Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

Very true, as great of a talent as Foster is, he is simply not a great fit on this defense at the moment. Guys like Barnett, Taco, Willis, Harris are not only needed for the future, but we could use them immediately as well. Would love to see a defensive line for example that has Hayes and Taco on run downs, and Wake and Branch coming in on passing downs. That would be ridiculous.

Why do you say that? Don't think he'd play well in an NFL 4-3?

No, we just have allocated a lot to Timmons and Kiko. I still have some faith in Misi as a SAM in our scheme, DE's imo are a bigger need on this defense at the current moment. A guy like Taco we could use in a lot of different ways immediately, his skill set is basically the opposite of Wake's. Plus he and Andre could be a decent starting tandem in the future which we need for our 4-3, even more than LB's imo. Without a quality defensive line with good depth, the 4-3 is not going to work in this league. LB's are easier to find like we sort of have with Hull and Hewitt, and we got them for nothing.

I'm assuming because of the position he'd have to play at the moment. Timmons is going to man the MLB spot and has for years. That's what I assume that means.

2-can't really save this one, don't think he's going to quit but he needs to find the right times.

He's gonna have to quit now cause he's gonna be test multiple times a year and some of the tests he won't ever know is coming. He'll just wake up to his phone ringing one morning and it will be the league telling him he needs to be a certain place by a certain time to be tested. Had he passed the combine test he would only be test once a year and he'd pretty much know when it was coming so he could just have laid off smoking or what ever he was doing till the test was over.

I love how people feel so free to place judgement on someone they've never met without enough solid information to do so.

It's very easy to place judgement...you're doing it now with my post.

That said, let me re-reiterate my "judgement". That kid presented a diluted sample, knowing full well the repercussions, and if you minimize his knowledge of the drug testing policy then you have become an enabler because nobody in their right mind believes that "****-n-bull" story about being sick and flushing the sickness out of his body. Let's say it was a stomach virus...can he wash a virus out of his system?
This took place around the same time as a bad confrontation with a hospital worker...I'm going to go further out on a limb and assume that it was Foster's turn to pee in the cup and he was trying to get every second for the lake he drank to circulate through his body, but the hospital worker told him he was holding up progress...bam! We have a confrontation.

I feel so free making that judgement....

It's very easy to place judgement...you're doing it now with my post.

That said, let me re-reiterate my "judgement". That kid presented a diluted sample, knowing full well the repercussions, and if you minimize his knowledge of the drug testing policy then you have become an enabler because nobody in their right mind believes that "****-n-bull" story about being sick and flushing the sickness out of his body. Let's say it was a stomach virus...can he wash a virus out of his system?
This took place around the same time as a bad confrontation with a hospital worker...I'm going to go further out on a limb and assume that it was Foster's turn to pee in the cup and he was trying to get every second for the lake he drank to circulate through his body, but the hospital worker told him he was holding up progress...bam! We have a confrontation.

I feel so free making that judgement....

That's def a possibility. Foster does seem dumb as a rock. He should just thank god everyday he's physically gifted

No, we just have allocated a lot to Timmons and Kiko. I still have some faith in Misi as a SAM in our scheme, DE's imo are a bigger need on this defense at the current moment. A guy like Taco we could use in a lot of different ways immediately, his skill set is basically the opposite of Wake's. Plus he and Andre could be a decent starting tandem in the future which we need for our 4-3, even more than LB's imo. Without a quality defensive line with good depth, the 4-3 is not going to work in this league. LB's are easier to find like we sort of have with Hull and Hewitt, and we got them for nothing.

I'm assuming because of the position he'd have to play at the moment. Timmons is going to man the MLB spot and has for years. That's what I assume that means.

Gotcha. Foster coming in would present some questions at LB positions. Timmons best spot is probably at that MLB. But, I think of what the Jags did with Myles Jack last year. He came in, played out of position where they preferred him long term, now this year they are setting him up and moving the other pieces. Timmons is not the long term answer. Decent stop gap. But if Miami FO views Foster as a long term answer at the position, I could see them taking him and dealing with the position dilemma for 2017. As bad as our defense was right now, that's not really ideal for what we need our 1st round pick to do this year, but if the focus is long term...I could see it. Biggest question mark I would have for Foster is how the FO views his character. They have expressed several times this offseason they are really being mindful of finding "their type of guys" who will come in, not second guess and argue, just put their nose down and grind. Guys who will whole heartedly trust the system and embrace the culture. Is Foster that kind of guy?

This posted on 0420, lol. I think if he's there, T-Baum undoubtedly picks him up.

After giving it some thought.... Yeah, there's no way I'm passing on Foster at 22. It'd be a Laremy Tunsil 2.0 situation, but even better. And I say that with the belief that Tunsil is a Pro Bowler no later than in year 3. Foster has the potential to be the best player from this draft. In terms of talent I'd put Garrett, Hooker, Lattimore, and Foster at the top.

Gotcha. Foster coming in would present some questions at LB positions. Timmons best spot is probably at that MLB. But, I think of what the Jags did with Myles Jack last year. He came in, played out of position where they preferred him long term, now this year they are setting him up and moving the other pieces. Timmons is not the long term answer. Decent stop gap. But if Miami FO views Foster as a long term answer at the position, I could see them taking him and dealing with the position dilemma for 2017. As bad as our defense was right now, that's not really ideal for what we need our 1st round pick to do this year, but if the focus is long term...I could see it. Biggest question mark I would have for Foster is how the FO views his character. They have expressed several times this offseason they are really being mindful of finding "their type of guys" who will come in, not second guess and argue, just put their nose down and grind. Guys who will whole heartedly trust the system and embrace the culture. Is Foster that kind of guy?

Good post, I agree if the FO views Foster as an excellent long term solution to the position you have to take him at 22. I don't watch tape and unlike some, trust the FO infinity more than my own uninformed opinions, but I do know we are in need of some young blood at DE. I wouldn't be upset at all if Foster is the pick at 22, it's just not ideal for 2017 or 18 because he should either be a WILL or MIKE in a 4-3, and we have those locked up for the next 2 years with very little wiggle room. Long term though, if he can just stop getting hi (it's hard) I have no doubt he will be a great football player just like he was at Bama.

If Foster drops to #22, I'd take him. I don't think he's a NFL MLB however. In our scheme, he'd probably best be the WLB, with Kiko at MLB and Timmons at SLB. I don't think that Kiko is really a MLB either, but I think that arrangement would work better than the reverse.

Foster didn't have a positive sample either. It was a diluted sample, which counts as a failed test. They don't know what drug, if any, was in his system.

He knew exactly when the test would be and still failed. It not like this was a random test during the offseason like they do in the pros. This guy knew a test was coming and still couldn't pass it. That worries me.

He may be a bit of an idiot with regards to self management.

Back
Top Bottom