therefore, I don't even bother reading it. I agree that we're not always going to see eye to eye when it comes to different aspects concerning the Dolphins and the way the team and/or organization is run, but, in the end, we are all Dolfans, and hopefully our main goal is to watch this team be successful. We can agree to disagree, but, like finfan said, let's do it in a respectful manner and debate topics and issues that we disagree on with some facts, knowledge, and a respectful difference of opinion, rather than name calling and such. Bottom line is we all want the Dolphins to be an organization and team that we can be proud of and that is as successful as those teams of the past.

Back
Top Bottom