Retain, Tag, Or Let Walk? - Frank Gore

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jan 7, 2019.

1. DolfanISS

DolfanISS Perennial All-Pro Finheaven VIP

I don't know we we'd want Gore. Let him go and play for a team that's not "rebuilding".

2. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

If you have no idea what he can do why the hell not find out by playing him? He’s on the team to play isn’t he?

3. Shula Fan

Shula Fan Pro Bowler

4. Mach2

Mach2 A True Fan

I have no problem playing him. That has nothing to do with keeping Gore

5. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

How? He played in Minnesota and you saw what he could do given the carries. Continue to evaluate him by starting him.

6. dolfin530

dolfin530 Student of the Game

What is his contract numbers like? He would be excellent for the goal line and certain situations. He showed that he can still produce and yes he got hurt towards the end but nobody is immune from injuries. I think with all things considered it would be wise to keep him especially his veteran presence.

7. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

Gore loves Miami. Gore over performed! Gore would come cheap! All reasons to keep him!

8. 72champagne

72champagne the annual ritual

Let him play for someone that could get him to the playoffs. It would be rude to keep him, unless he’s just a glutton for punishment.

9. Gsmack_42

Gsmack_42 A True Fan

If they tag him I wouldn’t waste my time with this team tell Ross sales them.

10. A8bil

A8bil Active Member

it's a testament to Gore that he gets so much support from the fan base after only one year at the tail end of a career. There have been plenty of NFL players who came to teams for their swan song only to stink the bed.

I get the call of those who are saying move on and let the younger players play. Here' s my thinking: (1) to be an every down back, requires an RB to understand not just blocking schemes, but also how to block. Gore is one of the best ever at his position, knowing when to throw a cut block, a chip or to go toe to toe with the pass rusher. He can teach this, but the RBs also need to get on the field to get reps doing it. (2) Running between the tackles requires patience and vision. Some think (I used to) that vision was an innate quality, but when Gore played in SF, they brought Kendall Hunter in. Hunter was very much like Drake in that he was an East-West, one cut player when he arrived. Before he blew out his knee, it became increasingly difficult to tell whether it was Gore or Hunter running unless you saw his number. He learned not to slam into the back of his OL, but instead to let them set up their blocks and to dart through when he saw creases developing. There was a big difference in the way he ran the ball. bummer he blew out his knee and was never the same. Bottom line -- I say re-sign him but expect a reduced role.