Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

This certainly an interesting development in regards to Foster. I was in favor of taking Tunsil last year so I should be in favor of taking Foster this year except we are in a different situation having a some what expedited level of success in our first year under a new coach. Higher expectations for this season with less reason to gamble you could say. It's going to be a tough call if he's there at 22. I know one thing, I would still go Hassan either way.

How many players have been kicked out of the combine? I googled it and went though 5 to 6 pages and he is the only one I found. Out of thousands of players this has to be one of the biggest red flags there is. I've never been kicked out of a job interview and that is what it is to these kids.

So potential top 10 talent you wont take a risk on?

Not to beat a dead horse but Mixon is going in the first round....and we still need help at LB....this is interesting.

Top 10 is subjective.

Tunsil is an elite prospect. Luke Kuechley is an elite prospect. Todd Gurley, despite his injury, went top 10 because he was an elite prospect.

I do not rate Foster as such so he IMO doesn't warrant a selection in the first round with this added risk.

Top 10 is subjective.

Tunsil is an elite prospect. Luke Kuechley is an elite prospect. Todd Gurley, despite his injury, went top 10 because he was an elite prospect.

I do not rate Foster as such so he IMO doesn't warrant a selection in the first round with this added risk.

This post is subjective.

He is the square hammer, draft him, please.

[video=youtube_share;VqoyKzgkqR4]https://youtu.be/VqoyKzgkqR4[/video]

This post is subjective.

They all are, the only thing with substance is Foster will be in the NFL drug program day 1. So if he does have a history of smoking weed he just increased his odds of having a future suspension exponentially if he hasn't dropped the habit.

Sure many of you don't care about it because you aren't accountable for the decision. You just see a name and get giddy that some folks had him in the top 10 at one point.

Sure many of you don't care about it because you aren't accountable for the decision. You just see a name and get giddy that some folks had him in the top 10 at one point.

Really? Well I'm certainly happy you graced us all w/ your superior football intellect and explained to us little people why we are so giddy. Thank you so much.

I think many of us have as much right to be as subjective as we wish without being talked down to by you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Well I'm certainly happy you graced us all w/ your superior football intellect and explained to us little people why we are so giddy. Thank you so much.

I think many of us have as much right to be as subjective as we wish without being talked down to by you.

You don't have to take it personal and I am sorry if you feel I was talking down to you. I sometimes forget that everybody's sensitivity levels are different.

You clearly are for drafting him and that is fine.

I don't mind the gamble but not in the first round, not at 22, if it means he will not make it to 54 then oh well.

This is not the Tunsil situation.

This is a kid who failed a drug test at the most obvious a year in advance test notification there is, got kicked out of the combine and has had previous issues with maybe not hanging around the best group of people at the best of times and also has a nagging injury history and already comes in undersized to where he may be limited to a WLB in the 4-3.

All this stuff comparing him to Tunsil and that he is an "elite" prospect just doesn't fly. He is solid football player, first round worthy LB . . . But there is too much there for me to roll the dice and when I say me that reflects what I feel is in Miami's best interest.

I don't put in the time to watch many draft prospects but I have watched him countless times. He is small. He can hit like a hammer and he can run but you get these LBs on day 2. At 22 with his back story its not an ideal move fo me.

If Miami feels otherwise I will always support it and certainly be critical if it backfires.

I watched a lot of tape on him too. I agree he is a bit small, but that is getting to be the norm at lb, w more emphasis on coverage skills being more valuable than size.

He hits like a mac truck so that makes up for some size but even more impressive to me is his recognition of plays and ability to find and get to the ball. No One is even close to that in this draft imo. I definitely see him as a clear top 10 pick but even more so a talent that would greatly improve the Phins LBing core by far over any other LB in the draft.

Giddy, naw I just think he's a great talent, but I do understand the Phins need to do an extensive background check on this guy, before they pull the trigger on him if they have the chance. You certainly have to think long and hard about his intelligence.

BTW, it's not about weather you should worry about someones sensitivity, it's more about showing respect for fellow Phin Fans no matter what their opinions are.

I fear he is Bob Sanders. Safety vs LB but still.....same playing style. We can get 4 great yrs and then done.

I watched a lot of tape on him too. I agree he is a bit small, but that is getting to be the norm at lb, w more emphasis on coverage skills being more valuable than size.

He hits like a mac truck so that makes up for some size but even more impressive to me is his recognition of plays and ability to find and get to the ball. No One is even close to that in this draft imo. I definitely see as a clear top 10 pick but even more so a talent that would greatly improve the Phins LBing core by far over any other LB in the draft.

Giddy, naw I just think he's a great talent, but I do understand the Phins need to do an extensive background check on this guy, before they pull the trigger on him if they have the chance. You certainly have to think long and hard about his intelligence.

BTW, it's not about weather you should worry about someones sensitivity, it's more about showing respect for fellow Phin Fans no matter what their opinions are.

"Do an extensive background check" is such a cop out answer for people who want to push aside all of Negative stuff staring them in the face. It cannot be sugarcoated anymore than that.

Will Saban telling Gase and Grier he is a good kid make his enrollment in the NFL substance Abuse program go away? Will it allow him to have a do over at the combine where he was the only player literally ever, out of thousands and thousands, to be kicked out of it?

Truth is i am very receptive to many opinions and I certainly tussle as well . . . There is not one reason for me to cosign Miami taking him at 22 and I don't agree with anybody who thinks they should. If my disagreeing and wondering of your approval of him lies more in the my belief that there is an infatuation among him being a "name" and people feeding off his early mock hype and him being a Bama player. . . THen so be it. Doesn't mean I don't respect you it means I don't agree with you or your reasoning.

He hits like a mac truck so that makes up for some size but even more impressive to me is his recognition of plays and ability to find and get to the ball. No One is even close to that in this draft imo. I definitely see him as a clear top 10 pick but even more so a talent that would greatly improve the Phins LBing core by far over any other LB in the draft.

I disagree with his point. He's better than Davis in this regard, but he's still only average - not close to as good as Cunningham, with regard to instincts, probably not as good as Anthony Walker or Richie Brown. Cunningham sees it and gets it. There's no hesitation to his game, and that why, despite having to deal with more OL, his TFL numbers are better than Foster's. Foster sees it, looks at it, thinks about it, and goes. I'm being a little facetious, but the hesitation in his game is clear to see. He's a run and chase WLB. He should do well in that role, but as Kdawk said, you get that in the 2nd RD or later, and with the added risk, it's hard to justify him as a bargain.

I disagree with his point. He's better than Davis in this regard, but he's still only average - not close to as good as Cunningham, with regard to instincts, probably not as good as Anthony Walker or Richie Brown. Cunningham sees it and gets it. There's no hesitation to his game, and that why, despite having to deal with more OL, his TFL numbers are better than Foster's. Foster sees it, looks at it, thinks about it, and goes. I'm being a little facetious, but the hesitation in his game is clear to see. He's a run and chase WLB. He should do well in that role, but as Kdawk said, you get that in the 2nd RD or later, and with the added risk, it's hard to justify him as a bargain.

Cunningham goes in the 2nd round...book it.

Back
Top Bottom