Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

The difference between this and Tunsil is Tunsil was not enrolled in the NFL Substance Abuse program for that video . . . Foster WILL be enrolled in it as soon as he is drafted because of this failed test at the combine.

So Tunsil can smoke all day which most of the league does anyway and just follow the prototypical schedule that happens every year . . . Foster is subjected to much harsher regulations.

I am sorry, if he is dumb enough to not have that **** out of his system at the combine he is dumb enough to smoke while in the program and get caught up.

I pass. This ain't Tunsil. Tunsil was a once every five year prospect at LT . . . Foster is not Luke Kuechley.

Boy, he had a great combine.

Got kicked out and gave a diluted sample.

I hope he's off the Dolphins board

Gotcha. Foster coming in would present some questions at LB positions. Timmons best spot is probably at that MLB. But, I think of what the Jags did with Myles Jack last year. He came in, played out of position where they preferred him long term, now this year they are setting him up and moving the other pieces. Timmons is not the long term answer. Decent stop gap. But if Miami FO views Foster as a long term answer at the position, I could see them taking him and dealing with the position dilemma for 2017. As bad as our defense was right now, that's not really ideal for what we need our 1st round pick to do this year, but if the focus is long term...I could see it. Biggest question mark I would have for Foster is how the FO views his character. They have expressed several times this offseason they are really being mindful of finding "their type of guys" who will come in, not second guess and argue, just put their nose down and grind. Guys who will whole heartedly trust the system and embrace the culture. Is Foster that kind of guy?

That Pic of Suh sacking Tyrod is bada$$ btw brother lol

From a players standpoint and production on the field, I still think Foster is the top linebacker in this draft.

Do you pass him up because of potential character issues? I think this front office wouldn't unless they have a player ranked higher on their board.

Because Gase has a close relationship with Saban, we should have the inside track on any character/personality issues that Foster might have.

Because Gase has a close relationship with Saban, we should have the inside track on any character/personality issues that Foster might have.

Personally I do not believe smoking weed or whatever is a character issue. Smoking and posting a failed drug test at the biggest job interview of your life subjecting you to rules that make it extremely difficult to smoke weed is the issue. Saban can say he was a model citizen and all that good stuff it doesn't take away from the stupidity of Foster. Not to mention getting kicked out of the combine. . . I mean who does that lol . . . Rueben Foster does.

I think he falls out the first round.

From a players standpoint and production on the field, I still think Foster is the top linebacker in this draft.

Do you pass him up because of potential character issues? I think this front office wouldn't unless they have a player ranked higher on their board.

As other people have pointed out, the issue is that the guy is that much closer to having to start serving lengthy suspensions. Saban can say he's the greatest guy in the world, it's hard to predict whether Foster's going to light up a joint at the wrong time, and end up with a four game suspension, and then another until we're in Dion Jordan/Josh Gordon territory.

It doesn't mean you don't take the risk. You just have to recognize it as such, which means you have to think he's a really, really good football player if you're going to take him in the first round.

Personally I do not believe smoking weed or whatever is a character issue. Smoking and posting a failed drug test at the biggest job interview of your life subjecting you to rules that make it extremely difficult to smoke weed is the issue. Saban can say he was a model citizen and all that good stuff it doesn't take away from the stupidity of Foster. Not to mention getting kicked out of the combine. . . I mean who does that lol . . . Rueben Foster does.

I think he falls out the first round.

What if his story is true?

What if his story is true?

Then somebody is getting a good pick in the second round. He just isn't that elite talent to gamble a first round pick on with this hanging over his head.

Picks 11-32 are the most important picks in the entire draft.

They allow you to get a high level player for 4 cheap rookie years and a cheaper 5th year option than the top 10 picks which essentially are paid "franchise tag like numbers for that 5th year".

There are other great guys that can be had without these issues hanging over their heads and fit what we need.

Then somebody is getting a good pick in the second round. He just isn't that elite talent to gamble a first round pick on with this hanging over his head.

Picks 11-32 are the most important picks in the entire draft.

They allow you to get a high level player for 4 cheap rookie years and a cheaper 5th year option than the top 10 picks which essentially are paid "franchise tag like numbers for that 5th year".

There are other great guys that can be had without these issues hanging over their heads and fit what we need.

So potential top 10 talent you wont take a risk on?

Not to beat a dead horse but Mixon is going in the first round....and we still need help at LB....this is interesting.

Back
Top Bottom